My fellow gamers. What gaming console do you plan to get for next-gen? PS5 or Xbox Series X or both?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49522 Posts

With the recent specs revealed for Xbox Series X and likely PS5 news coming in the next few months before E3 2020 starts. But it's also been confirm both next-gen consoles will be using AMD RDNA 2 GPU which is huge for next-gen gaming but that's another story. That said, what next-gen console do you plan to get and why?

For me. I'm still leaning PS5 but I have no real urgent feelings towards getting it day 1. I'm going to wait patiently for PS5 to roll out and see the real stats, in play and so forth of what to expect and judge accordingly and since my PS4 is doing just fine, why upgrade just yet? I have a high-end gaming PC, so buying XSX is out of the question when MS now supports PC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36819 Posts

I’ll get both. Definitely an Xbox Series X first at launch then sometime later on get a PS5.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6980 Posts

PS5

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 6562 Posts

PS5, but probably Xmas 2021 at the earliest.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13649 Posts

I plan on neither initially. If the games and price are appealing then I may grab one. I have a decent PC so it would most likely not be the new Xbox.

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

I'll stick with my XboneX for the time being, as MS has said it would still be receiving games for 2 years after next gen hits.

After that I might go 100% streaming with a dash of Switch 2.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 5815 Posts

Depends on games if there's a quality line up on both then probably first of all x series then ps5 later down the line.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 828 Posts

Right now I am leaning towards PS5, no matter what I will be pre-ordering one or the other or waiting outside a store to get one the day they launch. I am very stoked for both.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 13780 Posts

PS5 but the real question is when is Bloodborne 2. I will definitely buy PS5 day one if it has Bloodborne 2, if not then dunno I will wait for some JRPG that catches my eye.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49522 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

Right now I am leaning towards PS5, no matter what I will be pre-ordering one or the other or waiting outside a store to get one the day they launch. I am very stoked for both.

Going in blind huh? Well, I do wonder what the launch games will be like?

@sakaixx said:

PS5 but the real question is when is Bloodborne 2. I will definitely buy PS5 day one if it has Bloodborne 2, if not then dunno I will wait for some JRPG that catches my eye.

Surprise Bloodborne hasn't hit PC yet at all. Bloodborne 2 would most likely convince me and buy PS5 just for Bloodborne 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I would like to get the Series X at some point down the line, but for now I'm expecting to just get a new XBox One X.

I want to go back and spend more time with a lot of the games I enjoyed from this gen, and finally play a few I didn't get around to checking out. I also want to go digital, so I can hopefully take my collection forward with me to the Series X.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’ll get both. Definitely an Xbox Series X first at launch then sometime later on get a PS5.

Yup both fer shur. Gotta have every game experience open to you, so get all consoles and a PC. Best Value will be MS, best sclusies will be PS. And you have to have whatever Nintendo puts out.

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

@lozengez said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Yup both fer shur. Gotta have every game experience open to you, so get all consoles and a PC. Best Value will be MS, best sclusies will be PS. And you have to have whatever Nintendo puts out.

Spoken like a true man of limitless wealth.