Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

Before you say there are already threads like this let me say one thing. I know. But those ones are individual threads made for each of those consoles. This has all 3 8). This thread has been made to direct you to the cream of the crop, best of the best games on not just the PS2. Not just the XBOX, nor just the Gamecube either. But all 3 of those precious boxes of software. Now let's get things straight, I cannot guarantee you will like all these games. For all I know, you might even be too young to play some of these games. Now here is how I will order things; I will list Gamespot's top 10 best rated games from each system, list their scores, and then provide info on them. Info includes; What the editor has to say about this game, and what I have to say about this game. I will also include MY top 10 favorite games for each system just in case you think you might want to try one:P. Mod Edit: To be clear, this thread is not to be limited to only Xbox, Gamecube or PS2 legacy games. If you are looking for advice on games for the PS1 to get for example, feel free to ask here.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GamerBoy53

Top 10 PS2 Gamespot Reviews:

Remember, these are just the opinions of some random Gamespot editors.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Boxshot

#1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 --- Score: 10

Editor's Quote: "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 strikes a perfect balance between new and old and renders the two previous entries in the series as almost completely obsolete in the process." My Thought's: Awesome game. Truly is. Maybe not deserving of a 10 but still awesome.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Boxshot

#2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas --- Score: 9.6

Editor's quote: "San Andreas definitely lives up to the Grand Theft Auto name. In fact, it's arguably the best game in the series." My Thought's: This game has everything you could ask for in a GTA game; Multiplayer (once you unlock it), improved graphics, and a whole ****load of new cars, weaponry, and so on.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Boxshot

#3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City --- Score: 9.6

Editor's quote: "Vice City provides just about everything you'd want in a follow up to an outstanding game." My Thought's: Good, but no better then San Andreas IMO, still a awesome game though. It actually has a lot of features that had to be cut from San Andreas.

NFL 2K3 Boxshot

#4. NFL 2K3 --- Score: 9.6

Editors quote: "If you're a fan of NFL football (American), then you owe it to yourself to pick up NFL 2K3." My Thought's: None. I don't like Football.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Boxshot

#5. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty --- Score: 9.6

Editor's quote: "It boils down to this; you need to play Metal Gear Solid 2." My Thought's: I agree with the former. PLAY THIS GAME. Unless you aren't old enough of course.

Grand Theft Auto III Boxshot

#6. Grand Theft Auto III --- Score: 9.6

Editor's quote: "Grand Theft Auto 3 is an incredible experience that shouldn't be missed by anyone mature enough to handle it." My Thought's: Great game. IMO not near as good as it's sequels though. Buy it as an appetizer to the full meal (being one of the sequels).

Tekken Tag Tournament Boxshot

#7. Tekken Tag Tournanent --- Score: 9.6

Editor's quote:"If you've stayed away from for a long time, Tekken Tag is a warm homecoming delivering the same solid gameplay that Tekken fans crave in large doses." My Thought's: I grew up with this game. Of course it's good. I highly recommend it.

Burnout 3: Takedown Boxshot

#8. Burnout 3: Takedown --- Score: 9.5

Editor's quote: "Burnout 3: Takedown is an amazing achievement that anyone with a pulse will probably love." My Thoughts: Never played it. Sorry.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 Boxshot

#9. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 --- Score: 9.5

Editor's quote: "Anyone with even a remote interest in either the genre or the real-life sport should purchase this game as soon as possible." My Thought's: Quite a good game for skateboarders, but is it good for people who don't skateboard??? Yesiree.

NFL 2K2 Boxshot

#10. NFL 2K2 --- Score: 9.5

Editor's quote: "No other game truly delivers the feeling of literally catching a football, running through the line or making that perfect throw better than NFL 2K2 does." My Thought's: Refer to what I said on #4.

Continue for MY top recommended games for PS2...

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerBoy53

MY PS2 recommendations:

Now, as I promised, I will now list my, not Gamespot's, but MY top 10 game's for the PS2. I recommend you try at least one. Not all of them will appeal to you though probably.

Kingdom Hearts II Boxshot

Kingdom Hearts 2 --- Gamespot Score: 8.7

Final Fantasy X Boxshot

Final Fantasy X --- Gamespot Score: 9.3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Boxshot

GTA: San Andreas --- Gamespot Score: 9.6

Tekken Tag Tournament Boxshot

Tekken Tag Tournament --- Gamespot Score: 9.6

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Boxshot

GTA: Vice City --- Gamespot Score: 9.6

Ape Escape 2 Boxshot

Ape Escape 2 --- Gamespot Score: 8.4

Kingdom Hearts Boxshot

Kingdom Hearts --- Gamespot Score: 8.2

Ratchet & Clank Boxshot

Ratchet & Clank --- Gamespot Score: 9

Rock Band Boxshot

Rock Band --- Gamespot Score: 8

Grand Theft Auto III Boxshot

GTA: 3 --- Gamespot Score: 9.6

Next, Gamecube recommendations!!!

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamerBoy53

Top 10 Gamecube Gamespot Reviews:

Time for the Gamecube one's!!!

Metroid Prime

#1. Metroid Prime --- Score: 9.7

Editor's quote: "It's not just one of the single most atmospheric games ever created, but it's also quite simply one of the best." My Thought's: It's easily about the best Metroid game ever. Or possibly even the best Gamecube game ever.

Resident Evil 4

#2. Resident Evil 4 --- Score: 9.6

Editor's Quote: "Resident Evil 4 marks a new chapter in the Resident Evil series. You'll rejoin Leon S. Kennedy six years after his first mission as a rookie cop from Resident Evil 2." My Thought's: Sure, it IS about the best game in the series, but I recommend it on the Wii over the Gamecube.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

#3. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem --- Score: 9.4

Editor's Quote: "Slick, polished, creepy, and alluring, Eternal Darkness raises the bar for what action adventure games should be and stands as the first example of a game that plays the player." My Thought's: A landmark in the entire genre. Buy this game, if you can take it:o:P.

Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

#4. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2 --- Score: 9.4

Editor's Quote: "Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II improves upon its predecessor and serves up one of the best showcases for Nintendo's new system and an equally impressive game." My Thought's: Impressive for a Star Wars game, but not my kind of game.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

#5. Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker --- Score: 9.3

Editor's Quote: "The Wind Waker is a strong achievement in every way, from its stunning graphical presentation to its tight control and interesting story line." My Thought's: Do not underestimate this game for it's childish graphics. It is a truly fantastic game with it's own little charm.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

#6. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door --- Score: 9.2

Editor's Quote: "It's practically overflowing with wonderful, funny characters, memorable subplots, inventive gameplay, and beautiful visuals, and it's lengthy and quite challenging to boot." My Thoughts: Quite a cool little RPG with loads of power-ups, humor, story length, and bonus content to keep you happy for a while.

Pikmin 2

#7. Pikmin 2 --- Score: 9.2

Editor's Quote: "With Pikmin 2, Nintendo has addressed the bulk of the shortcomings of its predecessor by crafting a game that tops the original in nearly every way." My Thought's: Better then the average 'gardening game'. That's if you want to call it a gardening game. It's really just a cool new veggie based platformer with lots of cool features and cameo's.

Viewtiful Joe

#8. Viewtiful Joe --- Score: 9.2

Editor's Quote: "Viewtiful Joe deftly delivers a fantastic look while also adding a really great series of unique gameplay twists that make it much, much better than the average side-scrolling action game." My Thought's: A cool game with lots of neat twists.

Freedom Fighters

#9. Freedom Fighters --- Score: 9.2

Editor's Quote: "Anyone looking for thrilling action with refined control and a great premise need look no further than Freedom Fighters." My Thought's: Right now it's my favorite 3rd person shooter of the last generation.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

#10. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 --- Score: 9.2

Editor's Quote: "Anyone with even a remote interest in either the genre or the real-life sport should purchase this game as soon as possible." My Thought's: As I said in the PS2 version. It's great for both skateboarders and gamers alike.

Carry on for MY recommendations for Gamecube.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerBoy53

My Gamecube Reccommendations:

Most of these games are games I've grown up with all my life. You can see why I like them so much.

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime --- Score: 9.7

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door --- Score: 9.2

Super Smash Bros. Melee Boxshot

Super Smash Bros. Melee --- Score: 8.9

Super Mario Sunshine Boxshot

Super Mario Sunshine --- Score: 8

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Boxshot

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle --- Score: 6.8

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Boxshot

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition --- Score: ???

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker --- Score: 9.3

Pikmin 2 Boxshot

Pikmin 2 --- Score: 9.2

Sonic Mega Collection Boxshot

Sonic Mega Collection --- Score: 7.2

Luigi's Mansion Boxshot

Luigi's Mansion --- Score: 7.9

Carry on for more recommendations. Xbox recommendation's, that is.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerBoy53

Top 10 Xbox Gamespot Reviews:

Now I don't own an Xbox, so I can only hope this works out for me.

Halo: Combat Evolved

#1. Halo: Combat Evolved --- Score: 9.7

Editors Quote: "Not only is this easily the best of the Xbox launch games, but it's easily one of the best shooters ever, on any platform." My Thought's: The best FPS on the Xbox. What more can I say???

Grand Theft Auto Double Pack

#2. Grand Theft Auto Double Pack --- Score: 9.6

Editor's Quote: "If you're an Xbox owner who either hasn't played these games or is looking to play them again, the Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice City are the best ones available." My Thought's: An awesome package to have. But if you have a PS2. You might want to consider getting the GTA trilogy instead, unless you are willing to buy San Andreas seperately, which ultimately is more expensive. It's your wallet.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

#3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 --- Score: 9.6

Editor's Quote: "Any Xbox owner who doesn't already own another version of the game would be crazy to not pick this one up." My Thought's: A great skateboarding game. Better on the PS2 though. Customizable skateparks are a blast.

Burnout 3: Takedown

#4. Burnout 3: Takedown --- Score: 9.5

Editor's Quote: "Burnout 3: Takedown is an amazing achievement that anyone with a pulse will probably love." My Thought's: Never played it. Sorry.

Ninja Gaiden Black

#5. Ninja Gaiden Black --- Score: 9.4

Editor's Quote: "In Ninja Gaiden Black you can reprise the role of Ryu Hayabusa, ninja extraordinaire. This sequel to Ninja Gaiden supplies a new story and new missions, plus two more difficulty settings and cinematic cut scenes that provide background about the protagonist." My Thought's: A good game for anyone who can handle it.

Halo 2

#6. Halo 2 --- Score: 9.4

Editor's Quote: "Despite a rather short campaign and a disappointing storyline, Halo 2 is an exceptional shooter that frequently delivers thrilling, memorable, and unique moments in its online, co-op, and single-player modes." My Thought's: The sequel to the console's best FPS, it must be good. Correction: It IS good.

Ninja Gaiden

#7. Ninja Gaiden --- Score: 9.4

Editor's Quote: "This is one of the best, most challenging action adventure games ever made." My Thought's: A good game for anyone who can handle it.

World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International

#8. World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International --- Score: 9.3

Editor's Quote: "Featuring 136 club teams and 57 national teams, Winning Eleven 8 offers gamers control of up to 4,500 of the world's greatest soccer players." My Thought's: I don't play sport's games, but this one sounds impressive. 4500 different playable characters??? Wow...

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

#9. Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay --- Score: 9.3

Editor's Quote: "It's easily one of the most-impressive games on the Xbox and seems destined to be remembered as the most inspiring collaboration between Hollywood and the gaming industry yet." My Thought's: Watched the movie. Never played the game. If the game is any better then the movie, it should be a good game. I don't know though.

Rallisport Challenge 2

#10. Rallisport Challenge 2 --- Score: 8.3

Editor's Quote: "Rallisport Challenge 2 isn't just a sequel--it is easily one of the most purely pleasurable driving experiences you're likely to encounter on any platform." My Thought's: Offroad racing game's are always a blast (OK, not always). If you like Offroad Racing game's, check out the ATV: Offroad Fury series.

Now on to MY Xbox recommendations.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerBoy53

MY Xbox Recommendations:

Sorry if my list sucks. I only play Xbox at friends' houses and things like that.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Boxshot

Star Wars: Knight's of the Old Republic --- Score: 9.1

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Boxshot

Star Wars: Knight's of the Old Republic 2 --- Score: 8.5

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo: Combat Evolved --- Score: 9.7

Halo 2

Halo 2 --- Score: 9.4

Grand Theft Auto Double Pack

GTA Double Pack --- Score: 9.6

Star Wars: Battlefront Boxshot

Star Wars: Battle Front --- Score: 8.2

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction Boxshot

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction --- Score: 8.2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Boxshot

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 --- Score: 9.6

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 Boxshot

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 --- Score: 9.3

Star Wars: Battlefront II Boxshot

Star Wars: Battle Front 2 --- Score: 8.1

Sorry for my lack of taste in Xbox games. I don't even own one.

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
Ok well heres the top 5 games Id recommend to all gamers, then my picks for the systems, games wont be in order BTW PS2-TM Black, MGS 2, KH, FF12, THPS 3 My Ps2 Choices- any warriors game(DW2-5XL and SW1-2XL, not WO), KH2, FF10 or 12, DMC3, and either a ratchet or Jak game GC- Zelda WW, MGS TS, metroid prime, MP2, SC2 My GC choices- MGSTS, SC2, Megaman X Collection, Urbz (shut up i liked it :P), MP 1 or 2 Xbox- Halo, Halo 2, SW KOTOR, DOA3, Fable My Xbox Choices-SW KOTOR, SW Jedi Knight, Robotech Battlecry, DOA3, Halo 2
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerBoy53
This thread is up and running. Sorry I took over a week.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

my top 10s for xbox gc ps2

ps2

10 timespltters

9 need for speed hot pursuit 2

8 madden 2008

7 007 night fire

6 driv3r

5 driver paralel lines

4 gta 3

3 gta vice city

2 timesplitters future perfect/ 2

`1 gta san andreas

gc

10 luigis mansion

9 ssbm

8 from russia with love 007

7 everything or nothing 007

6 mariokart dd

5 super mario sunshine

4 timesplitters 2

3 agent under fire

2 call of duty 2

1 timesplitters fp

xbox

10 halo

9 project gotham racing 2

8 max payne 2

7 max payne

6 gta double pack (3 and vc)
5 driver paralel lines

4 halo 2

3 timesplitters 2

2 timesplitters future perfect

1 gta san andreas

e3li7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 e3li7e
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts

Here's my recommendations for wrestling games on all three systems!!! Not in any order....

PS2 WRESTLING GAMES

XBOX WRESTLING GAMES

GAMECUBE WRESTLING GAMES

I think the best wrestling game out of all these 3 systems would easily be Fire Pro Returns!! Check it out if you ever get a chance, if you can stand the 2d graphics. But it makes up for it in great matches and tons of CAW's to make.(500) So you can have upto 830+ wrestlers after you fill up all the spots.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Great job with this thread. This is one of the best recommendation threads I've seen.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamerBoy53
Great job with this thread. This is one of the best recommendation threads I've seen.king23_
Thanks!!!
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts
Good job, GamerBoy53.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Which Harvest moon game for the GC is the best for a newcomer to the series?
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerBoy53
Good job, GamerBoy53.ArmoredCore55
Thanks, I'm surprised so many people like it:D.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerBoy53
Which Harvest moon game for the GC is the best for a newcomer to the series?TAKE_IT_BACK
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is the simpler one IMO. I'm not sure which one is best for beginners but HM: A Wonderful Life should do.
mohamed_sherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mohamed_sherry
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Nice Work GamerBoy53. I liked It.

Gamer Tag
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Im going to grab some games for my little brother.

[PS2]
1.Ratchet and Clank
2.Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
3.Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Should I throw these two in ?

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Ratchet: Deadlocked

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerBoy53
Any R&C game is a good game. I recommend all of them. Those 2 are good.
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

^ Thanks

I got all of them for him anyway :)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

I recommend for the Gamecube

The Urbz

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles

Naruto 1 and 2

Soul Calibur II

Wind Waker

Shadow the Hedgehog

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Lego Star Wars II

and lot more others

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

No Gba games?Well awesome list though.

Is Zelda collectors addition that rare to find?Cause my Gamestor was selling it for $40.00 and there still selling it.

Also,hows Zelda four swords?

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerBoy53

Is Zelda collectors addition that rare to find?Cause my Gamestor was selling it for $40.00 and there still selling it.

SuperSmashBro1
Yes, Collectors Edition is very rare. It was only sold in a Gamecube bundle back in like 2003 for about 3 months. I own it though:). You can only find used ones now, but they don't come with a Gamecube. And I haven't tried Four Swords. It's the only console Zelda I have never played.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts

I have a few recommendations for the GameCube and PlayStation 2, no Xbox recommendations because of the fact that my only experince with an Xbox game are Halo and Halo 2, which most people recommend anyways. Anyways,

PS2:

Resident Evil 4

Metal Gear Solid 2

Ratchet and Clank series (Of the five games, I recommend either the original or Going Commando)

Sonic Mega Collection Plus

SOCOM series (between the three, I recommend SOCOM 3 the most)

Gran Turismo 3

Kingdom Hearts 1+2

GameCube:

Super Smash Bros Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Resident Evil 4

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
i give you an A for effort on the creation of the thread, but i find it to be VERY generic. if someone is looking for specific genre, ie. rpg recs rather than general recs, thier thread may be locked and they might not be able to get the best reccomendations. Someone's NES/Genesis reccomendation thread was recently locked and referred to this thread where there aren't reccomendations for either of those consoles.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GamerBoy53
i give you an A for effort on the creation of the thread, but i find it to be VERY generic. if someone is looking for specific genre, ie. rpg recs rather than general recs, thier thread may be locked and they might not be able to get the best reccomendations. Someone's NES/Genesis reccomendation thread was recently locked and referred to this thread where there aren't reccomendations for either of those consoles.sofaking_bob
Um... Sorry:oops:...
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts

I was waiting for someone to make this thread! I miss the old PS2 forum and its awesome to have this thread back.

For anyone looking for any GC game I would def recommend

Eternal Darkness

Paper Mario

Super Mario Sunshine

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Zero

as for PS2:

Fatal Frame 2 & 3

Obscure

Manhunt

Katamari Damacy

Destroy All Humans and DAH2

Ape Escape 3

Black

Def Jam Fight for NY

Burnout Takedown

God of War

God of war 2

Gran Turismo 4

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3

Okami

Rule of Rose

Resident Evil

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero and 3

Xenosaga

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerBoy53

I was waiting for someone to make this thread! I miss the old PS2 forum and its awesome to have this thread back.

kgansor
Well I've always wanted to be the author of a stickie for some reason and realized the utter DOOM of the other recommendation threads so I made this. It has all 38):P.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SuperSmashBro1
What is Soul Caliber 2 on GAMECUBE(not PS2 or any other system) like?

Like,what modes are in there,and does it have any cutscenes in it?

Cause I might just buy it since Links in it.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/1upblog2/ae43f48a.jpg

Also,is it possible to find it being sold at a store?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I can't decide what racing game to get for my PS2. Should I get GRan Turismo, Burnout Revegne, or Burnout 3 Takedown? Thanks for the advice.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sofaking_bob

What is Soul Caliber 2 on GAMECUBE(not PS2 or any other system) like?

SuperSmashBro1
it's exactly like the other 2 versions except link is a playable character.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SuperSmashBro1
[QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"]What is Soul Caliber 2 on GAMECUBE(not PS2 or any other system) like?

sofaking_bob

So hows it like though?I never played a Soul Caliber game before.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

should i get .....\

thps3(i've played it on gc,not bad)

thps2(my 1st copy got stolen and my second is messed up)

thps4(legandry)

btw. i got 12.50 =[ saving for a nex gen system.

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sofaking_bob
[QUOTE="sofaking_bob"][QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"]What is Soul Caliber 2 on GAMECUBE(not PS2 or any other system) like?

SuperSmashBro1

So hows it like though?I never played a Soul Caliber game before.

soul calibur is a weapon-based fighting game, meaning that instead of using hand to hand combat, you've got swords, and staffs and allllllll kinds of weapons to choose from. there are many modes of play on soul calibur 2. there's a story mode, a survival, a mode where you choose 4 or 5 people and your friend does the same, and you battle it out. i think there may be a tag mode also... many many to choose from. yes, there are plenty of cutscenes. if you're a fan of fighters, it should not be missed. i personally thought the gamecube version was better simply because link was in it. heihachi mishima (from tekken) takes links place on the ps2, and spawn (the comic book "hero") on the xbox. to the best of my knowledge there isn't any other difference between the three other than the xbox may be able to support it in like 480 or 720 hd.
J_Knolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 J_Knolling
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

SuperSmashBro1

four swords is fun, it plays a lot like A Link to the Past, but most of the fun comes when you play with other people, which can be hard to do, as it requuires GBAs and link cables to the GC. But when you have at least another person, Cooperativly solving zelda puzzles is loads of fun.

As for Ps2 games, i would recomend(trying not to repeat any),

Shadow of the Collosus

Ico

Xenosaga series

Digital Devil Saga

Dragon Quest 8

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I can't decide what racing game to get for my PS2. Should I get GRan Turismo, Burnout Revegne, or Burnout 3 Takedown? Thanks for the advice.HyruleanLink
So does anybody have any suggestions. I have narrowed the field between Gran Turismo 4 and Burnout 3 Takedown.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
This topic is very useful.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GamerBoy53
This topic is very useful.SSBFan12
Finally, you are actually complimenting one of my threads. You and your "What's the point of this thread again???":P.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]I can't decide what racing game to get for my PS2. Should I get GRan Turismo, Burnout Revegne, or Burnout 3 Takedown? Thanks for the advice.HyruleanLink
So does anybody have any suggestions. I have narrowed the field between Gran Turismo 4 and Burnout 3 Takedown.

Sorry I didn't respond. I recommend Gran Turismo 4 but I haven't played a Burnout game. Need for Speed games are good too... usually... As for the other guy, buy THPS4, it's the best one IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#46 64316431
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

My PS2 reccomendations:

God of War 2

Prince of Persia series

Burnout : 3 and Revenge

Shadow of the Colossus

The Matrix : path of neo

Crusty Demons

GTA series

Metal Gear Solid series

Fifa 09 (I'm a BIG football fan)

Fifa street 2

NFS series

God of War 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 64316431
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]I can't decide what racing game to get for my PS2. Should I get GRan Turismo, Burnout Revegne, or Burnout 3 Takedown? Thanks for the advice.GamerBoy53

Sorry I didn't respond. I recommend Gran Turismo 4 but I haven't played a Burnout game. Need for Speed games are good too... usually... As for the other guy, buy THPS4, it's the best one IMO.

I recommend Burnout

Depends on what you want actually, Gran Turismo is a simulation while Burnout is well.... Burnout.

You could call it an arcade but that would be too much of an understatement

You have to play it to beleive it

TheWampaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheWampaKing
Member since 2008 • 278 Posts
What about DS? and PSP? And PC? And Wii??!?!?!?!?!
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerBoy53
What about DS? and PSP? And PC? And Wii??!?!?!?!?!TheWampaKing
DS, PSP and Wii are all Next Gen consoles/handhelds. Right now we are in the magical kingdom of Legacy Platforms. As for PC, it's not really a gaming device, just a hugely complex machine capable of playing games.
HyenaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 HyenaGamer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Gamecube games....I need recommendations!

I'm a huge Pokemon and Harvest Moon fan, but I dislike A Wonderful Life and Colleseum. Right now I have Pokemon XD and HM: Magical Melody. I love these games, but is there anything similar to them that's not real time (like Animal Crossing)? I have a job and night school so it has to be something I can pick up and play even after months of no gaming.

That was long-winded.