(MW2) What is considered cheap?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IceManAVWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 IceManAVWA
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
Okay so I've played Modern Warfare 2 out as far as campaign and spec ops go. Just within the last week I've gotten into the online experience which as most players already know is full of whiners, complainers and very profane people who just can't handle losing. My question comes to play as far as etiquitte goes. I know heartbeat sensors attached to sniper rifles while sitting in the same glitched spot is bad form. What weapons, attachments, perks and styles are considered bad form? (I ask only to avoid the wrath of the community. You use a riot shield once and the world goes berserk!)
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Anything that kills you more than once is considered cheap or "noobish" with that community...
Bridgelayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Bridgelayer
Member since 2008 • 236 Posts

Heartbeat sensor is pretty cheap. People that manage somehow to shot you in the head from across the map with a .45 is pretty lame as well.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I mute everyone that's not on my friends list, so I really don't care what people consider "cheap".

The #1 thing people seem to hate is ambushing, aka "camping". I guess they'd prefer it if you were just running down the middle of the street.

If it's effective in any way, someone will consider it cheap. Who cares?

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Everything in that game is cheap. The game takes no skill at all. You shoot somebody once and they die, there is not chance to get away if you are caught in crossfire or are shot at first. First 1 to shoot always wins. That game sucks. Try playing something with real skill where you have to keep your aim on an enemy for a long amount of time, now that's skill. MW2 is probably the worst FPS game ever made.

MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

Accusing someone of being cheap for abusing a loadout in Modern Warfare 2, is like accusing an NBA team of abusing height.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dire_Weasel

Everything in that game is cheap. The game takes no skill at all. You shoot somebody once and they die, there is not chance to get away if you are caught in crossfire or are shot at first. First 1 to shoot always wins. That game sucks. Try playing something with real skill where you have to keep your aim on an enemy for a long amount of time, now that's skill. MW2 is probably the worst FPS game ever made.

MasterKingMP

I see the Master Chief contingent has weighed in.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Hearbeat sensor, dual welding, shotgun or grenade launcher attachements, grenade launcher or rocket launcher, shield, throwing knives, tactical nukes, airstrikes, sticky grenades. Basicly everything new that makes the game less of a aim and shoot generic fps.
IceManAVWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IceManAVWA
Hearbeat sensor, dual welding, shotgun or grenade launcher attachements, grenade launcher or rocket launcher, shield, throwing knives, tactical nukes, airstrikes, sticky grenades. Basicly everything new that makes the game less of a aim and shoot generic fps.dakan45
Wow.......I'm surprised you left out thermals. Thanks for the comprehensive list though!
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#10 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I hate the multiplayer version of this game for a few reasons and while you may not agree, they are justified reasons.

1.) People use glitches and other "illegal" things to get an advantage. That's just wrong no matter how you slice it.

2.) The weapons system in this game is horribly horribly HORRIBLY broken. One, someone who is level 70 has been playing a LOT longer than someone who is 8 (like me). So naturally they will be more experienced and better. Ok fine. But couple that with the most awesome guns in the game with sweet attachments? *Bleep* that. I've buried like 5 shots in one guy's chest and he shoots me once and I die? Hell no. Just hell no. This happens MANY times to new players and it just goes beyond frustration.

krazy-blazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 krazy-blazer
Member since 2009 • 1759 Posts
Two things really, Fragfest & camping.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Hearbeat sensor, dual welding, shotgun or grenade launcher attachements, grenade launcher or rocket launcher, shield, throwing knives, tactical nukes, airstrikes, sticky grenades. Basicly everything new that makes the game less of a aim and shoot generic fps.IceManAVWA
Wow.......I'm surprised you left out thermals. Thanks for the comprehensive list though!

Well i dont know about you but i cant see crap with a therma on all the time l, i can only use it without frustration only when someone has thrown a smoke grenade, but anyway thats me.
IceManAVWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IceManAVWA
[QUOTE="IceManAVWA"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Hearbeat sensor, dual welding, shotgun or grenade launcher attachements, grenade launcher or rocket launcher, shield, throwing knives, tactical nukes, airstrikes, sticky grenades. Basicly everything new that makes the game less of a aim and shoot generic fps.dakan45

Well i dont know about you but i cant see crap with a therma on all the time l, i can only use it without frustration only when someone has thrown a smoke grenade, but anyway thats me.

I hate those things. I've only gone thermal once on-line. At underpass it came in handy but it wasn't worth the hate messages.......Some people are just so dang serious they kinda ruin the experience.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Noobtube is cheapest, just because with Danger Close you only have to shoot in the general direction of an enemy or enemies to blow them up. But that being said, it doesn't stop me from using Scavenger, Danger Close, noobtube, RPG and Semtex, lol. Not that it's my only build, just one of many.

Using thermal and hiding in the grass with sniper in Brecourt (or whatever its called) is also generally bad form..

As previously stated, people call almost everything cheap when they're dying from it :) Don't use in-game comments to decide what's cheap or not.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

I hate the multiplayer version of this game for a few reasons and while you may not agree, they are justified reasons.

1.) People use glitches and other "illegal" things to get an advantage. That's just wrong no matter how you slice it.

2.) The weapons system in this game is horribly horribly HORRIBLY broken. One, someone who is level 70 has been playing a LOT longer than someone who is 8 (like me). So naturally they will be more experienced and better. Ok fine. But couple that with the most awesome guns in the game with sweet attachments? *Bleep* that. I've buried like 5 shots in one guy's chest and he shoots me once and I die? Hell no. Just hell no. This happens MANY times to new players and it just goes beyond frustration.

SemiMaster
Yah I'm going through the same problem with World at War, since I just started. My KDR is terrible, I'm just trying to level as much as possible.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dire_Weasel

SemiMaster

Honestly, you've really got it wrong.

There were glitches, but they've all been patched out. AFAIK, there are no game-breaking glitches, (like the infinite care package) left.

The "best" guns are available at level one. FAMAS with stopping power? It's a default class. MW2 upgrades are more about variety then about power level... all the guns have been balanced to be approximately as deadly as each other. The only things I really miss when I prestige are Cold Blooded and Ninja.

Also, no gun does less than 20 points per bullet, so "five shots in the chest" will literally kill anyone at any range with any gun, even silenced.

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

The game is pretty easy, it's just the killstreaks that are a bit ridiculous at times. AT4 is pretty useless so you have nothing to take down air support until the Stinger which is unlocked at lvl 30. Cold Blooded is a must for anti air classes and that's not acquired till lvl 28 or something. So already new players are at a disadvantage when chopper gunners and AC 130's take to the skies. That's my only real problem with the game.

The weapons are fine. Noobtubes do need to be toned down a bit though.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dire_Weasel

Yeah, I miss cold blooded the most when I prestige.

There is a default class with cold-blooded ... the Scout Sniper. However, trying to get kills with that silenced USP can be pretty rough. :)

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#19 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

Dire_Weasel

There were glitches, but they've all been patched out. AFAIK, there are no game-breaking glitches, (like the infinite care package) left.

The "best" guns are available at level one. FAMAS with stopping power? It's a default class. MW2 upgrades are more about variety then about power level... all the guns have been balanced to be approximately as deadly as each other. The only things I really miss when I prestige are Cold Blooded and Ninja.

Also, no gun does less than 20 points per bullet, so "five shots in the chest" will literally kill anyone at any range with any gun, even silenced.

Say what you want... I'm telling you like it is for me.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#20 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Heartbeat Sensors, Thermal Scopes (I still use them, :P) Akimbo Shotguns, Underbarrel Grenade Launchers, and obviously glitching. Also, as hypocritical as it is, everybody, including those who do it, all have one thing:

Camping.

Camping!

CAMPING!

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Game is $50-60 and the map pack is $15 for 3 new maps and 2 old ones. That's certainly NOT cheap.

Oh, you mean "cheap" as in having an extra edge in the game! :P

There's NOTHING cheaper than the akimbo dual 1887 shotguns. NOTHING!!! It's the cheapest weapon combo ever made, not just MW2 but among all games!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dire_Weasel

Say what you want... I'm telling you like it is for me.SemiMaster

Ok, what's "the most awesome gun in the game" for you that breaks the game?

HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
that thing about 5 shots to the chest is definitely not true. i've hit people several times with more than 5 shots to the chest with a silenced vector and not gotten a kill. the vector is a weak gun as is then when you put a silencer on it without stopping power it takes at least 6 or 7 shots to the chest/back unless you're at a very close range.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
that thing about 5 shots to the chest is definitely not true. i've hit people several times with more than 5 shots to the chest with a silenced vector and not gotten a kill. the vector is a weak gun as is then when you put a silencer on it without stopping power it takes at least 6 or 7 shots to the chest/back unless you're at a very close range.HipnotiKal
wow and its suposed to be a powerfull 45 acp smg with low recoil.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Anything that is in the game and wins consistently is considered cheap by lesser players who can't hang with the best.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts
I don't consider anything to really be cheap in the game myself, I've always found ways to counter any opposing tactics. Also the default classes do a fine job of giving low-level players a fighting chance.
Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

It seems that everything is cheap why? well you just said it for the whiners

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dire_Weasel

that thing about 5 shots to the chest is definitely not true. i've hit people several times with more than 5 shots to the chest with a silenced vector and not gotten a kill. the vector is a weak gun as is then when you put a silencer on it without stopping power it takes at least 6 or 7 shots to the chest/back unless you're at a very close range.HipnotiKal

Silenced Vector: 20 points of damage at any range. 5 bullets from that gun at any range will kill unless you're shooting through cover or your target has Painkiller active.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

IceManAVWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IceManAVWA
Looks like not all is fair in war after all.....Last night I was on Estate (Team Deathmatch) and 3 guys holed up on the balcony sniping in our general re-spawn area. They sat there and cleaned out a good few guys. So I took the grenade launcher on my famas and cleaned all 3 out. One of them had the nerve to call me a hack! The spawn killer yelling at the counter kill......I'm lost as to this community. It's cheap if it works against you...Is that it?
D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Yep the whole COD multiplayer perplexes me. Its not sure if its Unreal Tournament or Operation Flashpoint, so you get crazy situations.

BuckFutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BuckFutts
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

First facts first: this game has been patched and i have not noticed any glitching or hacking for awhile now. So, all of these problems come from the community. Today a few matches i was ambushed by a person with marathon, lightweight, and command pro with a tactical knife. How more annoying can you get? One match i played Quarry and where Task Force 141 first respawns there was a guy on the opposite team about the first minute in who found his way back in the corner camping with a heartbeat sensor and a termal scope just picking off people who ran by. That to me is considered cheap i guess? it makes me feel sorry for the person because it just looks really really boring. I picked up BC battlefield 2 and am blown away by the expierence. If you want a legit and FUN online expierence than pick up BC battlefield 2. MW2 online has been destroyed by the community by all means. To many serious people who ruin the expierence for the rest of us who just want to have a good time. In all its just a videogame that won't be remembered for much. Im moving on

-C

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Thermo is really stupid. You can see the enemies before they ever see you.

Heartbeat Sensor shouldn't be in the game to begin with.

The game is not meant for competitive play at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Obviously not the price of it. And pretty much every single weapon and killstreak.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

Dire_Weasel

I have to concur with Weasel on this one: FAMAS, UMP45, Intervention, Barret .50 are all available right off the bat. So are perks like Stopping Power, Sleight of Hand (easy to turn Pro) and Steady Aim. As if that weren't enough, the default classes are specifically designed to give you a balanced class with unlocks from later levels, to make you competitive against anyone from the start.
Psychoman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Psychoman93
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

People that sit from half way across the map and spam noob tube and one man army not really cheap but they just piss me off!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I just recently started playing MW2 online.

While we're on the topic, is it possible for someone to cheat by hacking the game and getting cheats? Do people actually do it? If so, has Activision taken steps to prevent this?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I just recently started playing MW2 online.

While we're on the topic, is it possible for someone to cheat by hacking the game and getting cheats? Do people actually do it? If so, has Activision taken steps to prevent this?

MathMattS
1. Yes, plenty 2. No, neither Activision or Infinity Ward care if people cheat.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Accusing someone of being cheap for abusing a loadout in Modern Warfare 2, is like accusing an NBA team of abusing height.

MajorGamer531

This.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#39 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

People who go around using akimbo

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

My biggest problem is Commando. I swear I have been knifed when I was to the right or left of the person and they were not even looking at me. And I see a guy running at me, and he's pretty far away, so I start to shoot, and he takes a 15 foot lunge and knifes me. Commando is one of my few gripes with the game.

wrecks112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wrecks112
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

I don't think anything is "cheap", if they deside to put it in then it's fairgame. Sure some things are annoying, but it's nothing to get worked up about.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
If i kill someone online it's usually considered *cheap* People will whine no matter what way you kill them.
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

I don't think anything is "cheap", if they deside to put it in then it's fairgame. Sure some things are annoying, but it's nothing to get worked up about.

wrecks112
Agreed. If it's in the game, it's not cheap just because some gamers don't like it - it's pretty arrogant to tell other gamers how they should play a game. What was cheap to me was releasing the game with no beta testing for the online MP, that's where all of MW2's problems have come from, the cheats, bugs and exploits they couldn't be bothered to deal with. As far as what they've included in the game, it's a different issue in that if you don't like certain guns, attachments or perks then you don't like the game's choice to make the game more accessible to new players - and in that case you should stop buying any game in the series and not support this " we can make our game all things to all people and make more money" philosophy. I can guarantee you that the Kotick announcement about reaching a wider audience will translate to "we will be including a ton of things that will royally piss off seasoned and serious players." Again, that's something you should consider before you vote for what games you want to see in the future with your wallet.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#44 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
Maybe it's just my fighting game personality talking, but anything that is intentionally in the game, is fair game. And if the people you are playing against don't like it, then they're the real noobs, I would say. As much as I hate using the word, noob.
XDeath_ReaperX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XDeath_ReaperX
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Commando, Painkiller and the cheapest one is the 1 man army danger close noob tube set up. Check out this video to see how cheap it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBX83uC3RNM Even though i have done it a few times myself lol.
Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tsuanthony
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts

gernade launchers

all those added perks.. real soldiers are not super human...

that you can slowly revive after you've been hit several times.. come on! if you get shot, your screen should stay red/dark making it harder for you to see and harder to concentrate and focus..

last stand.. what is this?

small small maps and very nice camping spots

firing from the hips perfectly.. .not always possible

one thing you have to know is that in real fights/wars everything is unexpected and you have to very aware of your surroundings,.. this they do great in the game.

but players rushing and killing people as they spawn is ridiculous..

the airstrikes and all that is lame as well

perks should be earned by making them avalible to a class you choose..

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
The fact that you can get killed from anywhere. With all those paths, there is no closed fight.
Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tsuanthony
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts

The fact that you can get killed from anywhere. With all those paths, there is no closed fight.CRS98

but sadly thats real life isn't it? :P

if only people stuck together as teams and not go all lone wolf

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

[QUOTE="wrecks112"]

albatrossdrums

Agreed. If it's in the game, it's not cheap just because some gamers don't like it - it's pretty arrogant to tell other gamers how they should play a game. What was cheap to me was releasing the game with no beta testing for the online MP, that's where all of MW2's problems have come from, the cheats, bugs and exploits they couldn't be bothered to deal with. As far as what they've included in the game, it's a different issue in that if you don't like certain guns, attachments or perks then you don't like the game's choice to make the game more accessible to new players - and in that case you should stop buying any game in the series and not support this " we can make our game all things to all people and make more money" philosophy. I can guarantee you that the Kotick announcement about reaching a wider audience will translate to "we will be including a ton of things that will royally piss off seasoned and serious players." Again, that's something you should consider before you vote for what games you want to see in the future with your wallet.

Major cop out. Since when are game developers all-knowing and perfect? They put cheap additions in video games all the time and even though it's usually for a good reason it can sometimes make things worse.

Anyway, MW2 is cheap itself. The unrealistic nature of things make it seem cheap. The fact that I can walk around with two assult rifles or shotguns is wholly unrealistic. In case anyone didn't know, guns can get pretty heavy. You've already got all that other heavy crap on and you're running at top speed with two shotguns strapped to you? Yeah ok...

Heartbeat monitor - Because knowing where my enemies are at all times without having to even see them is fair. C'mon now....

Colt Sniping - Really?

Camping - Considered cheap in shooting games since forever; The spawning player has no chance to survive realistically, especially if they have a shotgun pointed at you. You can't outrun a shotgun at close range.

Shooting - joke;