Mass Effect 3 Ending Question ??? (No Spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tahir_Ahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Tahir_Ahmad
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Hello,

I have a question about Mass Effect 3, I haven't yet started my single player because I am confused really... I need to know the impact of importing your save games from ME1 to ME2 and then M3. We all know that like ME2 ME3 can have multiple endings. My only question is... are there some endings or consequences locked because I haven't imported my saved games ? Actually I lost my ME1 saves due to which I started ME2 with default start... now when I am trying to import my those ME2 saves in ME3 I can see that it is making some false assumptions about my decisions in first game so can I access all possible endings (if there are multiple) by starting ME3 with these options ? If I cannot access a particular ending just because of these default decisions then I will go back to ME1 and play it again...

But first I need a confirmation on this.

Thanks.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

If I am correct there is only one ending regardless of whatever you do no matter what you import. Sorry.

....OK, make that two if you count an extra five or ten seconds added to the original ending where something (I won't say what) just suddenly shakes.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

If I am correct there is only one ending regardless of whatever you do no matter what you import. Sorry.

....OK, make that two if you count an extra five or ten seconds added to the original ending where something (I won't say what) just suddenly shakes.

Goyoshi12
No, three endings actually. Just one specific thing happens in all three.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I don't think it affects the endings, but pretty much throughout the game reference is made to things you did even way back in ME1. If you have an ME2 save you should be fine though. Honestly it is up to you.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

There are three different endings, technically four if you do everything in a specific manner. They have virtually nothing to do with your imported save files.

But the bulk of the game has a ton of references to your actions in past games. Too many people are focusing on the end. I'd highly recommend importing a save because the default character loses a lot.

Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts
No, don't worry about how your game ends. Whatever you have done in the past 2 games won't effect the end.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

One big factor that affects the ending of Mass Effect 3 is whether or not you destroyed or kept the Collector base at the end of ME2.

But I highly recommend importing a save file all the way from ME1. You'll enjoy it greatly in ME3.

Tahir_Ahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Tahir_Ahmad
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Glad to hear that endings of ME3 are not dependant on previous games but the references you guys are talking about are also very important so I think I'll just start playing ME1 again so I can enjoy the final game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
I was actually fine with all of the endings. It's the journey that matters, not the ending, really. I played through all 3 of the games within a week and not gonna lie, you'll feel really attached to your own character and choices as the games go on. Just expect Bioware to have more control over the end instead of the player. Either way, the series has a place in my heart when it comes to narrative.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Hey, guys -- the Mass Effect 3 thread is over this way. Keep the ending talk there, and in spoiler tags while you're at it.