maybe there is a reason why FF is to stay exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

account_killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 account_killa
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
For the record I own all three systems.  But maybe square feels they need to keep ffXIII exclusive not for loyalty reasons but for other reasons.  In all truth I started playing FF9 as my first ff game and was in awe.  These aren't games, these are epic stories.  I for one get involved and very intrested.   Maybe the only way they can keep this is to make the game the way they feel it needs to be made, On ps3.

And I hope that ff13 keeps me in awe, in fact im sure it will.  FF games always do.  But i know i am on the wrong forum when i say that maybe only the ps3 can do that.  There is a reason such storied franchises seem to be on ps3.  and maybe they care more about quality and not quantity.  Even though i am sure MGS4 or FF13 will move ps3.  I laugh when yahoo does a cover story on sure hit games like mario party8, GOD of War , and halo and would expect nothing less for those two games.

I know i will hear that the 360 looks better, and as of right now it does.  But the key word is now.  I know i will hear that the 360 can handle anything the ps3 can, but the funny thing is that kojima and square doent share your view.  I know i will hear that most people don't care about those two games , but i also know that over 1 million people at launch of those games wouldn't mind picking up those games.  you are right , they would make a killing by porting to 360, but i wonder why they won't.

This is just my opinion but i do know 1 FACT....... I regret buying my wii.:x
Hardcore_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Hardcore_81
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts

Well,I, for one,don't need any more crap on the 360 so... FFXIII, keep away.

Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts

Well,I, for one,don't need any more crap on the 360 so... FFXIII, keep away.

Hardcore_81

OUCH

Well I dont really care bout the system, if the game is good and I catch wind of that and read some great reviews I'll go pick the system and game up... like I did with RE4

PhoenixMDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PhoenixMDK
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts

What you're saying doesn't really make sense given that last generation they also strongly supported the PlayStation 2 when it was clearly inferior to the Xbox in terms of power. Its install base was vastly higher, of course. So if they were simply looking to develop the highest quality game by making full use of the most powerful console, they would have made it for the Xbox instead. They did not.

As for this generation it is purely speculative until we actually see one of these nebulous future-PS3 games that capitalises on all this extra power so we can see it do something the Xbox 360 cannot. Until then the system obviously will struggle to justify its inflated cost, and speculation isn't going to do it.