Logitech Speed Force racing wheel for GameCube -- need compatible games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kjudd (25 posts) -
I just picked up a Logitech Speed Force racing wheel for GameCube, and I have to say it is awesome. I had a blast playing "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2" last night. Unfortunately, I was hoping to use the wheel with "F1 2002", but it doesn't appear to be compatible. I'm having a hard time finding a list of games that work with this wheel. Do the other "Need for Speed" games work? If anyone has this wheel, I would really appreciate if you could post a list of games that work (or don't work). Thanks.
#2 Posted by dainsanereview (603 posts) -

i have a logitech steering whell for my pc all the game work for my computer but the control is not that good.

#3 Posted by dainsanereview (603 posts) -
but i know it will work for gamecube.
#4 Posted by kjudd (25 posts) -
I do have the Gamecube version of "F1 2002", and it doesn't even recognize the controller. Maybe I'm missing something? I think the games are supposed to have the wheel logo on the back of the package to indicate compatibility. However, this is not easy to check when shopping online. Someone mentioned elsewhere that "Mario Kart" and "Simpsons Hit & Run" both work, however neither of them have the wheel logo. I'll probably pick up Mario Kart anyway, but I'd really like to find a complete list of titles that are compatible. I tried looking on the Logitech site, but they don't even mention this product anymore.
#5 Posted by Funkyhamster (17366 posts) -
According to its box, F-Zero GX is compatible... I haven't tried it myself though.
#6 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -

Amazon reviews list

1. 4x4 Evolution 2
  2. NASCAR Thunder 2003,
  3. Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit 2,
  4. Hot Wheels: Velocity X
  5. PRO RALLY 2002
  6. Burnout 2: Point of Impact
  7. Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally
  8. F-Zero GX
  9. Mario Kart Double Dash
  10. NASCAR HEAT 2: Dirt to Daytona
  11. NASCAR Thunder
  12. Need For Speed Underground
  13. Need For Speed Underground 2
  14. R: Racing Evolution Rally Championship
  15. Street Racing Syndicate
  16. The Simpsons Hit
  17. Run V-Rally 3
Not sure if that's all inclusive, but it seems rather close. It would also help explain why Burnout 2 seems so expensive on Gamecube while the original goes for cheap.
#7 Posted by JReefer1 (898 posts) -
Cool, I have Fzero and double dash and Interact racing wheel . Funny thing is I have had this combo sine they came out and never thought of trying it, although, I'm aware that NFS hot pursuit works for it.
#8 Posted by kjudd (25 posts) -
Thanks for that list, SirSpudly.
#9 Posted by JReefer1 (898 posts) -
Works great with F-ZERO.
#10 Posted by sofaking_bob (446 posts) -
try wikipedia.