Metroid vs Halo: Who's gonna get my Gamer Points?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redrabbit65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redrabbit65
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

Got a couple of certificates from BB for my gamer points, gonna shave $15 off the next game purchase (pretty decent deal that Club, I'd look into it). Metroid Other M comes out the end of August, Halo: Reach like 2 weeks later. Both titles are sure to be fun, I know the hardcore types will say I'm stoopid for even questioning the almighty Halo, but I only recently purchased Halo: ODST (though that's short and I'll finish it in a few hours) and it's been a while since a Metroid and as a true multi-spectrum gamer I can see many sides of this issue. I would appreciate any meandering thoughts on the matter from the more well-rounded crowd, 12 year old trash-talking weened on Cortana x-box live d bags need not apply.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
This should be in recommendation sticky, next time. But I would go with Other M, looks more original and fun to me. Though being that both games look good it should probably be you that decides what game to get.
GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

im not a metroid or halo fan,but id say halo

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#4 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

It's tough to say seeing as both games have yet to come out, and it's really comparing apples to pears. If the previous installations of the respective franchises are anything to go by, I'd say get Metroid fora deep, intelligent, challenging single player experience, and get Halo if you're looking for a straightforward, arcadey multiplayer game with lots of options.

But if you're considering Metroid Prime Trilogy, get that. One of the single best game releases this gen.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

It's tough to say seeing as both games have yet to come out, and it's really comparing apples to pears. If the previous installations of the respective franchises are anything to go by, I'd say get Metroid fora deep, intelligent, challenging single player experience, and get Halo if you're looking for a straightforward, arcadey multiplayer game with lots of options.

But if you're considering Metroid Prime Trilogy, get that. One of the single best game releases this gen.

DraugenCP
I don't think a collection can be considered a single game. But yes, if you haven't get the trilogy. It's awesome.
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

:lol: Obvious answer is Halo Reach. Just rent other M, honestly it doesn't look that good, coming from a Metroid fan.

Reach will have much more replay value.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#7 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

[QUOTE="DraugenCP"]

paradigm68

I don't think a collection can be considered a single game. But yes, if you haven't get the trilogy. It's awesome.

I never said that.I meant 'game release' as in release within the video game spectrum, meaning that I consider it one of the most awesome gaming experiences money can buy.

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

If Other M turns out well, go with that.
Halo just looks like... Halo to me :?

amidreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 amidreaming
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

It really depends on what type of game your into. If you're into raw action and very little confusion, I'd say Halo. If you're more the hands-on thinking type of guy, Metroid should deliver what you need. Metroid is about 60% puzzle solving and the rest is fighting. If you've played any of the other halo games, You know that Halo is more about hands-on combat tactics. I enjoy both the Metroid and Halo series, it'd be a hard choice for me.