Marvel vs DC Brawler why hasn't it happened.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

Cmon make it happen someone this should have happened ages ago.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Same exact reason we don't have the Super Robot Series outside of Japan

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Probably for the same reason that this happened:

WTC

What in Les Craps LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

WTC

What in Les Craps LOL

nini200
Please tell me this is a joke...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]

WTC

What in Les Craps LOL

Nope, Ali beat the crap out of him too because he fought under a red sun to make sure he wasn't getting an advantage.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44331 Posts
I imagine it's because of licensing issues. It certainly would be very cool. There would only be one developer that I'd want to see make the game though and that would be Capcom.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Closest you'll get is Mugen.

Another2days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Another2days
Member since 2012 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"][QUOTE="nini200"]

What in Les Craps LOL

Jaysonguy

Nope, Ali beat the crap out of him too because he fought under a red sun to make sure he wasn't getting an advantage.

Holy LOL.
Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
Capcom does Marvel and lately the guys behind Mortal Kombat are doing DC. The odds of them working together is around the same as Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Capcom does Marvel and lately the guys behind Mortal Kombat are doing DC. The odds of them working together is around the same as Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.Saladin__7
For fighting games yeah. But plenty of other devs got licences for Marvel or DC based games. So I don't see why Capcom or Netherrealm would have to be involved at all.

Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Saladin__7

[QUOTE="Saladin__7"]Capcom does Marvel and lately the guys behind Mortal Kombat are doing DC. The odds of them working together is around the same as Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.lazyathew

For fighting games yeah. But plenty of other devs got licences for Marvel or DC based games. So I don't see why Capcom or Netherrealm would have to be involved at all.

They're making the DC game Injustice: Gods Among Us and Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently came out. They've both made good fighting games recently. Why not support one of these companies making this?
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

I personally think Capcom should do it... Only because they pull off the comic book feel so well.

dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#13 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

Play Mugen

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
I imagine it's because of licensing issues. It certainly would be very cool. There would only be one developer that I'd want to see make the game though and that would be Capcom.Archangel3371
The problem with Capcom is that there's no way they'd make the game without inserting some kind of BS method to nickel-and-dime the consumers.

WTC

What in Les Craps LOL

nini200
I hear that comic was actually decently written.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lazyathew

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="Saladin__7"]Capcom does Marvel and lately the guys behind Mortal Kombat are doing DC. The odds of them working together is around the same as Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.Saladin__7

They're making the DC game Injustice: Gods Among Us and Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently came out. They've both made good fighting games recently. Why not support one of these companies making this?

It's not that I don't support the idea of them working on it. I'm just saying they don't need to work together, or agree to it. Nor Capcom or Netherealms own these licenses. It could be just one of them getting both and doing it, or maybe another company all together.

They aren't the only companies capable of making fantastic fighting games. But thet's not even the point.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

It WILL happen.

Maybe....

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

There was a DC versus Marvel comic that briefly ran in the 90s.

If they were to use that comic's storyline for a potential video game crossover... I'd want nothing to do with it :P

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Currently, the logistics of ownership with regards to these two respective stables makes the notion implausible if not outright impossible.

Disney owns Marvel and Warner Bros. owns DC. Both of these companies have their own game-related subsidiaries thus getting them to cooperate and create a versus game would be a difficult proposal.

That said, Disney has such a massive pool of characters, including their own, Marvel and now Star Wars, that they could conceivably create a pretty impressive fighter that would draw on any number of existing IP's.

But Marvel vs. DC will probably never happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#20 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
That said, Disney has such a massive pool of characters, including their own, Marvel and now Star Wars, that they could conceivably create a pretty impressive fighter that would draw on any number of existing IP's.Grammaton-Cleric
I never thought about that... that would be cool if handled correctly :D
Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Saladin__7

[QUOTE="Saladin__7"][QUOTE="lazyathew"]For fighting games yeah. But plenty of other devs got licences for Marvel or DC based games. So I don't see why Capcom or Netherrealm would have to be involved at all.

lazyathew

It's not that I don't support the idea of them working on it. I'm just saying they don't need to work together, or agree to it. Nor Capcom or Netherealms own these licenses. It could be just one of them getting both and doing it, or maybe another company all together.

They aren't the only companies capable of making fantastic fighting games. But thet's not even the point.

I get what you're saying.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lazyathew

Currently, the logistics of ownership with regards to these two respective stables makes the notion implausible if not outright impossible.

Disney owns Marvel and Warner Bros. owns DC. Both of these companies have their own game-related subsidiaries thus getting them to cooperate and create a versus game would be a difficult proposal.

Grammaton-Cleric

I don't see why it would be so difficult. Gaming crossovers between characters owned by different companies happen all the time.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

lazyathew

I don't see why it would be so difficult. Gaming crossovers between characters owned by different companies happen all the time.

It happens all the time with smaller companies.

Disney and Warner Bros. however are massive media conglomerates and they also happen to own, respectively, the two largest comic book brands on the planet. These two companies are in direct competition with one another in just about every available media so the type of cooperation you are suggesting is unlikely.

And if a third party developer attempted to make such a game, they would find the endeavor cost-prohibitive given the value of the two brands.