My fellow gamers. What to expect from Sony's Next-Gen PlayStation 5?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

This latest news showed up several days ago by Mark Cerny: PS5 news

Not just Mark Cerny, but also on Twitter from Sony itself discussing PS5:

Now that's out of the way, I wanted to see what you gamers are thinking about PS5? What do you wish to see, what specs, and most of all, what exclusive games you expect?

Me, I like to see Backwards Compatibility being able to play PS4 games on PS5. I don't care about specs, just the new exclusive games is all I wanna see. I won't buy PS5 on launch though, I still got lots to do on my PS4 and despite I always buy Sony consoles on launch day but not this time around. Heavy invested on my PC gaming but nevertheless, I'll wait a year later and see what games will have.

Does this news get's you excited gamers?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I feel this is the push of graphics that I wanted for this gen and yes it's not all about graphics but after all the downgrades of this generation it left me feeling disappointed on the graphics side. This sounds like the jump I was hoping for back in 2013 maybe we will get a Watch Dogs remaster with ray tracing or something and all the missing E3 effects along with parallax mapping.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I probably won't buy the PS5 as soon as it launches. I usually like to wait a bit. Honestly I haven't gotten good use out of my PS4 at all so there's no point in jumping to the next console. Newer consoles really haven't offered me much except for the Nintendo Switch.

Backwards compatibility would be a major plus as everyone says. It'd give me an excuse to buy some physical copies again. But we'll see.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Hopefully all the ones I own on PS4. PS1 and PS2 as well would be sweet also but I'll keep that expectation low.

PS4 games to get PS5 patches to at least run even better if they're getting continued support. Bloodborne should not be a mess anymore, that game has always ran like trash. And while MH:W is decent optimisation on PS4, should have all the improvements the Steam version has. Only reason I don't completely jump ship to P.C. is because it's lacking all my friends and the active community is much worse.

A save transfer feature from PS4>PS5 so I don't have to (I dunno. .) get my Behemoth armor and relic weapons again in MH:W. I would prefer to put my focus on the Master Rank when Iceborne drops.

Along with downloadable games I have on my PS4 should be transferable to the PS5.

Also better controllers like Pro controllers on Switch.

And the most radical expectation (will never happen) make online multiplayer free again. Sony has done nothing to improve the service as they originally claimed.

*So pretty much something catered to Gamers. Don't care for this 8K garbage. For a console, I just want a box that plays games, more the better, and make the most of what the system does in the right areas. Don't make it complicated, just useful and flexible.

Does this news get's you excited gamers?

Very meh but will buy day one. Not a shallow buff like the Pro many hyped up years ago.

I'm sure the Tech Elitists will call PS5 "outdated trash" on release and make threads 'we really need a PS6' a month after release. New gens always bring out the worst in smug Gamers who brag about a more fancy piece of plastic.

To me it's not much to be excited. It's natural upgrade to the PS4. Will at least be a new system. I expect no more, and no less from the upgrade. Though all the perks above would be appreciated as a minimal effort from Sony.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I might get a ps5 one of these days and use it to catch up on exclusives. But I'll need to buy a 4k smart tv first.

And I'm pretty busy with pc gaming, so getting a playstation probably won't be that high of a priority any time soon.

MiniGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MiniGames
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Mark Cerny has revealed that gamers shouldn't expect PS5 to launch in 2019. One of the invest analyst said it could get released on mid-to-late 2020. According to Cerny “is whether the console adds another layer to the sorts of experiences you already have access to, or if it allows for fundamental changes in what a game can be.”

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@speeny said:

I probably won't buy the PS5 as soon as it launches. I usually like to wait a bit. Honestly I haven't gotten good use out of my PS4 at all so there's no point in jumping to the next console. Newer consoles really haven't offered me much except for the Nintendo Switch.

Backwards compatibility would be a major plus as everyone says. It'd give me an excuse to buy some physical copies again. But we'll see.

I'm in the same boat as you are. Sony has to really impress me what launch games but for now, I still have lots to do on PS4, so I'll likely skip the launch year and wait until a year later or more.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I still have a lot to do on the PS4 before moving to PS5, and I have tons of games to finish. PS4 is a beautiful console and I have not unlocked its true potential yet XD.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

No more turn-based RPG and strategy games unless you count the hypothetical XCOM 3.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It would be great if Playstation 5 had full backwards compatibility with Playstation 1,2,3,4 Disc based games. But alas Sony will just do PS4 and call it a day. However as long as PS5 games are Great. I will be happy.

This is a $500.00 launch machine. I would a least like a pack in game or at the very least a demo disc. But not going to happen since Sony is going to be hard press to give a next Generation leap at a decent cost. Sony is not going to do another $887.00 console and sell it for $600.00 like they did for the PS3.

As long as the PS5 games are great I will be happy. Even though the launch games usually bomb.

It would have been great had the PS5 launched on the Playstation Brands 25th Birthday. Which would have been Dec 3rd 2019. Sigh that is not happening. As long as the PS5 games are great I will be happy.

I will get Playstation 5 on launch day. It will be the first 9th generation console I will buy first. Hopefully this console will live up to expectations.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Orange Juice making capabilities.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

It would be great if Playstation 5 had full backwards compatibility with Playstation 1,2,3,4 Disc based games. But alas Sony will just do PS4 and call it a day. However as long as PS5 games are Great. I will be happy.

This is a $500.00 launch machine. I would a least like a pack in game or at the very least a demo disc. But not going to happen since Sony is going to be hard press to give a next Generation leap at a decent cost. Sony is not going to do another $887.00 console and sell it for $600.00 like they did for the PS3.

As long as the PS5 games are great I will be happy. Even though the launch games usually bomb.

It would have been great had the PS5 launched on the Playstation Brands 25th Birthday. Which would have been Dec 3rd 2019. Sigh that is not happening. As long as the PS5 games are great I will be happy.

I will get Playstation 5 on launch day. It will be the first 9th generation console I will buy first. Hopefully this console will live up to expectations.

I wonder if things like the PS2 classic games on PS4 will be BC on PS5... hmmm. I hope so.

BitJetKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BitJetKit
Member since 2019 • 26 Posts

I hate home concepts: from Americans. I demand mobile gaming. Go away home console demanders back: to your original emigrated countries.

Jobbiejab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jobbiejab
Member since 2019 • 0 Posts

I want new games like HZD2,god of war 5,GT7,uncharted 5

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

I am having an OK time (not great, mind you) with my PS4, the exclusives are decent, so I might do what I did with the PS4; wait a couple years until the second iteration (PS5 "slim" or whatever they want to call it) comes out, pick up a few of their exclusives for cheap, and give it a whirl.

I'm not exactly looking forward to or anticipating the PS5, it's just another installment in a long line of overhyped consoles that generally fails to deliver on what they promise. I'll stop there, this isn't system wars.

@gettingonwithgaminglife said:

I still have a lot to do on the PS4 before moving to PS5, and I have tons of games to finish. PS4 is a beautiful console and I have not unlocked its true potential yet XD.

As others have said, backwards compatibility would help with this, and I hope they include it. At least for PS4 games. It would be a smart move on SONY's part, at least from a customer satisfaction point, but anything that could limit sales of PS5 games would be bad for them so I don't expect them to do what's good for the customer, only what is good for their bottom line.

GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GettingonwithGamingLife

@mrbojangles25: Interesting to hear your point. Its all about the revenue now-days rather than what the users actually want. I hope you can max out your PS4

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Interesting to hear your point. Its all about the revenue now-days rather than what the users actually want. I hope you can max out your PS4

I hope so too but I certainly doubt it; not that they're bad games, but if God of War, Spider-Man, and Horizon: Zero Dawn don't impress, I doubt anything else in the PS4 library will.

Still, I don't regret buying it, it's been fun enough and didn't set me back that much.

I hope PS5 will be about the games and gameplay and less about the tech, but all this talk about 8K has me thinking it won't be.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
@mrbojangles25 said:

I hope so too but I certainly doubt it; not that they're bad games, but if God of War, Spider-Man, and Horizon: Zero Dawn don't impress, I doubt anything else in the PS4 library will.

Still, I don't regret buying it, it's been fun enough and didn't set me back that much.

I hope PS5 will be about the games and gameplay and less about the tech, but all this talk about 8K has me thinking it won't be.

It's the gamers/fanboys who is taking this whole 8K very seriously and the fact that PC gamers like us know 8K gaming will never be true on consoles but again, anyone who understands tech should know better then the average console gamer who are fanboys.

In short, I don't care for PS5 specs like that, I wanna hear about new IP games only. And I still haven't seen a single leak new IP game coming for PS5.

GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GettingonwithGamingLife

@davillain-: Its understandable you want an IP and besides I don't even know what 8k is, I haven't even tried 4k, that stuff is not really why i play games.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I expect a stable OS that doesn't lag because of internet features