mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

It's currently sitting at about 20 dollars on Steam right now and, despite what I've heard about the game and it's bad qualities, I've also heard there are some redeeming qualities as well.

Story, voice acting, music, and the world are all quite excellent from what I've heard.

It all just comes down to really repetitive gameplay.

I was just wondering if it is worth it...at all.

20 dollars is pretty inexpensive for a fairly fresh game, I feel if I bought it and skipped a lot of the filler and just did the story missions it might be fun (or are even the story missions boring?)

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Yeah I saw that deal as well.

Supposed to have a great narrative but bland gameplay.

I may wait for an even better deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

What are your cpu and gpu? I got about halfway through the game and really liked it. However, I upgraded my pc to a pretty high degree. Went from a prebuilt mobo with an fx6200, a pretty weak cpu, with ddr3 ram, to an intel i5 6600 and ddr4 ram, and it ran like garbage. Just a fair warning.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25

@hillelslovak said:

What are your cpu and gpu? I got about halfway through the game and really liked it. However, I upgraded my pc to a pretty high degree. Went from a prebuilt mobo with an fx6200, a pretty weak cpu, with ddr3 ram, to an intel i5 6600 and ddr4 ram, and it ran like garbage. Just a fair warning.

i7 something-something, 16 GB memory, Geforce 980...I'm thinking I will be OK, but you can never tell these days, especially with these alleged AAA games/studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hillelslovak said:

i7 something-something, 16 GB memory, Geforce 980...I'm thinking I will be OK, but you can never tell these days, especially with these alleged AAA games/studios

I was pretty pissed. Every game I played had a significant performance boost with the upgrade in hardware, except Mafia 3. It ramped all the way down to like 35fps, and a supremely stuttering and janky one at that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25

@hillelslovak said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hillelslovak said:

I was pretty pissed. Every game I played had a significant performance boost with the upgrade in hardware, except Mafia 3. It ramped all the way down to like 35fps, and a supremely stuttering and janky one at that.

I hear that.

Playing through the new Ghost Recon right now, the game stutters significantly. I read they are aware of the issue, though, and will address it. They already released one patch and fixed it a little, but not enough.

I can handle some slowdown in graphically intense areas, don't get me wrong; but freezes and stutters are unacceptable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hillelslovak said:

I hear that.

Playing through the new Ghost Recon right now, the game stutters significantly. I read they are aware of the issue, though, and will address it. They already released one patch and fixed it a little, but not enough.

I can handle some slowdown in graphically intense areas, don't get me wrong; but freezes and stutters are unacceptable.

Ubisoft cant optimize worth a shit for their open world games. Every single one has huge problems for months.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Bought it on the sale, and quite happy about the purchase. Not a great game by any means, just a poor mans GTA with a decent story and good sound track. As fare as performance/bugs it runs smoothly on my system (Geforce 1070) and only encountered a few non serious bugs so fare, and a few graphic ones.

Gameplay wise there isnt much new in it, but the control etc. is good, so yeah if you enjoy GTA games and got some hours to kill, you cant go wrong for 20 bucks:)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25

@djoffer123 said:

Bought it on the sale, and quite happy about the purchase. Not a great game by any means, just a poor mans GTA with a decent story and good sound track. As fare as performance/bugs it runs smoothly on my system (Geforce 1070) and only encountered a few non serious bugs so fare, and a few graphic ones.

Gameplay wise there isnt much new in it, but the control etc. is good, so yeah if you enjoy GTA games and got some hours to kill, you cant go wrong for 20 bucks:)

thanks!

TorreSsorrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TorreSsorrelli
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Damn that sucks because overall this is a good game . it sold out quick

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@djoffer123 said:

thanks!

To be fair I have putted 12 hours into it so fare, and getting a bit tired of it... Every mission is basicly just drive from point a to b(always located in each end of the map, for filling i guess) and a random 10 second shootout(always extremly easy, since the enemies are worthless...), and then drive back to point a. So yeah guess i cant complain to much since it was on sale, but definitely a game with some issues, and at this point I am considering just doing the main story only so I can finish it:)

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts

@mrbojangles25: well worth 20 bucks, I loved the game

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

If I had $20 to spend on a game, I wouldn't put it towards Mafia III - but that's just me.

I'd say if you want a game that's got 1940's era, can drive cars around like Mafia/Mafia II/GTA games, has the attitude of Boondocks Saints (first movie, not the second) and you can get around on buildings much like you can in Assassin's Creed games....

The Saboteur (not available on Steam, but it is on GoG.com)

The Saboteur is one of my favorite games. Sure, it's a bit dated because it was released Dec 2009, but it's still a great game. Might be something worth looking into.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

I'd say its defo worth 20 dollars the story was great the soundtrack is fantastic obviously there are a few bugs and it is very repetitive gameplay loop but as long as you enjoy stealth type gampleay and 3rd person cover shooter its worth it.