Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Here are the details so far

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

The only Lord of the Rings worth playing have been the RTS Battle for Middle-Earth titles. Damnit Monolith can't you just make No One Lives Forever 3, TRON 3.0, or a Shogo or Blood sequel.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts

More epic lore butchering coupled with what will undoubtedly be mediocre gameplay. Seriously is this the best WB can do with the Tolkien license?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@barrybarryk: I happen to think Conquest was one of the best vs multiplayer games of the generation. And War in the North was one of the best ARPGs I've played since Champions of Norrath.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
@barrybarryk said:

The only Lord of the Rings worth playing have been the RTS Battle for Middle-Earth titles. Damnit Monolith can't you just make No One Lives Forever 3, TRON 3.0, or a Shogo or Blood sequel.

It baffles me how Warner is holding them back with these boring games based on movies. I don't want to play a Matrix, Batman or Lord of the Rings game from Monolith. I want to play a new IP of theirs, and preferably one with colours.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Looks like a can of betrayal & shit soup. Resurrect the dead? Sure, why not, the other LotR games haven't buttfucked the canon nearly enough, right? Let's go for the betrayal slam dunk.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7  Edited By IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

It sounds like this will be a single player game, considering it has a defined singular protagonist. If that's the case, I'll keep my eye on it. Monolith used to make excellent single player experiences and this could be great.

It could also fail miserably. We'll see.

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

@ReddestSkies: Right there with you, Monolith used to be one of the best FPS developers around, and they even used to be able to manage to make them colourful and funny. Hopefully when this bombs WB will just let them do their own thing

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

@barrybarryk said:

@ReddestSkies: Right there with you, Monolith used to be one of the best FPS developers around, and they even used to be able to manage to make them colourful and funny. Hopefully when this bombs WB will just let them do their own thing

Let's not kid ourselves. When this thing bombs, WB will blame it on Monolith and give them even less freedom (or maybe even disband the studio).

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Geez people. Everyone is so critical and pessimistic. "The game is separate from the LOTR cannon." Did anyone hear that? This is why games bomb. Negative exposure generated from nothing but conformist opinions.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#12  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Still waiting for a open world lord of the rings game......

Sh!t even a good linear lord of the rings game that doesn't a game breaking glitch (seriously p!ssed about that)