They say they were legally obligated to do so, but it seems they went above and beyond the call of duty and enabled VIDEO recording of Skype calls, decrypted encrypted Outlook chat logs and gave easier access to Skydrive. I suppose Obama and the government is to be blamed for this 1984 styIe government spying, but it's sickening to see Microsoft tout 'Your Privacy is our Priority' and then feed all our private calls to the government. I knew someone was watching my skype calls, after all these are the same f*ckers who spied on Military couples having Cyber and passed those videos around in the office. What a bunch of dicks we have put in power.
Microsoft is now going to put a camera in every living room. 1984 is here and MS is the piece of shit company enabling it. It's f*cking sickening.
The documents show that:
- Microsoft helped the NSA to circumvent its encryption to address concerns that the agency would be unable to intercept web chats on the new Outlook.com portal;
- The agency already had pre-encryption stage access to email on Outlook.com, including Hotmail;
- The company worked with the FBI this year to allow the NSA easier access via Prism to its cloud storage service SkyDrive, which now has more than 250 million users worldwide;
- Microsoft also worked with the FBI's Data Intercept Unit to "understand" potential issues with a feature in Outlook.com that allows users to create email aliases;
- Skype, which was bought by Microsoft in October 2011, worked with intelligence agencies last year to allow Prism to collect video of conversations as well as audio;
- Material collected through Prism is routinely shared with the FBI and CIA, with one NSA document describing the program as a "team sport".
Full article here: