Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

IGN - 7.7

Gamespot - 6

I know these aren't necessarily bad scores, just average. But people expect more from Mass Effect.

So know that you have seen to scores, you still buying?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@vespuche said:

i must admit i'm surprised at the poor reception of the game. i did expect it to get a fairly easy ride from the gaming press so the fact that it's not really says to me that the game must be pretty damn bad to warrant such a reaction. and every review video i've seen does very little to contradict that feeling.

most reviews suggest either implicitly or explicitly that it's an rpg with very little "r," packed with simplified fetch quests, a largely bland supporting cast, very few decisions that can affect the story path, an awful inventory system and technical problems galore... sounds about as appealing as turning up to a blind date to meet a middle aged woman with big sores on her lip and several kids in tow. doesn't even sound bargain bin worthy to me, i'll pass

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Not in 2017.

1. I've already decided ever since the game was revealed that I was going to wait till all the DLCs are out. This merely re-affirms that decision.
  2. Then Christmas 2016 arrived, and it turned out EA don't seem to know what the word "Sale" means. I got so angry at them I resolved to not give them a single penny for the whole of 2017.
  3. And of course, the reviews, which paints a picture of a deeply flawed and unfinished game. I'm going to wait and see how BioWare respond to this.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I didn't think a 6 was possible for MEA, don't matter though, I'm still getting it. I was watching a few friends broadcast it last night, I saw some of the technical issues, but it wasn't overwhelming. My personal score so far is 7.5....possible an 8.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Nah. I'll probably start Torment instead.

I'll wait a year or so on MEA and see where it is then. It would have taken some very impressive reviews for me to buy it anyway. DAI pretty much ruined any subsequent BioWare games for me. Still, I had a faint glimmer of hope MAE would be good. If anything, it reaffirms my belief that BioWare is incapable of making a good game and has been for a very long time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Not going to lie the review for Andromeda makes me sad. Still going to buy it though but I may be crying while playing it. Of course it is very possible that I love it as well but we'll see.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarcRecon

@Archangel3371 said:

I may be crying while playing it. Of course it is very possible that I love it as well but we'll see.

Same here!! lol

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@vespuche:

I guess I'll wait for a price drop? I THINK I know what went wrong. Maybe Bioware thought to make this game too casual like they did with Dragon Age Inquisition. I happened to like Inquisition but the basic ideas of game story arc and characters stopped me from playing it more than short bursts.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Nah. I'll probably start Torment instead.

I'll wait a year or so on MEA and see where it is then. It would have taken some very impressive reviews for me to buy it anyway. DAI pretty much ruined any subsequent BioWare games for me. Still, I had a faint glimmer of hope MAE would be good. If anything, it reaffirms my belief that BioWare is incapable of making a good game and has been for a very long time.

Yeah, screw this. I am very disappointed with Bioware, they cashed their last check, have coasted as far as they could off the Bioware legacy of old. KOTOR, Jade Empire, and the original ME can only get you so far.

I hope to see more great games from them, but...sad :(

I'll pick it up when it's discounted, but I really, really, really hope to see disappointing sales so they learn their lesson. There are a lot of good games out there, folks, you don't have to buy ME:A.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Only Bioware game I ever bought was Dragons Age: Inquisition, and I wasn't impressed.

With games like Nioh, last DkSIII DLC, and Automata floating around they'd have to pay me to waste my free-time playing Mass Effect 4.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Not going to lie the review for Andromeda makes me sad. Still going to buy it though but I may be crying while playing it. Of course it is very possible that I love it as well but we'll see.

Yeah same here... I'm still going to try it, but very disappointing to see the reviews. Maybe just don't think of it as a Mass Effect game...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

god dam it EA you just had to do 2 things.

1) dont fleece on the DLC (how bad is it?)
2) don't mess it up.

well thats off the list anyway. way too many games to be getting on with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I like Mass Effect too much to not buy it eventually. Like I did with the previous games I'll wait until all the DLC is out and the price has dropped. Only paid about £20 for the original trilogy and all its DLC.

WadeDMcGinnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 WadeDMcGinnis
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

From the trial I played, the game went from a buy to a rental. It's sad because it's not the animations or the bugs that allowed me to come to that conclusion. It's the writing, the motivation, the side characters, the lack of control over side characters etc.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The game may have flaws as the reviews indicate but Mass Effect is one of my favorite franchises so I'm still buying it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

The game seems to be getting a lot of hate. But hell, if it's similar to the previous Mass Effect games then I'm in. I can usually look past animation bugs and I already got it on PC and Mass Effect games happens to be my favorite sci-fi since and I like the lure in Mass Effect then Star Wars.

For those who are gonna get the PC version, I can confirm that PC version works great and is well optimized, so get the PC if you can.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Well, DA:I had remove any faith I had in Bioware so I was not that caring about ME:A despite loving the first two games.

@Macutchi said:

most reviews suggest either implicitly or explicitly that it's an rpg with very little "r," packed with simplified fetch quests, a largely bland supporting cast, very few decisions that can affect the story path, an awful inventory system and technical problems galore... sounds about as appealing as turning up to a blind date to meet a middle aged woman with big sores on her lip and several kids in tow. doesn't even sound bargain bin worthy to me, i'll pass

There are two types of role playing in a RPG. The theater of the mind, and pageantry of the gears.

The theater of the mind is the story elements and the like.

The pageantry of the gears is the role playing game play. Sadly Bioware has given up on this. Just look at how horrible DA:I was. I have little faith in ME:A for that and since ME2 they taken this out. Which is a shame since this is what I love about RPG and with out this I can not call it a RPG.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@MarcRecon: to be fair it's only GameSpot that's have such a low score, others average around 7.5 to 8.0.

Gamespots strength is a decent forum, not the reviewers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I've looked at a lot of cutscenes, gameplay videos, etc. It just looks like it's an action game first, which is not my view of what Mass Effect is supposed to be. Looking at how the characters ineteract with each other is awful. Past the 2011 animations, the dialogue is painfully written, and delivered in such a phoned in passion. Does nobody in the Andromeda galaxy even raise their damn voices?!

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#21 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@Macutchi: Gamespot's making it sounds like the underlying game mechanics are fun, however. I may pick this up on the cheap at some point. We'll see...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MarcRecon

@thehig1 said:

@MarcRecon: to be fair it's only GameSpot that's have such a low score, others average around 7.5 to 8.0.

Gamespots strength is a decent forum, not the reviewers.

So I'm not crazy, thanks bro!!!lol

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

For a game this big, a 6 is a slaughter

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#24 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby said:

For a game this big, a 6 is a slaughter

Agreed. The first trilogy was one of the biggest, if not the biggest standout series last gen. But hey, when you rest on your laurels, and worry more about sexual diversity in your scifi game, rather than making characters who look, act and speak like actual human beings, there you go. And this is coming from someone who loved everything in the trilogy, so much as to not really care about the ending of 3, which made everyone load their diapers to the brim.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby: destiny also got a 6 from gs, however i have played the bejeezus out of it, i somehow sense you did the same... :)

if i remember correctly destiny had too much polish but the story was meh, this time around me:a has decent story (not stellar though as the name suggests, sorry, had to do it) but very little polish, i reckon i'll give it go, but i have to play some other game else than horizon before it since it will be a huger let down as it already is...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Is it really worse than No Man's Sky?

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SoAmazingBaby

@MondasM said:

@SoAmazingBaby: destiny also got a 6 from gs, however i have played the bejeezus out of it, i somehow sense you did the same... :)

if i remember correctly destiny had too much polish but the story was meh, this time around me:a has decent story (not stellar though as the name suggests, sorry, had to do it) but very little polish, i reckon i'll give it go, but i have to play some other game else than horizon before it since it will be a huger let down as it already is...

You sensed correctly sir ;) Did Destiny really recieve a 6?

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

As others have said, will get it at some point once some of the bugs are addressed and we have a better idea of what DLC is coming - try to add variety to some of the 'fetch quests' people have been referring to.

Avatar image for socialreclusejr
SocialRecluseJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SocialRecluseJr
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

@vespuche: Even after hearing all the smack about the game I was still stoked, I watch reviews but I do not really take them to heart unless it is a newer game that doesn't have any predecessors. I've played this game and yes I have noticed the bugs but in the end I still love the game and im having the time of my life playing it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

god no. Different reviewers and all that, this is not in same league of crap as NMS. I think that is more a case of NMS being overrated and ME:A being a bit underrated

I think if you are a Mass Effect fan this could be a 7.5-8 and a fairly enjoyable experience, maybe a 7 for newcomers.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@GarGx1 said:

god no. Different reviewers and all that, this is not in same league of crap as NMS. I think that is more a case of NMS being overrated and ME:A being a bit underrated

I think if you are a Mass Effect fan this could be a 7.5-8 and a fairly enjoyable experience, maybe a 7 for newcomers.

7 is a good game, maybe on the low side for a AAA with a ton of hype but good none the less. A quick patch for the animation glitches (not holding my breath though) could improve things a bit.

I got a decent deal on it but it doesn't unlock until later tonight so I guess I'll see for myself then.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@vespuche said:

IGN - 7.7

Gamespot - 6

I know these aren't necessarily bad scores, just average. But people expect more from Mass Effect.

Yes, i love the universe and i know that a lot of the score comes from the bugginess

So it´s been pre ordered.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MondasM

@SoAmazingBaby: it really did, i was shocked at first but the gameplay and expansions kept me coming back, i just wish the graphics were more fluid with a higher framerate... :)

anyhow, i am torn between mass effect and ghost recon as i need a new game to start... :)

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SoAmazingBaby
@MondasM said:

@SoAmazingBaby: it really did, i was shocked at first but the gameplay and expansions kept me coming back, i just wish the graphics were more fluid with a higher framerate... :)

anyhow, i am torn between mass effect and ghost recon as i need a new game to start... :)

Is the Rise of Iron dead? Havnt played in months.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MondasM

@SoAmazingBaby: me neither, i haven't bought the last dlc, and haven't played it for maybe over a year... :)