My PS2 broke up again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hurriflash (645 posts) -

And as i enetered new year,

yesterday my ps2 console broke up, apparently working, but no loading anymore and, if turned on, no answering to button pression so i had to take off direclty electric plug to stop it. Then i opened cover and i found CU wire up and almost touching surface. Now i brought to repair, i'm considering, it's second time fault, to buy a new one, but the prices, i saw, are currently really expensive. I think i will wait for repair, they are a specialized shop

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24606 posts) -

yesterday my ps2 console broke up, apparently working, but no loading anymore and, if turned on, no answering to button pression so i had to take off direclty electric plug to stop it. Then i opened cover and i found CU wire up and almost touching surface. Now i brought to repair, i'm considering, it's second time fault, to buy a new one, but the prices, i saw, are currently really expensive. I think i will wait for repair, they are a specialized shop

hurriflash
is this supposed to be a question go buy a backwards compatible 60gb ps3 for the same price
#3 Posted by hurriflash (645 posts) -

[QUOTE="hurriflash"]

JigglyWiggly_

is this supposed to be a question go buy a backwards compatible 60gb ps3 for the same price

but it won't play all my ps2 games , i have 17 of them

#4 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24606 posts) -
check the comparability list unless you are saying you have 17 games that don't work
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#5 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
Cough up the $130 and buy a slim. Given the size of the library, it's a console you can always go back to and buy games for.
#6 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="hurriflash"]

hurriflash

but it won't play all my ps2 games , i have 17 of them

With the 60, there are only about 8-10 games that don't work right, and even then they're only glitches, not a full "will not work."
#7 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Used 60G PS3s are like bowling shoes or hookers... You never know how they were treated before you got to them, but most-likely, they weren't treated with care, and they're on their way to nasty or broken down, themselves...

:lol:

If you're gonna buy a used machine, why not buy/order one from a store so you have SOME sort of recourse when it frizzles, even just a 30-day exchange? Used PS2s are $25 here in WI. Perhaps you don't live in the US, but there's probably something similar wherever you call home. I would rather spend $25 and not be phased by it breaking. Because everything eventually DOES. Most phatty PS3s have been put through the paces, in my experience, and then you're out over $100...

;)

Just a thought. Proceed as you see fit.

#8 Posted by bultje112 (1868 posts) -

don't buy a 60 gb ps3. they break down very quickly

#9 Posted by hurriflash (645 posts) -

Thank you guys, after reading just old 60gb models contemplate retrocompatibility for PS2 games, i wonìt upgrade to playstation 3, i will wait my console comes back repaired one more time,,,LOL

#10 Posted by Amster_G (4329 posts) -

I also don't recommend buying a used 60GB. Just go for a brand new slim model. 60GB models are prone to breaking down due to age (because of the way they were built. It's a heat/thermal problem that causes the device to break down after a long time of usage).

#11 Posted by gregbmil (2701 posts) -

I have a slim that plays DVD games just fine. It will not play any games on CD (the blue ones), well at least it won't play the two that I have.

I made a topic about it a few days ago, if anyone remembers. I was using a Netgear power pack for it, so I got an offical one and it made no differance.

#12 Posted by gregbmil (2701 posts) -

Sorry for the double post. but my friend had a PS2 slim that would not play any games, just like the TC's.

He figured it was broken anyways, so what he did is kind of funny. He was out of ideas, so he opened it up and put Crisco on the bar that the len slides on. And sure enough it worked just fine. That was about 2 years ago and it's still working:P