Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer - new epic soundtrack!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carlster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Carlster
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

Hi Guys!

Long term Mass Effect fan here who would like to share a video with you. This is a musical revision I made of the official E3 Mass Effect Andromeda trailer, closer to how I imagine the real soundtrack to be in the finished game, or rather how I probably would have scored it.

Enjoy and please tell me what you think about it.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

No words can accurately express how disappointed I am.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#3 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Not bad! Definitely captured the general feel of the score from past entries in the series, least from what I remember of it. Those opening notes especially felt like they'd have fit right in with the past games. The sudden intrusion of the chorus seemed a bit out of place, though. Think it might have been a bit too intense? For what little action we see in the trailer, it might have been better served with something a touch more restrained. But otherwise it fit the trailer nicely. Good work!

Really gotta get around to playing Mass Effect 3 before this is out. Would like to finish that trilogy off before the new one hits.

genkai79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By genkai79
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

So no gameplay?

Carlster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Carlster

@c_rakestraw: Thanks for your kind and constructive words. Well I decided to bring in the Choir and industrial/metal part as I wanted some kind of different/personal touch to it as well. Sure, one of the goals were to try and recreate the old Mass Effect analog synth vs symphony orchestra setting, but you always have to add something new, otherwise people will lose their interest pretty quickly and call you a copycat.

So, it's not really meant to be a 100% typical ME soundtrack, but something new and epic while still maintaining the good old vibes from the previous games. And yeah, maybe the action sequences got a little too boosted musically, but as there isn't much else in terms of action to go on so far in the few MEA-trailers currently out, I figured "what the hell, let it break loose".

Yes, good idea. I'm definitely going to have another go at the whole trilogy before Andromeda gets out myself. Sets you right in the mood for a sequel, or prequel (or whatever they intend to call it at Bioware).

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@c_rakestraw: I havn't finished ME3 my self even though i have been a fan of the series since day 1. Time to clean the dust of my 360 and finish ME3 before this game comes out.

Carlster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Carlster

Really? Then you'll have a lot to look forward to. I won't mention the ending that got the whole fan community raging back in 2012. But oops guess I just did! :D

Make sure to install the DLCs though, especially "Leviathan", "Citadel" and of course "Extended Cut".

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#8 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

@carlster: Understandable. Always gotta put your own spin on it, otherwise what's the point, right?

I think the track is perfectly fine on its own, actually, it's just the paring with the video that makes some elements stick out more. Video components always make me focus too much on the interaction between audio and visual rather than the track itself. Still, good stuff.

Carlster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Carlster

@c_rakestraw: Thumbs up! :)