Loss of Save Data/Memory Card Horror Stories?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I don't have many. I guess it's back when I didn't have a memory card for the PS2 and the power would cut out or someone would turn the system off without realising. Hours of gameplay lost.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3448 Posts

The only time it happened was my PS3. One day I switched on my PS3 and it gave me a black screen. After investigating, I had to reset it and lost all my PS3 games and game saves. At that time, I was trying to get beat Caius in FF13: Lightning Returns. Since then I have not returned to that game.

Another story was my PSN account, long story short I forgot my password and Sony was unable to retrieve my account details. I had to start everything from scratch. Both of these stories took place 4 years ago.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Speeny

@omegamaster: The PSN one is scary. :(

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Lost all progress in FF7 and multple other games twice. I also knew a guy who would delete his brother's and my saves on SNES cartridges, just for the hell of it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Speeny

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah. There’s always that one sibling...lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

Little Big Planet 3 save corruption. . Because the save file is connected to the Install files; this removes your in-game progress, your creations in the moon, all downloaded kits, and everything else.

And It's common due to how poorly the game is made, and still happens even in 2018. I do not know this first hand, I gave up a while ago, I'm still keeping in contact with a LBP community group as we attempt to build hype for Dreams. At least Sumo Digital isn't working on that one, I have faith Mm will make a game worthy of following-up LBP2 and Tearaway.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I did have a corrupted save files for Fallout 3 on PS3. It was because of the DLC that you go into an OVNI. Those DLC were very badly made on the PS3. I had many slow down or the game would freeze for no reason ... then at one point in that DLC you have like 4 or 5 shit to get and bring back at the center ... well I decided to do the wrong one first and so my game did froze once I came back so I had to restart the game and well the save was corrupted. I had to get back my save from the cloud.

I did lost a few hours of game because of it. I did try it again and sure enough it did it again once I put my feet in the center for the first time. I didn't even have to time to do anything and it froze.

So now ... never gonna play something developped by Bethesda ever again.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Speeny

@Yams1980: Thank-god for cloud saves these days. I’d even go to the extent of storing some saves on Dropbox or something.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

The one time I beat GTA San Andreas, my save corrupted itself shortly after. I was playing around with the dual wielding weapons I had unlocked and the game froze. I reset the PS2 and the file was gone. No cheats or anything were used.