Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Revealed! Boulder Punchin' Chris? **** YES!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

A decade since the last one, MVC3 is now a reality

- Using the MT Framework engine that's brought you Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 2, Devil May Cry 4 and other visually stunning Capcom games...

- Street Fighter 4 styIe cinematic visuals!

- No more recycled sprite for Morrigan!

- RE5 Chris?!! Please for the love of all that's holy let him use a boulder punch attack to strike at opponents!

Chriiiiisssss

Now, where's Dante? :P

capcomc

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
deactivated-5bb421ab1b937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
Member since 2010 • 354 Posts

cool beans

Didn't hear of this coming out, I was expecting something in 2D.

kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

Nice trailer, can't wait to see more.

Wolf-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Wolf-5
Member since 2005 • 1730 Posts

OOOO... definetly awesome. Wonder what the character list would be!?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Now, where's Dante? :Pmartialbullet
Where's Vergil? I'll throw the idea out that Iron Man should be able alter his suit in-battle like Megaman could his Megabuster for MvC2, but actual physical changes. Maybe...switch him out while he does this until "Assist O.K.!!"

I can already think of people getting put in this:

-That Godhand dude

-Maximo

- At least 1 from Onimusha

-Bionic Commando

-That Dark Void guy

-Okami

-Viewtiful Joe

-Iron Man villians

-The Immortal Iron Fist

-The Fantastic Four

-Rival schools characters

-Bass

-Protoman/Zero

-Gotta keep Tron Bonne...to hint at Megaman Legends 3, because that must be released.

-More Xmen, more Street Fighter

Just a few additions....and keep the brightness and color, keep the Xmen vs Street Fighter kind of bgm, less MvC2 and what was in the trailer....bgm.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

OH HELL YESSSSS!!!

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 martialbullet

and keep the brightness and color,

BranKetra

ddd

It just had to be done :P

I would love to see the Bionic Commando guy (Spencer, right?) be in the roster as well, though I can only imagine how ridiculous his reach would be.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 branketra

I would love to see the Bionic Commando guy (Spencer, right?) be in the roster as well, though I can only imagine how ridiculous his reach would be.

martialbullet

Grapple to super jump range.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 King9999

[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

BranKetra

Grapple to super jump range.

Deflecting fireballs with the claw? Yes please.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20972 Posts
Supposedly they're going to "shock the world" with the number of characters, which could be an immediate strike against any balance this game might hope to have. For the record, MvC2 had thr--I mean, "56 characters", and the largest roster in a credible tournament fighting game is KOF 2002: Unlimited Match's 66-character lineup.
dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dr-bones
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
Hopefully this one isn't the sloppy mess that the last one was.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
A boulder punch Ultra is basically required.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Some of my predictions:

Marvel

Deadpool - I would be flatly shocked if he didn't make the roster.

Cable - His popularity in the last game would make his a veritable shoe-in.

Blade - A long shot but he would fit in remarkably well with a fighting game cast.

Daredevil - Again, a perfect fit.

Elecktra - Maybe a bit redundant but one of Marvel's best fighters.

Spiderman - No chance he won't be among the roster

The Punisher - I'd love a Garth Ennis/ Max version replete with a grizzled and scarred visage but any iteration of the character would be an awesome addition.

Captain America -Probably a good chance.

Thor - Normally a long shot but with an upcoming film in the works Capcom might opt for a bit of synergy.

Capcom

Viewtiful Joe - Again, I would be shocked if he was not included.

Dante - Long overdue for a crossover and still one of Capcom's most visible and popularcharacters.

Mega Man - Pretty much a given.

Rad Spencer - 50/50 but done properly could be a solid addition.

Maximo - Maybe...

Alex (SFIII) Unlikely but his persistent omission from SSFIV would make him a big surprise since we assume all of the Capcom fighters from SF would be brought over from SSF4.

Albert Wesker - This should happen, even if it doesn't.

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts

All I could think while The Hulk was smashing and throwing rocks was "don't you dare get those rocks next to..oh man..it is CHRIS!..he's gonna smash em!". Seriously though..I'm super excited for this. I thought it'd never happen, but it looks like it will! Awesome. They should just look at Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to see who they should add. And then add a few more Xmen.

^You say dante, and I agree. Almost everyone wants him in, but I read somewhere, not sure how credible this is, the owner of the character doesn't want him in a fighting game. So I've read, I dunno, could be just made up.

One last edit, look at my sig and profile image to see who I really want in from the Capcom side. Yes, get in Phoenix Wright (Not a fighter..so it'd be weird, but interesting) and Mask de Smith from Killer 7 has an awesome wrestler type fighter.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

i could never get into MvC2 but will definitely give this one a chance when it's released...

PlayBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PlayBox39
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

I gotta say I'm pumped for this.

I hope they get more Darkstalkers on there. I'm tired of Morrigan being the only one.

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jks22112
Well, the Capcom logo in the beginning says probably Felicia at least. And if they're going for all the characters that were in MVC2 and more, then you'd atleast see Ankaris (sp? haven't played the game in a while..) and Bb Hood, as well as felicia and morrigan. As you may know, another rumored game has been Darkstalkers 4. Here's hoping for that one as well.
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

For whoever said Deadpool, it looks like his silhouette in the opening, I can't think of any other person on the Marvel side with a body suit and sword.

But I am looking forward to this. I really hope that the Marvel side gets a good update. I also wonder if Capcom is going to stick with the massive characters and maybe add the PTX-40A as a counter to Sentinel.

What I would be really interested in is some of the character updates. If they keep all of the old Marvel characters, Rogue would need an update (first time since her debut in SF vs. X-Men) Cable should but it doesn't really matter (though in the comics his powers are different and the psi-mitar shouldn't be an option), and Cyclops has a totally different look. Those are just a few examples of the updates on the Marvel side.

However, the other thing that I would like / hope for, is the alternate versions of the same character. For example, Iron Man and War Machine being separate instead of a pallette swap, kind of like adamantium and bone claw Wolverine. Examples of this would be Red Hulk / Green Hulk, Steve Rodgers Captain America and Bucky Captain America, Wolverine and Daken, Iron Man and Iron Patriot.

As for my character wants...

Marvel

Emma Frost
Elektra
Adam Warlock (though Thanos helps)
Ms. Marvel
Any of the Dark Avengers, Bullseye / Hawkeye especially
Any member of the Fantastic Four (I'm not a fan but they are Marvel's first family!)
Nova
Black Panther
Apocalypse
Stryfe
Bishop
Speedball

Capcom

Dante
Protoman / Bass
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Mike Haggar (c'mon a team of Haggar, Colossus and Juggernaut / Thing... money!)
Anyone from Saturday Night Slam Masters
John Talbain / Demitri / Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
Batsu (enjoyed him in Tatsunoku vs. Capcom)
Sigma
Zero

Crazy characters I know, but I think they could be fun to play with personally.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 King9999

If you look at this screenshot, you can guess who some of the silhouettes are. I'm positive that Deadpool and Dante are both in the game. Some people have guessed that the character on the far right next to Chris' boulder-punching arm is Frank West, but I like to think that it's Wesker.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts
Faaaaaannnnntastic!!! It's a year away but I'll be damned if I'm not totally pumped for this game. So man great characters they can choose from to put in this game.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 branketra

I wonder if Ruby Heart will be playable. She's the main character of MvC2 or something. I think she was a good character.

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

If you look at this screenshot, you can guess who some of the silhouettes are. I'm positive that Deadpool and Dante are both in the game. Some people have guessed that the character on the far right next to Chris' boulder-punching arm is Frank West, but I like to think that it's Wesker.

King9999

For some reason the link sends you to image one of the galary, but image 2 has a bunch of silhouettes. From my guess the top left corner looks to bea Super Skrull, or Thanos with massive ears, or even Namor with big ears. Deadpool looks to be over Hulk's right shoulder, I'll agree with Frank West it looks kinda like his T vs. C character model.

The hooded character above Iron Man... I would love for it to be Taskmaster or Cloak (please get rid of Blackheart) or it could very well be The Hood since he is rather important in Marvel continuity. I would hope for Taskmaster (a sword character for Marvel) or Cloak (specials would be cool) but I am not holding my breath.

The bottom left confuses me. I see what looks like Nightcrawler's tail (oh please yes!) though the hair seems off, it could be TJ Wagner, Nightcrawler's daughter with Scarlet Witch from another dimension, though that is not likely. However it really looks like Felicia, I guess there is no rule of Marvel on the left and Capcom on the right, so my best guess is Felicia.

Pointy ears in the top middle left (between Thanos / Namor / Super Skrull and the Hooded character) I don't know. Possibly Bucky-Cap? I mean if Chun-Li can be over Hulk's left shoulder thena previously released character can be out there as well.

The blob of characters on the right... not a clue... I have no guesses as to whose hand that is or anything :)

Edit: Taking a look at the trailer that has five Capcom and five Marvel characters behind their respective logos link pointy ears is definately Bucky-Cap, note the pouches on his hip compared to the Bucky-Cap design. It also shows that the tail character in the bottom left is a Capcom character, it has to be Felicia. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the Wolverine-esque character (fourth from the left) on the Marvel banner is actually Daken. But I can hardly make out the other caped character on the end of the line.

But with every answer comes a new question, who is the female looking character in the middle of the Capcom crew? It almost looks like Kos-Mos, but that can't be right.

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Sweet! I want a hundred characters! Screw balance! :)

Wish list:

Marvel:

• Domino
  • Dead Pool
  • Thor
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Archangel (Fore Horsemen version, Death)
  • The Punisher
  • Ghost Rider
  • Havok
  • Red Skull
  • Psylocke
  • White Queen
  • Captain America
  • Kraven the Hunter
  • Saber Tooth

Capcom

• Vanessa Z. Schneider
  • Ada Wong
  • Jill Valentine
  • Jedah
  • Fire Brand
  • Ibuki
  • The cowboy from Gun Smoke
  • Bulleta
  • Strider
  • Wouldn't it be awesome if that silhouette wasn't Dante but instead it was that dude from Trojan.

• Hell yeah! Trojan
  • The Airplane from the 1942 series. Make it a mech and it can be a completely playable character.
  • Super Joe

Dear Capcom, Please do not include any Mega Man characters or Viewtiful Joe. Thanks! :D

P.S. Limit, 1 shoto for this game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

I sure hope they go with MvsC styIe of music because I really didn't care for the jazz styIe in MvsC2. I also wonder who the end boss in this game might be. I'd really like to see Apocalypse make a return since he is a favourite of mine.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
So who's making this? Is it the Tatsunoko VS Capcom team in Japan? Anyway, excited of course! Can't wait! Good thing there's Super SFIV to bide the time until this! :D
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 martialbullet

[QUOTE="King9999"]

LOEAnubis

For some reason the link sends you to image one of the galary, but image 2 has a bunch of silhouettes. From my guess the top left corner looks to bea Super Skrull, or Thanos with massive ears, or even Namor with big ears. Deadpool looks to be over Hulk's right shoulder, I'll agree with Frank West it looks kinda like his T vs. C character model.

That pose looks more like from the original Dead Rising. Since the game is actually using MT Framework, the model could be different and would look more like his original appearance. Gosh, the face in TvC...

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Frank West!!!! .... Hes covered wars you know.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 martialbullet
Frank West!!!! .... Hes covered wars you know.GodModeEnabled
But Chris Redfield killed a boulder.
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SteveTabernacle
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Frank West!!!! .... Hes covered wars you know.martialbullet
But Chris Redfield killed a boulder.

To be fair, the boulder was a real dick.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 martialbullet

That makes it all the more justified.

x6 Super Combo Finish!

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jks22112
He had a personal vendetta against those boulders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1g8JS5lhM
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Anyway...

I'm kinda curious about Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I played the first two, but I'm not a huge fan of the series, mainly because I feel the game is more of a flashly type of fighting game without much substance. More or less like those games allowing people to show off their kill with high combos and stuff - it got pretty annoying.

But I'm willing to give Marvel Vs Capcom 3 a shot - too bad the infamous "Take You For A Ride" song isn't back in though. :lol:

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 King9999

The major thing here to watch out for in MvC3 is how balanced the game is going to be. I love MvC2, but one of the things that turns me off on it is having to fight the same few top tier characters over and over again. I would really like for Capcom to work hard on balancing the characters as best as they can. They've been pretty good about that lately, so I have confidence in them.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Metamania

The major thing here to watch out for in MvC3 is how balanced the game is going to be. I love MvC2, but one of the things that turns me off on it is having to fight the same few top tier characters over and over again. I would really like for Capcom to work hard on balancing the characters as best as they can. They've been pretty good about that lately, so I have confidence in them.

King9999
Yeah, if they can make the balance excellent, then I think we'll be seeing more sporadic matches with all characters and not just the really good ones.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20972 Posts

King9999
I would also offer that they need to reel the action in a little altogether. One of the reasons I didn't get competitive in it before the mid-era top tier (about 10-12 characters) collapsed was because I wasn't physically able to execute THAT fast. MvC2 just asked too much of players.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 branketra

One of the reasons I didn't get competitive in it before the mid-era top tier (about 10-12 characters) collapsed was because I wasn't physically able to execute THAT fast. MvC2 just asked too much of players.DarkCatalyst
I disagree. I see a lot of posts on this forum complaining that Ninja Gaiden Black was too hard. I had fun with NGB's difficulty and improved overall because I kept coming back. Same goes for MvC2 and Seth of SFIV

Also, keep the 90's-ish Xmen voices. Storm's sermons were great. "Lightning and Winds of torrent, strike down the wicked and bring their evil to light!!"Or something among that. Cyclops with his...Scott Summers voice....and Wolverine calling everyone rookie.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Metamania

Kotaku Talks With Marvel's Chris Baker on MVC3

SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SteveTabernacle
Capcom needs to get Gene from God Hand in there. His ultra can be kicking a guy in the balls and punching him into outer space, and for the females, a spanking ultra. I'm not exaggerating there either, he actually does those things in that game. It is wonderful.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 martialbullet
Capcom needs to get Gene from God Hand in there. His ultra can be kicking a guy in the balls and punching him into outer space, and for the females, a spanking ultra. I'm not exaggerating there either, he actually does those things in that game. It is wonderful.SteveTabernacle
A Spanking attack should only be left for the females as the game did :P The coolest thing is if you could actually have a Roulette Super... the possibilities!
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#40 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
the addition of harman smith would kick so much ass.
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SteveTabernacle
the addition of harman smith would kick so much ass.LoG-Sacrament
Ehhh, Dan was cooler. They maybe could go with Garcian though.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#42 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]the addition of harman smith would kick so much ass.SteveTabernacle
Ehhh, Dan was cooler. They maybe could go with Garcian though.

lies! harman kicks ass from a wheel chair, which automatically puts his ass kicking above other ass kicking seeing as how his legs dont work.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jks22112
Gene is AWESOME. God hand FTW. And wouldn't it make more sense to have Mask De Smith in it, since he's already has wrestling moves, and is AWESOME.
tommystockley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 tommystockley
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts

My cast? Lets see, I'm more of a Mortal kombat and DC fan, but I'm definately interested in this game.

I'd actually prefer to see more variety from the Marvel side. Alot of people wanna see lots of X-Men, but this isn't X-Men vs Street Fighter remember. I think Marvel needs to take advantage of ALL it's franchises, some old, some new. Yes, include Deadpool, Wolverine, Storm, and a couple more from X-men. But other characters need to show up as well, a few more anti-heores especially. Blade, Ghostrider, Punisher, hell, I'd even love to see Man-Thing. And maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make a Carnage character this time instead of a red palette swap of Venom. Not too sure about Howard The Duck though, might be comical to see some Quack-Fu, lol.

As for Capcom, I love resident evil, and I think it'd be pretty badass to see The Licker show up. But I doubt that'll happen.

Haven't got much else, too bad Marvel don't have the Transformers or GI Joe anymore, lol.