March PS Plus - Dead Nation (PS4) and TR (PS3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'm going to shamelessly copy Sony's PS Blog since I don't think they mind the lost hit.

I've never tried TR so I'm really glad its hitting PS Plus this month. Odd that Square is doing this on the heels of the HD edition, but works for me...

I was hoping Dead Nation would boast some original content, but it looks like an HD upgrade with some social functionality added. Still, I'll give it a go since I am a big fan. Also, maybe I'll be able to talk my brother (who also has PS Plus) into playing through the campaign with me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/27/preview-marchs-instant-game-collection/

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free for PS Plus members

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Tomb Raider

Free for PS Plus members

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Free for PS Plus members

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Unit 13

Free for PS Plus members

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Free for PS Plus members

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

Pollheader
hat are your thoughts on the current Instant Game Collection?

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Really sweet lineup. I got Tomb Raider unfortunately. But everything else on that list is awesomesauce

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I never did play Dead Nation on PS3, but since it's a HouseMarque game, I'll definitely give it a try. More free games is not something I mind at all.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CarnageHeart

Some more details about DR. The screenshots at the link do look quite a bit crisper than the original's.

Note to self: don't stream game and put myself at the mercy of the internet :).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/27/dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-coming-to-ps4-march-4th/

Exclusively available on PS4, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features numerous enhancements, making it the best version yet. You can now play in full 1080p HD, with improved textures, rendering, and effects — Dead Nation has never looked better. We also improved the controls, adding in a quick weapon select so your favorite zombie decimator is never out of reach

----

One of the new features in Apocalypse Edition, which you may have spotted in the trailer, is Challenge mode; every time you finish a single level, you can now send your score over to a friend to try and beat. When playing a challenge you can see the avatar of the player who set the challenge, allowing you to race against them or scope out their high-scoring route. What’s that I hear you say? “What if your friends are no match for your zombie decapitating skills?” Well, how about you take on the challenge of any leaderboard entry, for any single level, made by any player?

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I wil say though, I feel like we are a little past due to see some price cuts on launch software. The prices on some of the full games on PS3 via Plus are pretty crazy. I wouldn't mind seeing, say, NFS Rivals for $29. That'd be a buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Will dead nation be free if you've owned the Ps3 version like Flower? That would be cool.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Nice. I already have Tomb Raider for the 360 but I certainly don't mind playing it again on the PS3. I also still plan on picking up the Definitive Edition on Xbox One, such a fantastic game.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Sweet. I enjoyed Dead Nation on the PS3 when it first came out. I wouldn't mind revisiting it. That's cool!

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Yes! I only got about 10% through DN on PS3. Never really got around to it but now I'm glad I held off.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Thank god I didn't waste 60$ on a version of Tomb Raider with slightly upgraded graphics. Now, it's free. Sweet.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

What is Dead Nation about?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CarnageHeart

@The_Last_Ride said:

Its a gory top down arcade style shooter in which you try to survive against hordes of zombies from Housemarque (makes of Super Stardust HD and Resogun). As you might expect from Housemarque its a tough game with old school design sensibilities but cutting edge graphics. It has on and offline two player co-op. You are going against screenfuls of enemies, some of them faster than you are, so dodging isn't a big part of the game, its mostly about crowd control.

If you're asking about the plot, its something about being the last survivors of a disease that turns everyone into zombies or something (not that the game spends any time on the plot).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Its a gory top down arcade style shooter in which you try to survive against hordes of zombies from Housemarque (makes of Super Stardust HD and Resogun). As you might expect from Housemarque its a tough game with old school design sensibilities but cutting edge graphics. It has on and offline two player co-op. You are going against screenfuls of enemies, some of them faster than you are, so dodging isn't a big part of the game, its mostly about crowd control.

If you're asking about the plot, its something about being the last survivors of a disease that turns everyone into zombies or something (not that the game spends any time on the plot).

alrighty, i knew that it was a zombie game with indie roots. Just not what type of game