Thedamius324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thedamius324
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

I've recently been playing mafia 3 since I am a huge fan of the two previous games and I have been left Quite disappointed, the level design is tedious and recycled and so are the enemy designs, I found myself killing the exact same guy over an over with little variation in terms on gameplay, this really saddens me because the reason I loved the original games was because of the variation in missions, I don't completely hate the game the first few hours I was impressed with the focus on story driven narrative before the game let you do what normal open world games let you do, but when the focus turned to the open world aspect I was disappointed, let me sum it up, you talk to a guy, said guy gives you side missions to lure out an underboss, you lure out the underboss and kill him rinse and repeat.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

yup, that is what pretty much every single review said.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Eh? variation in missions? MAfia 1 and 2 had the exact same style. And pretty much every open world game ever made has the same repetitiveness.

But it´s still a better game than most that have come out lately.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

Yep, it is. I wish they just made it a more linear game, and left out all the filler bullsh**.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Eh? variation in missions? MAfia 1 and 2 had the exact same style. And pretty much every open world game ever made has the same repetitiveness.

Sorry if it looks like i'm chasing you :) but i have to comment that because you said the exact same things to me, you have to understand somthing, every game has repetitiveness! but every game progress and add new things. take DOOM for example, you doing the same thing all over again so how it's so fun?? because there's new weapons, new upgrades, new monsters, new challenges!

when someone complain about repetitiveness it means that he don't felling this changes!!! so stop saying every game is repetitive. i didn't played MAFIA III but i played the first two, and the variety of missions were incredible, so if almost every review in the world mentioned this game is too repetitive so it's probably is.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

What do you think happens in the mob when you want to eliminate the boss? You start taking out the rackets along with those under him.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Not really, both Mafia games have been varied. I don't remember the first one all that well, but i just replayed the second one and it goes from a WW2 firefight in Italy to selling gas stamps to climbing the social ladder in prison to ambushing a VIP with a mounted machinegun and so on. No two missions are alike. The city even changes between seasons and two decades.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I agree, but I still like the game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Not really, both Mafia games have been varied. I don't remember the first one all that well, but i just replayed the second one and it goes from a WW2 firefight in Italy to selling gas stamps to climbing the social ladder in prison to ambushing a VIP with a mounted machinegun and so on. No two missions are alike. The city even changes between seasons and two decades.

So you missed the repetitiveness where it´s show up, shoot , show up shoot and rinse and repeat. in Mafia 2 also i think nostalgic may have kicked in a bit, because the missions was not that varied.

To be fair i do not see any difference from 1 to 3 in how it´s done.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:

So you missed the repetitiveness where it´s show up, shoot , show up shoot and rinse and repeat. in Mafia 2 also i think nostalgic may have kicked in a bit, because the missions was not that varied.

Every other game is like that these days.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:

Every other game is like that these days.

Yep, can only agree with that.

But gaming has alwlays been like that.