Man arrested after threatening to kill Nintendo execs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

That guy must despise Mario more than I do :0.

http://kotaku.com/man-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-to-kill-nintendo-1468106203?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

A 25 year-old man has been arrested in Japan for allegedly threatening the lives of two Nintendo executives. Apparently, those weren't his only threats.

Sankei News reports that on May 20, the suspect allegedly accessed the online inquiry form on Nintendo's homepage via his home computer and named two Nintendo execs he was going to kill "sooner or later."

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Someone should have told this person the library of the Wii U was bound to improve.....eventually.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

A sentiment many old school Nintendo fans share, I'm guessing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

That guy must despise Mario more than I do :0.

http://kotaku.com/man-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-to-kill-nintendo-1468106203?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

A 25 year-old man has been arrested in Japan for allegedly threatening the lives of two Nintendo executives. Apparently, those weren't his only threats.

Sankei News reports that on May 20, the suspect allegedly accessed the online inquiry form on Nintendo's homepage via his home computer and named two Nintendo execs he was going to kill "sooner or later."

hehe, someone should tell this kid that buying a WiiU is not that bad, he can always play Mario over and over again.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Probably still upset about the Rayman Legends delay.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#6 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

This really seems to be more and more common as of lately. I mean didn't some Bioware folks get death threats over the Mass Effect 3 ending? You really gotta wonder what's wrong with people. Maybe they're just mentally disturbed. Though with this a similar instances, my husband often attributes this to the news media and it's 24 hour coverage anytime there's a shooting and they do all these stories on it, someone sees this and if you're messed up in the head, you can look at this like "if I go on a rampage then the news will talk about me and everyone will remember me."

The worst part about this, is it doesn't bode well for the whole "video games don't make you violent argument." Of course we all know, it probably has nothing to do with the games he played and that he was just mentally disturbed but someone will latch on to this and say "if it wasn't for video games, this man wouldn't have made his death threats."

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@kbaily said:

The worst part about this, is it doesn't bode well for the whole "video games don't make you violent argument." Of course we all know, it probably has nothing to do with the games he played and that he was just mentally disturbed but someone will latch on to this and say "if it wasn't for video games, this man wouldn't have made his death threats."

But the people who do what you described are idiots, and easily ignored. They can try writing their ignorance into legislation, but the track record for that is starting to look progressively worse and worse. Even Leland Yee, who built the bulk of his career on scaring idiot/bad parents into voting for him to protect their kids from the evil of the video games that they have no choice but to buy, has started quieting down because he doesn't want to talk about all the legislation he supported that was overturned, appealed, and still not successful. (taxpayers don't want to be reminded that you regularly waste their resources on things you knew were not constitutional well in advance)

So let the morons rage, and between the stork and the grim reaper, the people dumb enough to fall for the snake oil these people sell are being replaced by people who grew up gaming, or around people who game, who simply know better.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@kbaily:

If politicians banned everything that had ever made a nutjob homicidally angry, they'd have to ban sports, movies, books, toys, cars, religion and politics.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Someone should have told this person the library of the Wii U was bound to improve.....eventually.

This!!! ^ So true. :p

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@CarnageHeart said:

@kbaily:

If politicians banned everything that had ever made a nutjob homicidally angry, they'd have to ban sports, movies, books, toys, cars, religion and politics.

I'd be down for banning that last one.

NightlyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By NightlyOne
Member since 2009 • 331 Posts

Maybe the guy played too much Bomberman when he was younger.