Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Topic title says it all.

Apart from Dingaling, the one-man team behind the absolutely incredible LISA: The Painful RPG, I can't help but feel Image and Form don't get nearly enough love. for those that don't know, they're the team behind the Steamworld games, and the two entries Steamworld Heist and Steamworld Dig 2 are some of the best games of this decade. I'll admit to feeling lukewarm on Steamworld Quest (I have yet to beat it) but they're a ridiculously creative indie team that is constantly changing things up.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Hmm I rarely go with the whole underrated tag, for indie developed games though makes sense some hit it big- Hollow Knight, Among Us, and Minecraft. While some absolute gems get lost in the mass of sharware filth.

Image & Form is a good shoutout. Only got around to play the original SteamWorld Dig but enjoyed it heavily. I've read the sequel is even better.

One I will throw out is DrinkBox Studios, most well known for Guacamelee. Yet Severed and Tales of Space are also really great too.

A lot of the others I like have either just supported one game for years, only intended to make one game that took a decade, developed small 'meh' mobile games since, or currently pouring time into developing the next big one.

Have high hopes for O.T.K (The Vagrant), GalaxyTrail (Freedom Planet), and D-Pad (Owlboy) developers, and the new games they're working on.