Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

The Q1 of 2019 already ended and so far no news about Code Vein. Bandai-Namco went silent about for many months. From what I heard the game was delayed after E3 2018 in last year and from what they can say about it, people loves the E3 build so much and forced to delay the game that so they can polish the game further. Honestly I don't think that's the case as some of other BN games already released in this year alone such as Ace Combat 7, God Eater 3 and Super Robot Wars T.

Perhaps according to my own theory BN delayed CV in order to make way for Ace Combat 7, God Eater 3, Super Robot Wars T and SD Gundam G Generation Cross rays. First three of them already hit the shelves and as for Cross Rays, more information already available to public meaning that the game could be released sooner than CV. While SRW T and Cross rays aren't GOTY materials like CV is but they are more marketable in Japan and east Asian countries. CV is more expensive to develop and harder to market in Asian countries so BN don't want to gamble on that.

Another theory is too many competition. Sekiro become best-selling game in Japan in the same week it debuted, easily beat the more hyped SRW T in PS4 version alone. Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima and team Ninja's Ni-Oh 2 could also be released in this summer and BN could find right time to release CV so it's best for them not to announce the release date for now.

Despite it was already 9 months since E3 2018 but it feels like forever because of lack of new information about it. I still hope this game might eventually come out in this year, be it in November or December.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

They delayed Code Vein for obvious reasons. Sekiro is in Q1 as well and they dont want to be overshadowed by that game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Agree with @sakaixx it's the same reason God Eater never released near a Monster Hunter release. Bandai Namco know better than that.

The delay will likely give Code Vein a better chance as well.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

^That's why God Eater 3 and Ace Combat 7 were released in 2019 instead of last year(2018). It's quite obvious that BN try to avoid competition. Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro aren't the only ones that BN need to worry about for CV. There are also Ghost of Tsushima and Ni-Oh 2 as well which I bet may come out earlier than CV. At this point I believe CV will be released much later of this year, most likely in Autumn especially in Halloween season(late October or early November).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@lembu90: Think you are throwing too many different genres together.

Ghost of Tsushima is barely competition considering the studios last works was an openworld american hero game. Not quite a Souls-clone. From what we've seen it'll be a story heavy game with light stealth and focus on motion capture.

And even though I really like Devil May Cry, that would not effect sales of Code Vein either. They share little in common.

It's solely Sekiro, even if it is closer to Tenchu most are still comparing it to DkS because that meme will just never die apparently (or reviewers are lazy). Most who are keeping an eye on Code Vein is due to its blatant similarities to the Soulsborne titles, just as God Eater was known to be MH-lite. And the only thing that could potentially damage sales for Code Vein was Sekiro in my opinion_

Nioh 2 is a non-issue. Hasn't even shown gameplay footage, they just acknowledged its existence and gave a brief summary. Also worth noting most the studio behind the last Dead or Alive (DoA6) was also stated to be working on Nioh 2. So chances are that won't even make 2019. Koei Tecmo will prioritise Team Ninja with DoA6 as well due to being the publishers cash-cow. Last Round on P.C. made an absurd amont of money.

Code Vein has been in development for years, many playable builds, it's likely all done right now and localised for every region. They just want to release at a beneficial window (take notes EA) Even two months after Sekiro will increase its chances. Just don't compete with your betters is the first rule publishers look at when making 'clone' products.

I'm sure Bandai Namco want to avoid a Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption/ Lords Of The Fallen/ and The Surge, situation.