My final thoghts on Destiny-200 Hours in

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MisterrMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MisterrMatt
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I had fun, at first. Before the shiny pretty sparkle coat of new game smell wore off, I was hooked! An avid fan boy actually. 10/10 I would say! Game of the year I would say. But now, after one solid month of being lvl 29. Im afraid I must protest. After well over 200 hours into the game I feel that I may be qualified to speak up.

Week 4, 8th raid clear(one on hard and easy per week) and 5th ship as a reward.. For the most challengeing task this game has to offer! CONQUERING THE VAULT OF GLA---ship.. a ship.. again...*sigh* But I digress, on to the review. To keep this short only my top 3 will make each list first the Good!

GOOD-

1.Smooth gameplay. The combination of familiar FPS controls and the added element of getting to nifty places with your double or triple jump was a pleasure. Well done!

2. The visuals!!! ERMERGERD the skaibaxes! Some absolutely premo work on the visuals in the game, I had to have spent 10 hours just looking at stuffs cuz pretties!

3. PvP! Though I'm not a fan personaly of the pvp element of the game, its noting to shake a stick at! The added element of the players supers and jumping abilities really does make for an intense multiplayer experience.

BAD-

1. The loot system. As my opening statement may have suggested, this games RNG loot system is absolutely terrible. To ascend to max level and join the ranks of AWESOME, one must face the raid, then the spiteful RNG based reward system to mabey (prolly not tho) get the armor required-to get the light required-after getting the ascended materials required- to get to 30.

2. The Story. For shame bungie.... for shame. All but 4 of the story missions currently available in the current version of the game have NOTHING to do with each other. This is absolutely unacceptable. Unforgivable. There is no possible excuse for this that my gamer mind will ever comprehend. HALO bungie.. you made that.. and it was epiks...

3. The mission dynamics. FOR SHAAAAAME BUNGIE! a solid 70% of your stories gameplay goes as follows. Dinklebot hack terminal, defend dinklebot(or don't since he never gets shot... seriously.. ever... you could just walk away.. and the baddies just walk right past him....) move to new locked door/terminal and do it again.

I could continue on with the HATEtrain that poor Bungie has been saddled to, but as an old fan, I refuse. I'm not here to hate rain on them anymore then the wonderful world that is the interwebs already has. All in all, it was fun! I got well over 200 hrs of solid gameplay out of my $60 investment and for that I will not complain. I will, however, officially renounce the title of "Destiny Fanboy". The game was a Shaky 7/10 and perhaps after future patches and dlc releases it will get better. but for now,

Adios Destiny,

MisterrMatt

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Thanks for all that info.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

That was like most of the reviews' content...

Just wondering how u've put 200 hours into that game with those negative aspects....

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I would say that I agree with this... as much as I am hooked on the game and play constantly, the loot system is THE WORST!!! And the story... well, what story? You pretty much just complete a bunch of the same style of mission in different environments... BUT, I am still playing, for some unkown reason.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

200 hours !? :o

You know, if a game sucks, you don't have to put 10 hours in just to know the exact details of why it sucks. Its a disservice to any other good games just waiting to be played.