Mass Effect 3's Entire Plot Has Just Been Leaked - Confirmed by Bioware

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

So someone claims to have managed to datamine the entire script for ME3 and posted it on the Russian Bioware forums. I haven't read over much of it myself because I'm not going to read all of that, but according to people who have read it it matches up with all the information known about the game thus far and seems pretty plausible. Furthermore, this script is enormous, so if it is fake someone went through A LOT of time and effort writing a convincing fan fiction. If this is real then it's potentially the worst leak ever in gaming since the full beta version of HL2 was leaked to the internet.

For those who are curious and don't mind potentially spoiling the entire game for themselves, you can find the posted script here: http://www.bioware.ru/forum/topic/24100/. Click on the third spoiler and then click on the sub-spoilers to read the script.

So what do you guys think? Real or fake?

Also, apparently your choices in the past games don't matter in ME3 if this script is authentic. The writers came up with one plot line and then used a bunch of excuses to explain how a given decision you could have made didn't really change anything.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I guess someone datamined the leaked singelplayer beta? I'm not going to read that, because it will only harm my own experience of the game. I'll most likely stay away from all forums until the game is released aswell, with all the asshats around here trying to spoil the game for others :P

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
So what do you guys think? gameguy6700
The most I look at when following an upcoming release would be news articles, trailers, interviews, snapshots. If it's real, I won't be reading it.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

So what do you guys think?

gameguy6700

I think I'll be staying far away from that page.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Though I love spoiling things for myself, I just can't do it. However, if it is true that your decisions in the past don't mean that much, I can't say that I'd be surprised. I can see it more for side quests, but not for the main story.

KakashiMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 KakashiMorph
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
I will not read it myself because even though I like spoilers I don't want it to be completely ruined if it turns out to be real. However, Bioware has said that options from previous games will matter so I would be very surprised if they turned around now and told us that it was a lie.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Do we even need a plot leak for a conclusive chapter of any saga? - Good guys and bad guys fight - Bad guys seem to prevail - ...but in the end the good guys win - In Mass Effect's case Shepard will almost certainly die anyway, because he's basically jesus with guns
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I will not read it myself because even though I like spoilers I don't want it to be completely ruined if it turns out to be real. However, Bioware has said that options from previous games will matter so I would be very surprised if they turned around now and told us that it was a lie.KakashiMorph
Would be pretty sad indeed if it turns out that your choices don't have an effect, I still remember way back how Bioware boasted that this time around the consequences for your past decisions will be big.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19569 Posts

*Actually, just see my next post...*

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

God... damn... internet...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19569 Posts

Whoa, okay, found a link. It seems legit, although it's definitely not the entire script.

And Bioware pretty much confirmed that this is real: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8653661/1#8653661

"Hey Everyone!

We are still investigating, but it appears that some internal story files have been leaked. Even though the information in those files is out of date and doesnot reflect the final story experience, we urge fans not to read them if they want to experience the purest form of the story in Mass Effect 3.

-Jess"

*Edit* Okay, I've managed to edge around the big reveals...and I might not read any more. Tempting, but the exposition just doesn't seem right without Martin Sheen lisping 'Reapersh' at us. :P

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

It is not hard to guess a bioware story.

I guess the story is:

The reapers come and Shepard escape earth.
THe story pause as Shepard gather support.
The story continue with Shepard fighting the reapers in a end battle.

Olimar_the_Min

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Olimar_the_Min
Member since 2008 • 513 Posts
Alien erotica has been done to death, the rest of plot is so guessable that a million people above me has already regurgitated it. The guy wasting all his time to get a plot like this? He should have got Harry Potter books out before they were released, that way he at least did something mildly important.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I will wait and see for the full game.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I think I'll wait. Learning the plot before playing the game would be like learning the climax of a book before reading it.
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

The link that the TC gave us is now dead.

If you want to read the plot, just go here: http://pastebin.com/KYJNWGug

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
If Bioware hadn't reacted so strongly I would literally have thought the leaked plot was a bad trolling attempt. Not that surprising after ME2 but it's ridiculous how they went from one of the coolest stories in recent times in ME1 to this.