More shooters need to have auto-aiming like GTA and Dark Cloud 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brisk_frisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brisk_frisk
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
For Dark Cloud 2, you just press R1 and Max immediately homes in his gun to shoot a monster. Instant kill without sore thumbs moving the analog stick around. In the GTA series, the target curser crossfire thing automatically moves from one enemy to the next while you shoot them down. How come all shooters don't do this like Fallout 3, Uncharted, Infamous, Bioshock, etc etc. Does Red Dead Redemption have auto-aiming like the rest of the GTA series as well? This might not be as big of a problem with motion controls but I think I'd still like auto-aiming in these games. AT least, the OPTION to have them for those that do want them, so as not to detract from the experience for the rest of gamers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
It would take all the fun and immersion out of all the shooting. Multiplayer experiences would be horribly broken and unbalanced, if not dull. Hell, I'm starting to think I was the one of the less than 10 people in GTA IV online that actually used manual aiming. Learning how to move the right analog stick isn't that difficult and if you are absolutely atrocious at aiming, then that's just part of the game. RDR does have an auto-aim feature, but thank god it is off by default.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Ummmm, No!. Games already have so much stuff added to them to aid the gamer, he (or she) does not really even need to think any more. Where is an enemy? Look at the radar. What is the next objective? SCC has it in big letters on a wall somewhere (yes, I know that they supposedly can be turned off). Doh! Where is the fire coming from, a section of the screen turns red.:roll:

Having auto aim in games will just ensure that games are not fun any more. I would love to see games remove some of the "features" that make gaming so damned easy.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#4 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
No
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

auto-aim is terrible. The option should be there i guess but not for online games. RDR and GTA4 suffered from auto-aiming. It requires no skill to use, it ruins any possible depth or immersion the game could have had.

AraiDaiichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AraiDaiichi
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts
MP games should not have auto-aim at all.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

auto-aim = quit sucking at the game.....auto aim allows people to be horrible...i think it was the worst thing that ever happened to shooters....its why good pc shooters are falling out of popularity....cause consoles w/ auto aim are allowing people to suck....no game with auto aim is competitive....it might as well be a rail shooter

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

If you prefer letting the game do all the hard work and baby you while you suck your "sore thumb", then sure, why not?

HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
bioshock doesn't have auto aim but it does have aim assist. similar to COD
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

CrackDown 2 has auto-aiming and it comes in handy when you are jumping across buildings.

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
hell no games have become easier since this gen started, whether that is down to changes is game design to cater for less able (casual) gamers therefore making them more appealing to your average customer or another reason i dont care about. i want complex hard games that challenge me to complete them, i dont need my hand geld for the duration of a games main campaign. frakin auto aim winds me up, what is the point in playing an FPS/3rd person shooter if your gonna have the game do 50% of the work for you.
Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

what is the point in playing an FPS/3rd person shooter if your gonna have the game do 50% of the work for you. AGMing

This. Getting a challenge is part of the fun. Then again, there are those that doesn't care, and just want to rush through games as quickly as possible, nice and easy.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

Dark Cloud 2 is an RPG and GTA also is not really what you consider a shooter. There it's fine.

But in general aiming is the core of a shooter. Auto-aim or even aiming assistance kill the fun of shooting games.

Andreas2402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Andreas2402
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

Auto aim should be forbidden. It's lame just pressing a button without aiming if much of the game consists of shooting like in GTA. If you want to just press a button and nothing else, why not have everything removed from the game except for cutcenes? Because thats pretty much the same.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I disagree. Such game would have horrible multiplayer.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44690 Posts
GTA's auto-aim annoys the piss out of me, Bad Company 2 and MW2's auto aim isn't too bad, though I just prefer they don't have auto-aim for multiplayer games
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

For Dark Cloud 2, you just press R1 and Max immediately homes in his gun to shoot a monster. Instant kill without sore thumbs moving the analog stick around. In the GTA series, the target curser crossfire thing automatically moves from one enemy to the next while you shoot them down. How come all shooters don't do this like Fallout 3, Uncharted, Infamous, Bioshock, etc etc. Does Red Dead Redemption have auto-aiming like the rest of the GTA series as well? This might not be as big of a problem with motion controls but I think I'd still like auto-aiming in these games. AT least, the OPTION to have them for those that do want them, so as not to detract from the experience for the rest of gamers. brisk_frisk

So why not a watch a movie instead, where you don't have to interact? Or get a mouse!

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I hope they keep auto aim out of most games unless if it's really necessary. To me it just ruins the games.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

naw. that wouldnt be to fun. u just press auto aim and bam. it would be super cheap on online games because you can keep ur finger on the auto aim button and it will automaticallyaim at a person. even if you cant see them

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I did not mind Crackdown 2 auto aim when I am jumping between building.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Auto aim in game = no skill.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
[QUOTE="bulletsword"]It would take all the fun and immersion out of all the shooting. Multiplayer experiences would be horribly broken and unbalanced, if not dull. Hell, I'm starting to think I was the one of the less than 10 people in GTA IV online that actually used manual aiming. Learning how to move the right analog stick isn't that difficult and if you are absolutely atrocious at aiming, then that's just part of the game. RDR does have an auto-aim feature, but thank god it is off by default.

That was stupidest thing about GTA 4. I wonder who decided to put Auto-aim in the multiplayer on by default. It's annoying enough when you get spawn killed in games; having it so you don't even get a chance to run makes it even worse.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
auto-aim is not a good thing.
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

I hate auto-aim with a passion; it completely ruins multiplayer and is detrimental to most single player experiences as well and that goes for aim-assist as well.

Whats so complicated about moving a stick around?

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

It's good in some games, terrible in others.

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
[QUOTE="brisk_frisk"]For Dark Cloud 2, you just press R1 and Max immediately homes in his gun to shoot a monster. Instant kill without sore thumbs moving the analog stick around. In the GTA series, the target curser crossfire thing automatically moves from one enemy to the next while you shoot them down. How come all shooters don't do this like Fallout 3, Uncharted, Infamous, Bioshock, etc etc. Does Red Dead Redemption have auto-aiming like the rest of the GTA series as well? This might not be as big of a problem with motion controls but I think I'd still like auto-aiming in these games. AT least, the OPTION to have them for those that do want them, so as not to detract from the experience for the rest of gamers.

where is the fun is auto aim ? you don't need skills to finish a game with auto aim. and yeah red dead have auto aim like th rest of GTA games
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#27 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

[QUOTE="AGMing"]what is the point in playing an FPS/3rd person shooter if your gonna have the game do 50% of the work for you. Kaim91

This. Getting a challenge is part of the fun. Then again, there are those that doesn't care, and just want to rush through games as quickly as possible, nice and easy.

Again this. Dark Cloud 2 was at least an RPG so I can live with that but no 3rd person/first person shooter should have it, especially if it has online....