Megaman x Street Fighter released today for free.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

Here's a direct link for download. Simply copy and paste it into your search bar and your download should begin shortly! static.capcom.com/sfxmm/SFxMM_US.zip

Don't trust the link? No problems! Head on over to Capcom-Unity.com to look for a download link yourself. But due note that due to massive traffic on the website for many others wanting the same game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still down. I post this at 7:07 AM Alaskan time. Website still having issues AFAIK.

But yep, this is just a reminder to all who haven't heard or haven't downloaded it yet themselves (shame on you) that the free game Megaman x Street Fighter released today! For a simple free download, experience a brand new 8 Bit adventure with the Blue Bomber as you take on the cast of Street Fighter!

#2 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

Here's a direct link for download. Simply copy and paste it into your search bar and your download should begin shortly! static.capcom.com/sfxmm/SFxMM_US.zip

Don't trust the link? No problems! Head on over to Capcom-Unity.com to look for a download link yourself. But due note that due to massive traffic on the website for many others wanting the same game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still down. I post this at 7:07 AM Alaskan time. Website still having issues AFAIK.

But yep, this is just a reminder to all who haven't heard or haven't downloaded it yet themselves (shame on you) that the free game Megaman x Street Fighter released today! For a simple free download, experience a brand new 8 Bit adventure with the Blue Bomber as you take on the cast of Street Fighter!

MLBknights58
a sign that megaman fans have truly given up.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
#3 Posted by deactivated-594be627b82ba (8405 posts) -

I find the game to be average at best, it's not bad , not great either. I'm at the second stage after you beat all 8 fighters and I don't think I'll bother to finish the game. BTW you can't save and there is no password

#4 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34374 posts) -
I downloaded it sometime ago and I think it's pretty good.
#5 Posted by XereoWarrior (135 posts) -
This is awesome but I'll be waiting for it to show up on the Playstation Network.
#6 Posted by SciFiCat (1750 posts) -
Played it a bit, beat Chun-Li only to discover there is no save feature and no password to speak off so what's the point?
#7 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24616 posts) -
megaman music is always 2 gud
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#8 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9100 posts) -
The keyboard controls are ass, glad I have xpadder and a game pad. I haven't played it much yet so no real impressions.
#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34374 posts) -
The keyboard controls are ass, glad I have xpadder and a game pad. I haven't played it much yet so no real impressions.Eikichi-Onizuka
Keyboard and platformers make a horrible couple really.
#10 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]The keyboard controls are ass, glad I have xpadder and a game pad. I haven't played it much yet so no real impressions.nintendoboy16

jazz jackrabbit.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#11 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9100 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]The keyboard controls are ass, glad I have xpadder and a game pad. I haven't played it much yet so no real impressions.nintendoboy16

They can be fine with 2D platformers, but not the way they're set up for this game.
#12 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -
Thanks for the reminder. Coming down now, just verrrrry sloooowly.
#13 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

Still trying to download it.

#14 Posted by Saladin__7 (116 posts) -
I'll play it.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
#15 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

It supports a controller without any need for additional software. I used a Logitech Pro-Pad and it worked fine without even having to set to controller in the options.

I'm also not getting any download problems like other people. Mine downloaded in under a minute without any issues.

The game is great! It has all the 8-bit charm you'd expect. But it's tough-as-nails. This one is gonna require some level memorization.

The only thing I hate is that in the boss-battles, after so many hits, the boss gets this super-attack. It's almost as if you're getting penalized for attacking the boss, which you have to do to beat the level. And it's not like your Mega-Buster gets a super-attack or anything.

#16 Posted by Quackit135 (25 posts) -
It's not going to be on consoles.
#17 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
This is awesome but I'll be waiting for it to show up on the Playstation Network. XereoWarrior
You'll be waiting a long time, possibly for the rest of your life. There were certification problems in getting the game on consoles, and they wouldn't be able to release it for free on anything but PC.
#18 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34374 posts) -

The game is great! It has all the 8-bit charm you'd expect. But it's tough-as-nails. This one is gonna require some level memorization.

The only thing I hate is that in the boss-battles, after so many hits, the boss gets this super-attack. It's almost as if you're getting penalized for attacking the boss, which you have to do to beat the level. And it's not like your Mega-Buster gets a super-attack or anything.

Emerald_Warrior

I think that is due to sticking to the fighting game spirit, because when you hit you foes in most of them, their super or power meters build up. Personally, I like it for the sake of the Street Fighter characters.

#19 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

So far it's alright, but you can really tell that it's a fan made game.

#20 Posted by XereoWarrior (135 posts) -
[QUOTE="XereoWarrior"]This is awesome but I'll be waiting for it to show up on the Playstation Network. MAILER_DAEMON
You'll be waiting a long time, possibly for the rest of your life. There were certification problems in getting the game on consoles, and they wouldn't be able to release it for free on anything but PC.

I would have gladly payed $10 (the same price as Megaman 9 & 10 were) for this game if they had released it on consoles.