My short-list and my dilemma...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheMazaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheMazaku
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts

My short-list: LittleBigPlanet, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3.

Dilemma: I will only be able to afford two to play over the end of year holidays.

What do I do!

LBP looks great as both a platformer and a tool for creating levels/items etc.

Far Cry 2's open world and realism looks very appealing and looks to be extremely immersive (animation wise, not sure about story)

Fallout 3 I have mixed feelings about. It seems 'Elder Scrolls' like, a series that never really appealed to me. I've always been a fan of character development and good story, and Fallout 3 seems to have done both of these done very, very well.

What do you guys think? Any recommendations or features of any game that you think may turn me one way or the other?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I personally would go for Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.
Little big planet would be something I would pick up much later on.
Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts

I'd recommand Fallout 3 and Farcry 2. Simply because Fallout 2 and Farcry are one of my fevorite games ever, I simply doubt anything can be better then their sequels (altough I'm a bit sceptical about new Fallout).

Go, Jack Carver, go!!!!! ;-)

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

My short-list: LittleBigPlanet, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3.

Dilemma: I will only be able to afford two to play over the end of year holidays.

What do I do!

LBP looks great as both a platformer and a tool for creating levels/items etc.

Far Cry 2's open world and realism looks very appealing and looks to be extremely immersive (animation wise, not sure about story)

Fallout 3 I have mixed feelings about. It seems 'Elder Scrolls' like, a series that never really appealed to me. I've always been a fan of character development and good story, and Fallout 3 seems to have done both of these done very, very well.

What do you guys think? Any recommendations or features of any game that you think may turn me one way or the other?

TheMazaku

Hard choice, personally I would try to get all three of them, I love LBP and Fallout 3 if you had to pick two of them though.

shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
I'd go with Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.
TheMazaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheMazaku
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts

Thanks for the help so far. I've decided not to base my decision on the past games in the series for Fallout/Far Cry. Mainly because I have never played Fallout, and I found Far Cry just to be a showcase of Crytek's engine.

Luckily Far Cry 2 is made by a different developer.

I think I know what I'll do. I have exams straight after release, so I'll wait till after exams and then make my decision. That would give enough time for reviews to come up, and I can base my decision on that. And my financial situation may allow be to buy all three, which would be great!

Thanks again :D

infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts
I'd go with LBP and Far Cry 2 (only because Fall Out 3 looks simliar to Oblivion and you can get Oblivion for a much cheeper price)
bchu79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bchu79
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
any game but little big planet. i dont want a do it yourself project for the same money it costs to buy a real game. id rather spend time playing my game than making it