[Mods, Please Lock or Delete.]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

No more free advertising for these fraudsters.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phantom_Leo

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

I can't get behind it.

First, I can't get past the publicity stunt vibe going on with the whole thing.

Second, I'm not sure what this really solves. What is the point of it and what will it change? It seems to only serve as validation of that which has been said negatively about video games.

If the sentiment is genuine then going about it this way won't bring about the results they are truly trying to achieve, which is to send the message that the video gaming community recognizes the tragedy that took place and gives its heartfelt condoloences, I presume.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I don't think violent games are the cause of these mass shootings, so I don't think gamers would be doing themselves any favors by acting guilty.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Think I'll play some COD now.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts
I don't think violent games are the cause of these mass shootings, so I don't think gamers would be doing themselves any favors by acting guilty.rragnaar
Nailed it.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

I'm on Demons Souls, but no ceasefire of arrows or spells.

Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
I'll play along.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I think it is a show of respect for the people and children of Sandy Hook.

Phantom_Leo

From what I've seen on various gaming boards, gamers couldn't possibly care less about the victims - 99% of them are only interested in using the tragedy as fuel for their gun control arguments. Same with that girl who made the Youtube video and then committed suicide - I was absolutely appalled that gamers not only didn't care - but half of them were calling her an idiot and saying she deserved to die.

As far as this cease fire thing, you won't see even a .001% decline in the number of people online. That's how much these online shooter fans care.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

If the shootings were directly related to games, then yes, I would. However, because of the factless rage that always occurs after shootings like this, I will not participate.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
As far as this cease fire thing, you won't see even a .001% decline in the number of people online. That's how much these online shooter fans care.Jackc8
But why should they give up their hobby for a day when it isn't going to do anything at all. Plus I'm sure the vast majority of people havn't even heard of this "cease-fire". I know I havn't. Even those who have heard of this and are going to play shooters anyway doesn't mean they don't care about the victims or anything.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts
I don't really know to be honest. It's a nice show of respect but I think it would be better spent to put the effort into trying to solve the real issues at hand instead. I certainly have no problem playing one of my many other games for a mere day but I really don't see any tangible benefit this will have. I guess just the respect is good enough too because movies will hold off on a premiere occasionally out of respect for something as well. I guess I'll just play something else today.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="Phantom_Leo"]

I think it is a show of respect for the people and children of Sandy Hook.

Jackc8

From what I've seen on various gaming boards, gamers couldn't possibly care less about the victims - 99% of them are only interested in using the tragedy as fuel for their gun control arguments. Same with that girl who made the Youtube video and then committed suicide - I was absolutely appalled that gamers not only didn't care - but half of them were calling her an idiot and saying she deserved to die.

As far as this cease fire thing, you won't see even a .001% decline in the number of people online. That's how much these online shooter fans care.

You're right. Not everybody cares about every random "cause" somebody around the world comes up with. As for myself, I don't really see the point, but they can do whatever they want. Free speech and all that. Same as violent media really.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
No, while it would be respectful it would also seem as if you're accepting guilt which frankly there's no reason to. I'd much rather support a moment of silence in respect for the victims.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phantom_Leo

OMG. I cannot believe I wasted my time even considering this "cause" or concerning myself with it.

Watch this video of the "CEO" of this website trying to promote his "cause."

How can you stand for something you can't even form a coherent sentence about? Totally JUST exploitation of kids being killed to promote a no-name website.

Makes me sick.

/Topic.