Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

@joe_b1_kenobi said:

@Macutchi: I get that maybe the setting was true to life, but it just didn’t seem like a great setting for an open world game. Every location looked the same to me. I do get the praise it received for its emergent gameplay but for me it just felt boring compared to the different locations in mgs4 for example. To answer the question ‘what was I expecting?’, I’m not really sure and was sceptical going in tbh. I just wish they stuck to something more linear for this particular series.

to your point about not being a great setting for an open world game, whilst i agree on paper, i never considered the game open world, at least not in the same way as something like falllout 4 or gta is open world.

it was a sandbox, allowing you to approach a mission area from whichever direction you felt tactically most suitable. sure, there were missions in which you were required to travel but it was all very linear and at no point, to my recollection, did the game expect or rely upon you to explore.

i agree that there was a lot of repetitiveness and a lack of diverse mission areas in the name of staying "true to life." i'm with you on that front, and particularly considering the long length of the game, it suffered overall as a result. compare to the sandbox levels of dishonored, particularly d2, and they're worlds apart. obviously, despite both being stealth games, there's quite a few fundamental differences in style between dishonored and mgs but it's a shame the game wasn't more balanced in that regard

games_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By games_killer
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

great

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@toonlonk: Actually I like the recent mainline Pokémon games. Just not whatever that game is suppose to be. .

I'm not saying I don't like Pokemon. Pokemon Diamond for the DS is what largely got me into gaming to begin with, but I just think that the recent entries have been subpar and a lifeless-looking remake of Yellow won't help anything.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@toonlonk: "lifeless remake" fully agree.

Got into the series with X then Sun and I like the competitive play online aspect. The newer main entries have a lot more depth than they had in the older games and I appreciate that.

Let's Go however is essentially a Pokémon Go sequel for Switch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

It's hard to say really. Out of all the games I played this gen and I see everyone mention some of the games I played already, I wasn't disappointed in anyways really. But however, I can somewhat say if there was "one" game that left me disappointed it's Dragon Age: Inquisition! Now I personally didn't hate the game, I just felt like it wasn't nowhere near as good as Dragon Age: Origin, I couldn't finish the game at all.

Guess I'll say Dragon Age: Inquisition is the only game left me disappointed so far cause this generation isn't over yet.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I know this is an unpopular opinion but my biggest let down was god of war. GOW is one of my all time favorite series and I was super excited for the new game. I never buy games day one, but I did buy this and it is just a major letdown. I am only a few hours in but so far it is just dull, I have not officially given up on it(although it has been a few months since I played it), I will give it another chance at some point but the game has not hooked me at all.

The odd thing is I do enjoy the setting, I think the idea of doing norse gods is a really good one, I even like kratos personality and his interactions with his son, but I just cannot get into the gameplay at all. I really want to like the game too, maybe I will eventually get into it and really enjoy it but for now it is definitely the biggest letdown of this gen for me.

heljar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 heljar75
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Metal Gear Survive, kill it with fire!

You was disappointed by that? I haven't played it, but a Metal Gear survival game set in an alien world doesn't sound right to me. It must be pretty bad if you were disappointed by it. Glad I didn't buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@heljar75: It's really not a bad survival game, the main problem is that people thought that it's going to be similar to the main MGS games.

heljar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 heljar75
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

@dorog1995: Then they should read more about the game. I read one article and knew that this wouldn't be a typical MGS-game.

dmagnusson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dmagnusson
Member since 2014 • 51 Posts

ghost sniper and the Call of Duty games

Poopinjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Poopinjeff
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Fortnite

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Can't be disappointed by a game you did not expect to be any good in the first place. So most were exactly what I expected from them.

So far I've only been pleasantly surprised by DX: Mankind Divided.

SonyFan03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SonyFan03
Member since 2018 • 17 Posts

Spider-Man PS4 is the biggest disappointed game in this generation

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

@sonyfan03 said:

Spider-Man PS4 is the biggest disappointed game in this generation

is it disappointed in your weird obsession over it?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RSM-HQ
@pook99 said:

The odd thing is I do enjoy the setting, I think the idea of doing norse gods is a really good one, I even like kratos personality and his interactions with his son, but I just cannot get into the gameplay at all. I really want to like the game too, maybe I will eventually get into it and really enjoy it but for now it is definitely the biggest letdown of this gen for me.

I'm guessing it's the over-the-shoulder camera; doesn't help any slasher. It was clearly done to give the game a more cinematic view point, at the cost of fluid gameplay. It works great for TPS but for an Action Slasher it breaks the structure of the game. And the indicators added near the end of development shows they knew it was a bad overall choice_

While everyone got excited for a NG+ mode, I just want a classic camera mode.

Also wasn't personally a fan of throw axes or gather orb puzzles. Very repetitive and lacked the puzzle variety we see in most GoW games. Add to that masking the Fire Troll throughout the game was overly repetitive even for GoW standards.

With that, compared to Ascension. GoW(IV) gets mostly my praise for what it gets right. But it certainly gets a lot wrong as well. .

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I see a lot of people are just naming bad games. When I think disappointing I think of a game that I had sky high expectations for that just weren't met but it wasn't necessarily a bad game. In fact I still really enjoyed it overall. That game was Arkham Knight. The Batmobile although it was an awesome edition was used to much in puzzles. There was also a surprising lack of boss battles which are a necessity in superheroes games. Overall I really enjoyed it but I was expecting it to be TW3, GoW level great and it just wasn't there.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

Mass Effect: Andromeda, and it's not even close.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I never played God of War(PS4) and I never planned to. What I heard about other people on the game they are disappointed with Santa Monica Studio had removed sex and nudity(most likely to appeal feminist and/or SJW crowd) and major overhaul to its core gameplay from fast, over-the-top hack-and slash action similar to Devil May Cry and Bayonetta series into a slower, Last of Us-eque gameplay. While far from disappointing but it just don't deserve most of its praise.

Not really a disappointment but I don't like to see how the development of Phantom Brigade turned out right now. In late August its studio, Tetragon Works was bought and merged with Brace Yourself Games(Crypt of the NecroDancer) after hanged in limbo for more than a year. At first glance the merging looks good as the project got more resources and manpower but I'm afraid that the developers could remove most of its strategy elements which have been removed in order to cater much bigger crowd.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sonyfan03: Who's alt are you?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RSM-HQ
@blackhairedhero said:

I see a lot of people are just naming bad games. When I think disappointing I think of a game that I had sky high expectations for that just weren't met but it wasn't necessarily a bad game.

Speak for yourself. I was very, very disappointed with the likes of Little Big Planet 3.