Most effort for a gold trophy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

I'm finding with alot of games now that some of the trophies/achievements seem to be quite lame. For instance in Assassins Creed 2, you get a bronze trophy for being born, in Arkham, you get a silver trophy for defeating Harley Quinn, even though its actually a cut scene.

However, some of the trophies take alot of dedication to get, my most recent and probably the one that took the most effort for to get (excluding the platinums cos we all know that takes some doing, except me lol) is a gold for completing Dirt 2.

So, whats the bronze, silver or gold trophy thats taken the most effort to get for you?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I'm going for the Platinum trophy in Demon's Souls. It is the most arduous task I've ever undertaken, videogames or otherwise.:P I just need one more Gold trophy to get my Platinum, and as luck would have it, I screwed something major up and had to start over with a new character for this last trophy. There is an item called the 'Yellow Demon's Soul'. You can only get one of these items each time you play the game, and you need to use the 'Yellow Demon's Soul' on four different things to get every trophy in the game. I'm ready to get that Platinum and take a long break from Demon's Souls.
FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts
Getting the level 10 online rank trophy on GTAIV is freaking hard.
Maccas4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Maccas4177
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

getting the trophy for collecting all the bobbleheads in Fallout 3 took over 150 hrs - 2 play throughs. I stuffed something up at the end in the first one and had to basically start all over again.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Resident Evil 5 gave you a Bronze trophy for completing each section of every Chapter. I had close to 30 trophies by the time I finished my first run.

I am really weird about trophies. I spend hours trying to collect each bronze trophy in games since they are kinda easy to get, but I simply dont have the skill or patience to finish the game on the hardest difficulty setting. I have all but one trophy for KZ2, and you get that for finishing the game on Elite difficulty. Two shots and you are dead. Yeah, I'll pass.

Batman's last few combat challenges are the only ones keeping me from a platinum. It's really frutrating knwoing you are one or two lousy trophies away from a platinum.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
I'm going for the Platinum trophy in Demon's Souls. It is the most arduous task I've ever undertaken, videogames or otherwise.:P I just need one more Gold trophy to get my Platinum, and as luck would have it, I screwed something major up and had to start over with a new character for this last trophy. There is an item called the 'Yellow Demon's Soul'. You can only get one of these items each time you play the game, and you need to use the 'Yellow Demon's Soul' on four different things to get every trophy in the game. I'm ready to get that Platinum and take a long break from Demon's Souls.rragnaar
Why not just complete the game twice, back up your game save, use the YDS on insanity catalyst and the miracle, restore your save file and get the magic one?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm going for the Platinum trophy in Demon's Souls. It is the most arduous task I've ever undertaken, videogames or otherwise.:P I just need one more Gold trophy to get my Platinum, and as luck would have it, I screwed something major up and had to start over with a new character for this last trophy. There is an item called the 'Yellow Demon's Soul'. You can only get one of these items each time you play the game, and you need to use the 'Yellow Demon's Soul' on four different things to get every trophy in the game. I'm ready to get that Platinum and take a long break from Demon's Souls.reyad-u
Why not just complete the game twice, back up your game save, use the YDS on insanity catalyst and the miracle, restore your save file and get the magic one?

The save files for Demon's Souls are locked. In any case, I got my platinum this weekend, and it all worked out fine.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 reyad-u
I think the trophies that really took the longest for me to get was the Saboteur freeplay trophies, you need to do every free play target in the game to get those three trophies, and there's roughly 1300 targets, I only did it because I've got no other games to play at this time so I thought I might as well get the platinum :D.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 reyad-u
[QUOTE="rragnaar"] The save files for Demon's Souls are locked. In any case, I got my platinum this weekend, and it all worked out fine.

Really? good thing I never attempted that then. How hard was the fourth play through then? Flamelurker got on my nerves on my second so I had to resort to spells.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rragnaar
[QUOTE="reyad-u"][QUOTE="rragnaar"] The save files for Demon's Souls are locked. In any case, I got my platinum this weekend, and it all worked out fine.

Really? good thing I never attempted that then. How hard was the fourth play through then? Flamelurker got on my nerves on my second so I had to resort to spells.

I ended up using one character to get the bulk of the trophies that I took into NG++, a different character to get the 'All Miracles' trophy, and then a third character that I took into NG+ to get the 'All Rings' trophy. I bungled a few things along the way that really caused some big setbacks. Playing a game that autosaves after you do anything can be really heartbreaking when you screw up something big.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

I think the trophies that really took the longest for me to get was the Saboteur freeplay trophies, you need to do every free play target in the game to get those three trophies, and there's roughly 1300 targets, I only did it because I've got no other games to play at this time so I thought I might as well get the platinum :D.reyad-u

MY GOD! 1300? I was going nuts trying to collect all 100 feathers in AC2 and then decided to take a few weeks break to get my sanity back.

Finding and killing 1300 targets is insane. PLEASE tell me it was a gold trophy.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 reyad-u

[QUOTE="reyad-u"]I think the trophies that really took the longest for me to get was the Saboteur freeplay trophies, you need to do every free play target in the game to get those three trophies, and there's roughly 1300 targets, I only did it because I've got no other games to play at this time so I thought I might as well get the platinum :D.S0lidSnake

MY GOD! 1300? I was going nuts trying to collect all 100 feathers in AC2 and then decided to take a few weeks break to get my sanity back.

Finding and killing 1300 targets is insane. PLEASE tell me it was a gold trophy.

Sadly no it wasn't, I think it was four measly bronze trophies for what was pretty much the mongest hunt in the game. Getting those 1300 targets took twice as long as the main game did.