Legend of dragoon

Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

Gamespot rates this awesome game at 6.4

Most users who have played this game do not agree with this rating. This is a request to kindly update the game rating and review it again if necessary.

https://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-dragoon/

#1 Posted by jeezers (2833 posts) -

@bluearchan: I have this game for ps1, trying to sell it, no longer have a ps1 or ps2

#2 Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

@jeezers: i wish i could buy your copy but i have owned around six copies to date and now i play it using epsxe on my phone!

Did you like the game?

#3 Posted by jeezers (2833 posts) -

@bluearchan: I got it at a young age, i was like 7 or 8, I hated as a kid lol thought it was slow and borring, was into platformers like Mario and banjo. I tried it again when I was like 13 and liked it alot, good game. One of the first rpgs I enjoyed, pokemon was technically the first

#4 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2375 posts) -

I think it should be scored better than a 6.4. I'd rate it an 8 or a 9 but I don't think they need to change their score. It's literally someone's opinion and I'm not bothered by the fact that mine is different from theirs.

#5 Posted by Raining51 (1012 posts) -

It's good bu tnot great IMO...

The battles take a really long time and some of the battles just sucks in terms of power and difficultly and rating and all that.

It's a mess with some genuinely great moments so that sounds kinda like a 6.4 to me honestly.

You have to have a lot of patience to get through that game I can't think of a single reason why I would want to replay it.

#6 Posted by omegaMaster (1264 posts) -

A physical copy of that game is expensive

#7 Posted by Lembu90 (575 posts) -

It flopped in Japan as I can tell. It was more successful in the west but Sony already lose interest in it.

#8 Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

@valgaav_219: than for that matter they should remove their ratings since Gamespot doesnt represent a single person,dont you think?

#9 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2375 posts) -

@bluearchan said:

@valgaav_219: than for that matter they should remove their ratings since Gamespot doesnt represent a single person,dont you think?

No. It was written by one single reviewer. It's really not that serious. There are plenty of games that I feel deserve higher scores as well as some sh*t games that deserve lower scores. I'm too busy playing and enjoying games to really care about it, though. I'll form my own opinions.

#10 Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

@valgaav_219: thats what i do too. But you cant ignore things that are unjustified. A particular reviewer's opinion, which is noted worldwide and is perceived with the label of Gamespot when its not, like you said, hits the image of the game which is loved by thousands but is looked down upon by millions because of One person's rating. In my world something as unjustifiable as this shall by all mean deserves to be corrected for the sake of fair presentation.

Did you know just because ratings are too loo possibly sony couldnt even realise that there are many die hard fans of the game possibly hundreds of thousands who desire a remake of the game.

The story line was superb, the graphics were great and the best of its era, despite of various negativities. But Now its treated a trash unfortunately. Sad story huh..

#11 Edited by Valgaav_219 (2375 posts) -

@bluearchan: It's not treated as trash. It went a little bit under the radar at the time of release but The Legend of Dragoon is kind of a cult classic these days. That's why it's so damn expensive to try to get a physical copy. It pisses me off every time I think of how many PS1 games from my childhood that I don't own any more. I'd rate The Legend of Dragoon as a great classic JRPG from the golden era of JRPG's along with FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, The Legend of Legaia, Brave Fencer Musashi, Breath of Fire 3, Chrono Cross, and Parasite Eve.

#12 Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

@valgaav_219: omg you have named the awesome games. You can play it for free, use epsxe on your android and download its Rom from the internet. There you go..

I wont agree to sit calmly unfortunately. Specially i cant tolerate reviews by someone who wrote his review in Feb 2000 when the game actually released in June 2000. Also by someone who names the character incorrectly and who is seemingly a fake reviewer who just wanted his name to get into the house of reveiwers. Gamespot should correct this as it can pretty much affect its goodwill. I will wrote to the mods now. I will get it changed i will talk to someone who has a great influence over resolving issues like that.

#13 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2375 posts) -

@bluearchan: Good luck, man! I'm actually working on getting physical copies of retro JRPG's like The Legend of Dragoon since I can play PS1 games on my PS3. I'm trying to rebuild my old game collection. You can get a used copy of Chrono Cross on Amazon for $9.99! I'm trying to have a physical copy of all of the classics again.

#14 Posted by BlueArchan (101 posts) -

@valgaav_219: i purchased more than 5 or 6 copies of this game but all destroyed. Now i have a soft copy.. Indestructable version 😁

Great goodluck too. The amazon pricess it at 170 bucks? Thats off limits huh