Mass Effect 3 Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbeers2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cbeers2513
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

Mass Effect 3 is an incredible conclusion to an already mesmerizing franchise. With the feeling of an inevitable demise looming overhead, as well as a true militaristic approach through war assets and political delegations, the third installment in this intergalactic saga conveys a surprising sense of despair and hopelessness. No matter how much you gain and how many allies join your ranks, the Reaper threat is always ten times stronger. Not all crew mates survive, and the ones that do pass on do so in ways that make us remember why we grew to care for them in the first place, just like the sacrifices of a real soldier. This dark and intense campaign is further enhanced by technically proficient gunfights and a sense of finality in character progression that a true conclusion should possess. Despite all this, there are many detractors that somewhat ruin Commander Shepard's final act. Some missions feel repetitive and lose the originality that made Mass Effect 2 such a memorable experience. In addition, the side mission system is beyond broken, not allowing the player to view his progress in a quest and potentially stranding him without a hint of direction. As for the ending, like so many others have universally proclaimed, let me down. I didn't feel as though my choices meant anything in the long run and the fact that Shepard has no chance of survival no matter how he acts is a shocking disappointment.

In the end, however, Mass Effect 3 is an amazing experience that sometimes loses itself in its grand scope and vast ambition. Although there are bugs and gameplay flaws, as well as design choices that sometimes ruin the sense of immersion that this universe has thrived on, Commander Shepard's grand finale is an engaging, thrilling, and emotional love letter to this incredible saga, making you truly feel the fate of the universe rests on your shoulders.

8.8/10

(Full review coming soon)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

You know you can actually write reviews on the game, you don't need to share it here mate. Just search for the game

cbeers2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cbeers2513

@The_Last_Ride: yea sorry kinda new here

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

Go here and write it :)

http://www.gamespot.com/mass-effect-3/summary/

cbeers2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbeers2513

@The_Last_Ride: Thank you! Two questions though:

First how do I delete this one? :P

Second, do you know how to insert pics into these reviews/blogs?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@cbeers2513 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Thank you! Two questions though:

First how do I delete this one? :P

Second, do you know how to insert pics into these reviews/blogs?

You can't, just don't post in this

do you see the img in the reply box? You either upload the image or find the link for it. It's in the top right, between video and link

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Sweet. I time traveled back to 2012! I need to take advantage.

Aliens Colonial Marines will be total crap! Cancel your pre-orders NOW! Save yourselfs while you can.

Avatar image for citadelschollar
citadelschollar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By citadelschollar
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

what if we made a game that involves the possible offspring of commander Shepard. the choices you make in the series determine what species you will play as in the game. who you picked for the final run determines what characters appear in the game. the options are immense, but there is still hope. the three species you can play as could be: a Quarien marine with a twist ending, an Asarii who can either become a doctor, a commando, or a matriarch. or a human who can become an alliance commander like his or her father, or a pirate out to cripple the alliance. and then there is the creepy default setting and the posibility of a project genisis, performed by cerberus before the events of mass effect three which explains the clone shepard that appears in the mass effect 3 citadel dlc. for those who played as fem shepard and had an affair with alenko in mass effect 1, 2, or three. the offspring cannot have been born, the only possible way she could have a child is if cerberus took the embryo or fetus out of her damadged body during project lazerus and began project genisis, the clones' story is told through the plot, because cerberus could morph the child genetically to look like the commander shepard, in essence cerberus is playing god from the start of the events in mass effect 2 with female shepard's child.

Lassiter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Lassiter88
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I just feel the need to say again that this game set the standard for me. Hard pressed to hope for anything that engrossed me as much as the Mass Effect series did.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Gonna lock this down; please post reviews as reviews, not threads.