Me and my friend were having a debate...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts

He honestly thinks that Metroid Prime (the first one) looks better than Zelda: TP. He says it looks "smoother" and has better textures.

I, on the other hand, think that Zelda looks much better. Sure, Metroid Prime was a fantastic looking game for it's time, but compared to a 2006 game, it doesn't hold up. So, I ask you, Which game do you think looks better and why?

OR

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

I am the friend and that picture does not give Metroid Prime it's credit.

Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solid_Snake1221

I am the friend and that picture does not give Metroid Prime it's credit.

Sir-Marwin105

You can't honestly think the whole game looks that good.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#4 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
I own Prime, but never played either version of TP. But based on that picture alone, I'd say Metroid Prime looks better on pure graphics alone. In fact I never cared for the gameplay, but MP always had phenomenal graphics.
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solid_Snake1221

I own Prime, but never played either version of TP. But based on that picture alone, I'd say Metroid Prime looks better on pure graphics alone. In fact I never cared for the gameplay, but MP always had phenomenal graphics.SemiMaster

Maybe on pure graphics alone, MP has the slight edge, but when effects and everything else is shown, TP looks much better.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#6 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]I own Prime, but never played either version of TP. But based on that picture alone, I'd say Metroid Prime looks better on pure graphics alone. In fact I never cared for the gameplay, but MP always had phenomenal graphics.Solid_Snake1221

Maybe on pure graphics alone, MP has the slight edge, but when effects and everything else is shown, TP looks much better.

I guess, but Prime had some pretty spiffy effects as well. Particularly with the weapons. Morph ball bombs, not so much I admit.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I will say that TP beats MP in the water. The water looks so good in TP. But the whole bloom glow thing made it look fugly.
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solid_Snake1221
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake1221"]

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]I own Prime, but never played either version of TP. But based on that picture alone, I'd say Metroid Prime looks better on pure graphics alone. In fact I never cared for the gameplay, but MP always had phenomenal graphics.SemiMaster

I guess, but Prime had some pretty spiffy effects as well. Particularly with the weapons. Morph ball bombs, not so much I admit.

The water on the screen, and the smoke from the gun looks pretty awesome, especially when considering the game is pretty old.