Little King's Story Official Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

It has been out in Europe for a while, but Little King's Story finally comes out this week. Who else is picking it up?

Reviews-

Little King's Story is one of those rare games that manages to keep on surprising and pleasing you as you play it. In addition to featuring amusing characters, gorgeous visuals, and challenging boss fights, it also raises interesting points about religion, the nature of leadership, the rights of monarchy, and a whole host of other things. It is not without its foibles, but Little King's Story is still a great game for any Wii-owning RPG or RTS fan.

Gamespot

Gamespot 8.5

It's proof that Wii games don't have to be mediocre mini-game compilations or first-party Nintendo titles. It's a reason to be glad companies like Rising Star still exist, and that they're still making games like this. And it's got nice graphics. What are you waiting for?

Eurogamer

Eurogamer 8.0

For a game that bears gameplay similarities to some proud forebears , Little King's Story is shockingly original in execution. There really isn't another RPG out there quite like it – and in an increasingly stale strategy-RPG market, this is a game that renews the category for us. It's compelling and complex, deep and rewarding, surprising and above allentertaining. There are few other games on the Wii that can really share that much praise in a single sentence, so that's an achievement unto itself. It does have drawbacks – for all the polish, Little King's Story still has occasional gameplay quirks and shortcomings. But my god man – this is fine gaming. Ignore the box art , look past the cutesy presentation – Little King's Story is an enormous tale wholeheartedly worth exploring.

IGN AU

IGN AU9.1

My copy should be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to play this.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I am picking it up on the 30th, when I get paid. It is killing me having to wait though because I've been wanting this game for a while.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

What? Nobody here is getting this one besides these two gentlemen? GGD, you officially suck. [spoiler] No, I'm not getting it as of now. I'm slowly warming up to it, though, so maybe a rental might put me in the right mood to buy this game. :P [/spoiler]

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rragnaar

What? Nobody here is getting this one besides these two gentlemen? GGD, you officially suck. *spoiler* No, I'm not getting it as of now. I'm slowly warming up to it, though, so maybe a rental might put me in the right mood to buy this game. :P */spoiler*

SteelAttack

I imagine this one might be hard to find in Mexico. I don't know if the rest of the Wii-owning portion of the GGD has an excuse.:P

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SteelAttack

I imagine this one might be hard to find in Mexico. I don't know if the rest of the Wii-owning portion of the GGD has an excuse.:Prragnaar
I believe it might be around some stores, but ridiculously overpriced and two months later, which is par of the course for me. This one seems to be of the type of games that NEVER get pricecuts.

The rest of the Wii GGD community has no excuse whatsoever. I don't wanna see people complaining here when Capcom releases its umpteenth on rails shooter, you hear me GGD? :x :P

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

I'm getting it. In fact, my pre-order bonus is already on my desk at home. :D I'll try to post impressions later on this week if I have time to play it.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Im_single
I was out and about today, didn't see it anywhere, must not have arrived anywhere in Canada yet, unless there are some other Canadians who have seen it around.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rragnaar

I'm getting it. In fact, my pre-order bonus is already on my desk at home. :D I'll try to post impressions later on this week if I have time to play it.

Skylock00

That thing is pretty cool. I think I get one with my Amazon preorder. It will look nice next to my DQ8 Slime Controller.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17845 Posts
i got it when it came to europe (since i live in ireland...which is a part fo europe..that would make sense :P). great game. i only have one complaint....targeting things is a bit fiddily. for some strange reason the dev didnt use the pointer for targeting. its by no means a game breaker though. personally i would give it an 8.5 by GS reckoning. brilliant game. also anyone worried about the game being kiddy? first.....lighten up. second....its nastier that it looks. its not gory or anything but it deals with subjects that are not.....well...kiddy. i believe its getting a T rating in the US. if so its fully diserved.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SteelAttack

rragnaar

What is that? It looks somewhat charming.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I was planning on wearing a robe and a Burger King crown when I go to get the game tomorrow, but nobody will drive me if I do it. There are no game stores within reasonable biking distance of my home.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
So what is this game like? Is it a RPG, a SRPG, or a Sims type of game where you build cities and relationships? I like the art and the design though.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SteelAttack

I was planning on wearing a robe and a Burger King crown when I go to get the game tomorrow, but nobody will drive me if I do it. There are no game stores within reasonable biking distance of my home.

k_smoove

:lol: I would totally drive you there just for thewin. Hell, we'd even start a royal parade after you've picked up the game.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SteelAttack

So what is this game like? Is it a RPG, a SRPG, or a Sims type of game where you build cities and relationships? I like the art and the design though.ASK_Story
It's an interesting mix of RPG/RTS. Buy it. Nao.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rragnaar
So what is this game like? Is it a RPG, a SRPG, or a Sims type of game where you build cities and relationships? I like the art and the design though.ASK_Story
From what I understand the answer to your question is 'yes'.:P It is a little bit of all of those things. I'm going into the game relatively clueless, but I think it is a kingdom building game with SRPG elements.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

I'll be getting it tomorrow too. I'll post impressions here when I have a chance to play!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rragnaar

Woohoo! I like the art on the manual a lot more than the art on the cover. I'll post impressions of this when I get a chance to play it. I might even skip the nightly frisbee golf game with my friends just so I can get a few more hours to tear into this.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 k_smoove

That disc is fully-colored! Very nice. I'm getting my copy in a few hours.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rragnaar

That disc is fully-colored! Very nice. I'm getting my copy in a few hours.

k_smoove
I noticed that too. It is pretty rare to see a Wii disc in full color.
PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
I've had the game for a while (and for free thanks to the Nintendo Stars Catalog :D ). It a pretty good game and best Wii game I've played this year. It's also got a great quirky sense of humour too like when your solders die. "Letty croaked it" :P Oh, Letty. Always dieing...
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Im_single
[QUOTE="PJ24"]I've had the game for a while (and for free thanks to the Nintendo Stars Catalog :D ). It a pretty good game and best Wii game I've played this year. It's also got a great quirky sense of humour too like when your solders die. "Letty croaked it" :P Oh, Letty. Always dieing...

I love games with a kind of quirky/silliness attached to it, kind of like Paper Mario series.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rragnaar
I just got home from the frisbee golf match and played about 20 minutes of this. I really like the visual styIe so far. I'll post more before I go to sleep, but it seems pretty charming so far.
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
I've heard good things about this game. Might actually pick it up:).
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rragnaar
I've got about 2 hours worth of the game under my belt now and I really like it a lot. I've beaten the demon cow boss and expanded my kingdom. I built a bridge across the river and fought my first Onii. Good times.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Woohoo! I like the art on the manual a lot more than the art on the cover. I'll post impressions of this when I get a chance to play it. I might even skip the nightly frisbee golf game with my friends just so I can get a few more hours to tear into this.

rragnaar

Nice artwork on the booklet.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rragnaar

Here are some pics of the town celebrating my victory over the Demon Cow(can't remember its real name)...

I love how the townspeople put on cow skull hats and danced in the streets...it is a very leisurely sort of game. Everything happens at the pace you dictate. Right now I've built everything that is available for my Kingdom until I expand it.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SteelAttack
Lol. Keep them coming, man. I'll probably be getting it soon.
dixon3133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dixon3133
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
Had this game awhile from Nintendo's Star Catalogue but havent got round to playing it yet :$
GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts

So far i'm really digging it. I got it yesterday but couldn't play it till today and ended up putting in about 5 hours and there is still a whole lot left to do. I'm really looking foward to just sitting down with this game again and letting time blow away.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 k_smoove

The store I went to was all sold out. I won't go to a different store to get it because I would rather support an independent store than a mega-corp like Gamestop.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Had this game awhile from Nintendo's Star Catalogue but havent got round to playing it yet :$dixon3133
Just out of curosity is the text at the back of the box and the manual in french? Because mine is. Am I the only one that happened too? And yes, I did get it from the Stars Catalogue :)