Major Wifi connectivity issues of Nintendo Switch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ashishmunde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ashishmunde
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

So I originally got my Switch late December 2017, where it would connect to my Wifi network seamlessly, except for its much slower download speed, but it connected. A few weeks later, I went on a 3 month trip where my Switch connected to the Wifi where I was staying just fine, and its download speed was nearly twice that of my home network (despite varying speed test sites revealing only a 6 Mbps increase over my home network). When I returned home, I made an overhaul to my home network's infrastructure, creating 2 separate Wifi networks (both on the 2.4GHz band, and on seperate channels of course). Both WAPs go through the same modem to access the internet and are in the same room; one is a hidden network and the other has SSID broadcast. After this overhaul, my Switch can connect to the hidden network, if its in the same room as the WAP. And refuses to connect to the non-hidden network, I am typing the password in correctly, yes (I even read the password straight off the WAP's setup screen to make sure I got it right). I do not have airplane mode enabled as I am using the controllers wirelessly, and I have rebooted my Switch numerous times. I'd prefer to connect my Switch to the hidden network, as I set it up for my devices (to separate them from the rest of the family's devices). However, I will make an exception for the Switch if it guarantees internet access.