Monster Hunter World X Witcher 3 collab is amazing!

#1 Posted by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

*Image is my gameplay of the game. All from very early scenes from the event

Got to say I am very impressed with this collab, it is very high quality. They even got full VA, even the VA for geralt in this collab which is really amazing for a game 1 year old now. Brought the music, bossfight from the witcher world, even some witcher gameplay mechanics for the collab! That is so cool! Sadly my first time in this event is around 43minutes, clearly rusty. Haven't really played MHW since last carrying randoms in extreme behemoth and the good old days of sub 8mins arch tempered lunastra!

One thing though, got to give prop to Capcom. Capcom took the risk with MHW, ditching exclusivity, moving to current gen consoles/pc and it pays off handsomely. Great job! Cant wait for iceborne.

#2 Edited by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -

Wrote this using my mobile phone so hope it turned well. This swipe keyboard appathat I uses is probably glitchy, it sometimes mistype of just create typo by itself. Didnt Didnt read

Edit: wow better change back to google keyboard

#3 Edited by RSM-HQ (8111 posts) -

I think for The Witcher fans it's a nice nod towards the franchise. So really exactly what I expected. The voice work was more than expected, and if nothing was an interesting twist. Amazing however? Not at all. This is in which my positives cease_

As a Monster Hunter fan found it underwhelming, single player only, half the quest involves talking (or more if you do all the side quests). The fire magic also sometimes doesn't even work correctly, because it only works flawlessly on flat surfaces, fired it three times without setting Leshen or his roots on fire. So it's pretty inconsistent.

It's also just a very easy quest, though clearly designed for casual fans of the new game. Leshens reads are predictable and heavily scripted, which I suppose is faithful to TW3. Which again I predicted, long time fans are excited for Iceborne, this was for returning players who bought it on zeitgeist mentality, who also love The Witcher series. And for them, awesome.

So in conclusion the Final Fantasy crossover was better for people who actually play MH. Has replayability, challenge, and most important, multiplayer

Sadly my first time in this event is around 43minutes, clearly rusty. Haven't really played MHW since last carrying randoms in extreme behemoth and the good old days of sub 8mins arch tempered lunastra!

Old days? It dropped in October lol.

Overall bold claims, which I hate doing but going to have to call out on. Which I haven't done since someone claimed to best Arch Temp Kirin in 20 seconds (also physically impossible)_

Seems like exaggerated bragging rights and nothing more. No reason for it. And not because your record for the Arch Lunastra, Hunters have bested her in under three minutes, so not out of bounds. However your Extreme Behemoth claim, and then struggle with an easy collaboration quest makes zero sense.

Considering I've fought all those high level creatures a bunch. No one Hunter carries for a Extreme, ever! The quest isn't designed to work that way. Carrying for Kulve Taroth is possible, but for Extreme Behemoth it's every Hunter for themselves, and considering phrase 3 every Hunter has to contribute or it's instant death for anyone who can't pull off the jump.

The Witcher quest took 25 minutes, and was hardily in a hurry. If you struggled after few months away (let's assume you only faced Arch Lunastra on its release day) then it doesn't add up.

#4 Posted by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: uses S&S which I am super terrible at and yes, played tons of games since then. Got used to R1R2 or L equivalent as attacks like in GoW DK3, DK remastered and button mashers like Tales of Vesperia (mash x till it die) it felt extremely weird to use triangle & circle for combo attacks. Forgotten all the S&S combos too. Oh well my main reason for not playing MHW much in the first place was me avoiding the game. try not to play until iceborne to capture that feeling when I first played World, just how free it is compared to old MH.

Didnt try to use my usual stuff like CB, HBG or LS for witcher 3 thematic reasons of course.

#5 Edited by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: also, you be surprised at these randos they actually pretty good. I helped around 10 groups pass extreme behemoth and more with my friends.. All provided they didn't die at least at stage 2.

Oh its either I am a healer or tanker. Only dps with randos if they got their own tank and someone comes with mushroomer skill.

#6 Edited by RSM-HQ (8111 posts) -

@sakaixx: When someone claims carrying randoms it's usually being the only one doing the heavy work, but reads like they actually contributed well themselves. So now that it's explained, seems believable. Just came across as odd coming from someone who faces Extreme all the time, it's really fun especially with a coordinated team.

Overall can't help it, something just seemed odd about your OP, and I've read some not so believable claim in Monster Hunter in recent years, I think we got too many of the Git Gud DkS crowd crawling over making wild claims in the MH community

Not a S&S main either DB and LS for life! I certainly swapped out for Twin Blades, danced around that sucker lol. I don't like the quest enough to continue with LS_

I don't know if you let free the Pukei-Pukei in the Witcher quest? but serves as a good distraction, and made each run I had much quicker. Only just found out recently that it's optional. So close to the main objective thought it was all part the main process.

If you have enough lifepowder to keep Pukei-Pukei alive you also get an Attack Gem guaranteed every time.

#7 Edited by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: well its more like I did the coordination in extreme behemoth. Join a SOS or a Room and I lead them on how to beat it, 100% carry is quite hard to near impossible due to randomness of team, I have done SOS and beat extreme but it really downs to each player skill. My first extreme behemoth win was me joining SOS with randos actually.

Thanks! Got it, got 3 now using the LS, put igni and lifepowder in redial, very helpful. The hardest part was actually trying to ensure the Jagras didnt gang up on the Pukei Pukei. I never did free the Pukei Pukei, my first time I completely skipped the side mission because I was only looking for the fight so its a cool sidequest. I think I will stop doing this event and mhw. I really wants to avoid the fatigue leading up to iceborne and go in as fresh as I can. I probably comeback for Arch Nergigante

#8 Edited by RSM-HQ (8111 posts) -

@sakaixx: Also done SOS Extreme Behemoths, it's mostly luck for whom you're paired with like all random matchmaking. Nothing against helping people in SOS, sometimes it's just the easier way to multiplayer when friends are not online. But just because someone flairs for an SOS doesn't make them baggage, especially in a quest you can't be because of the repercussions.

Though irronically the SOS trophy was the last one I got, mostly as a joke haha.

Thanks! Got it, got 3 now using the LS, put igni and lifepowder in redial, very helpful. The hardest part was actually trying to ensure the Jagras didnt gang up on the Pukei Pukei.

Considering flash pods are useless against the Leshen after one usage, just flash the Jagras swarm and watch Pukei-Pukei tear them a new one. They usually spawn far from Pukei-Pukei so it's easy to blind them and not your ally. Dealing with smaller monster is always a time killer so having Pukei-Pukei around is useful.

I think I will stop doing this event and mhw. I really wants to avoid the fatigue leading up to iceborne and go in as fresh as I can. I probably comeback for Arch Nergigante

Wouldn't get your hopes up for Nergigante, he's the glass canon of all the Elders, the Arch set will be nice for us Hoarders though.

As for Iceborne I'm pretty excited, but I'm still going to play base game. MH has for the longest time been a bonding game for many of my friends, we only really move on when a new games out. Unless it's the X series, then we went back to 4G haha.

All the same sorry for accusing your fine feats of Hunting. It was nice for you to give context on the misunderstanding.