MGSV The Phantom Pain FOB Missions - Worst Idea Ever Implemented For Those Who Prefer to Be Solo and OFFLINE

Avatar image for deactivated-602845a0d9591
deactivated-602845a0d9591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-602845a0d9591
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

I Sent a Nastygram email about Konami forcing gamers to go online rather than that being optional for MGSV FOB Missions....I prefer the solo mission(s) and the story, not online gaming!

Konami's MGSV The Phantom Pain FOB online gaming is complete bullsh*. I don't play Metal Gear/FOB online a whole lot and never again as I have wasted numerous hours building up my FOB only to be infiltrated while offline because Numbnuts at Konami keep our FOB ONLINE! Does that make sense at all???!!!! Infiltrated by players I don't know nor wish to know! THIS FOB BULLSH* SHOULD BE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL FOR PLAYERS who DO NOT want to participate in ONLINE FOB missions. The game design literally forced me to. You can not force gaming consumers to log into Konami's damn network. I could care less about online gaming for Metal Gear. Metal Gear has always been about SOLO Missions and the story.

Konami should make a patch that allows players and fans and now pissed off fans to 'opt out' of FOB Missions. There are other games I wish to play via Playstation and this game keeps pissing me off because I have to keep rebuilding my Combat and Security Teams because this game's FOB bullsh* steals my staff while I'm offline. Offline means offline!!!! Why the F would I want my FOB to be online if I want to be Offline PERIOD!!!! And if Hideo Kojima is behind this FOB frustration then I'm glad this is his last and my last purchase of a Metal Gear Solid game.

My way of opting out of FOB:

• iDroid
  • Security Settings
  • Command Platform
  • BASIC SETTINGS
  • Select Preparedness Level: 0GMP
  • Select 'Apply to all platforms on all FOBs'
  • ADVANCED SETTINGS
  • All Decks
  • Ensure Guard Settings Guard Rank is at E (not highlighted)
  • Ensure everything on the right is grayed out
  • Ensure Defense Level is at Lv.1
  • Select 'Apply to all platforms on all FOBs'
  • Disconnect the MGSV The Phantom Pain from the menu
  • Don't go online ever!
Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

The forced online components, Micro transactions, gutted story, and the unfinished multiplayer competitive modes had me hating the game after the first chapter. Couldn't even bring myself to play through the whole of chapter 2. Worst metal gear to date in terms of a quality finished product. Junk from a junk company, so happy the mind behind the series now has his own studio and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

From what I understand, you're only forced when it come to being able to develop higher grade stuff, which I am assuming is the higher grade weapons in the ongoing updates. I really would not know.

I have no internet so I am not bothered by it at all. The oy thing I hate I'd how FOBs seemed to be the only source of infiltrating complicated well designed bases.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I playing MGS 5 pp only solo

shadow_cse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow_cse
Member since 2003 • 61 Posts

What? You know if you never build any FOB stuff you don't have to do anything with it right?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@shadow_cse: Except certain endings and other solo player experiences are held behind having to make them.