My gamecube won't read discs!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Da_Banker (220 posts) -
I have Jedi Outcast for gamecube and when i put it in and turn on the gc it syas there is no disc but when i put it in my wii it works fine.
#2 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
have you tried putting a different disc in the GC to see if it reads it?
#3 Posted by Thiago26792 (11059 posts) -
You must clean your GC.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (20876 posts) -

I have Jedi Outcast for gamecube and when i put it in and turn on the gc it syas there is no disc but when i put it in my wii it works fine.Da_Banker

That sucks.

Try another game, this may 'unstuck' the lens. Try opening the and closing or resetting several times. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth starting from the center and gently going to the border (never in circles). If the problem persists the lens may be dirty or damaged or the disc may be scratched.

#5 Posted by fennec_fox (230 posts) -
Try cleanig the reading lense first (soft cloth)... may be even vacuum it with a soft brush :)
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#6 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (20876 posts) -

Try cleanig the reading lense first (soft cloth)... may be even vacuum it with a soft brush :)fennec_fox

Brush: Good

Cloth: Bad (you risk scratching the lens real bad)

The alternative is to purchase a cd lens cleaner (it's a fake cd with a little brush to painlessly clean the lens)

#7 Posted by Robot_Vampire (875 posts) -
If the lens is dirty I always found using one of those earbud things usually does the trick however I think to do it well you need steady hands otherwise you could cause more damage. I would say stick with the brush or the cloth ideas, they're tried and tested why it seems I'm the only one out of my friends who uses earbuds.