Marvel vs. Capcom 2 which version should I get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

Which version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 should I get? the PS2 version or the original xbox version? are they equal?

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

ill go ps2

i had it and traded it in for mgs3, but i still have the crappy 360 version.

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
PS2 I still knew that Dreamcast version was great. I will check PS3 version later.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

ill go ps2

i had it and traded it in for mgs3, but i still have the crappy 360 version.

incred_davis

what's so bad about the 360 version?

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

My strong suggestion is to get it for a modern console if you can. The amount you'll pay for a legit PS2 or DC copy is pretty insane these days. Almost enough to get a 360 anyway. The online features of the 360 and PS3 versions is worth the higher amount of money, and its a direct arcade/DC port.

If you really don't wanna splurge on the newer console version, get the PS2 version. The original Xbox has a woefully terrible controller for it. It's just not worth the money for Xbox unless you can get it very cheap.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
definatly the ps2 version. the controller is just better suited for the game imo. i saw both back when i bought the game i think it may have been about 6 years ago but the ps2 version was about 30 bucks more, thats still the one i went with. (keep in mind back then it was hard to find, and in high demand)
TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

Since the Sega Dreamcast had some NAOMI hardware implemented into the console, I would have to say that the Sega Dreamcast version is the most recommended. It's the most similar to the original arcade version of the game. It also has everything from the PS2 and Xbox versions of the game. NAOMI hardware was used in the development of the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age Of Heroes cabinet.

The PS2 and Xbox versions are essentially ports of the Dreamcast version. They are both great as well.

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

the controller...which in a fighting game like that is the most important thing.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

My strong suggestion is to get it for a modern console if you can. The amount you'll pay for a legit PS2 or DC copy is pretty insane these days. Almost enough to get a 360 anyway. The online features of the 360 and PS3 versions is worth the higher amount of money, and its a direct arcade/DC port.

If you really don't wanna splurge on the newer console version, get the PS2 version. The original Xbox has a woefully terrible controller for it. It's just not worth the money for Xbox unless you can get it very cheap.

starfox15

The retail versions dropped in price dramatically when the PSN and XBLA versions came out. You can find it between $30-$40.