Legacy games that are considered bad but you like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Judge-Correct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Judge-Correct
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts
For thy, it would be Bubsy, Mario 2, which is the best mario game to thy, Dragon Warrior 7, Mortal Kombat 4, Clay Fighter games, really entertaining, Dynamite Heady, Blinx the cat, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Gradius 4, True Crime, Burnour Paradise among others.
WillisTron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WillisTron1
Member since 2012 • 71 Posts

I think Street Fighter 2010 is one of the most underrated games ever... the music, visuals, and gameplay are all perfect in my opinion, but it gets a lot of hate for some reason.

Also while not a legacy game, I very much enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, which was just pummeled in the press.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

How many alts do you have, 48?

Over 9000? :P

I kinda like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on SNES.

They may be crappy compared to the better versions but have a certain "charm" to me.

Oh, and Superman 64.

Dat flying thru rings in kinda hypnotizing... :P

TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TommyBarban
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

At the top of my hat, Bubsy for the Jaguar and Krazy Ivan for the PSX.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

For thy, it would be Bubsy, Mario 2, which is the best mario game to thy, Dragon Warrior 7, Mortal Kombat 4, Clay Fighter games, really entertaining, Dynamite Heady, Blinx the cat, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Gradius 4, True Crime, Burnour Paradise among others.Judge-Correct

Mario 2, Shadow Hearts, Burnout Paradise, and Final Fantasy XII are not considered bad, especially not FFXII, which has an 92% metacritic score. In spite of the FF fans who dislike it, FFXII is widely considered to be a quality title.

It puzzles me why so many people will answer a question with games that simply don't apply.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreySeal9

How many alts do you have, 48?

Over 9000? :P

I kinda like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on SNES.

They may be crappy compared to the better versions but have a certain "charm" to me.

Oh, and Superman 64.

Dat flying thru rings in kinda hypnotizing... :P

nameless12345

That explains the TC's ridiculous examples of what is considered "bad".

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

It's not bad, but I love Tobal No.1 when many others have sort of deemed it mediocre.

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Twisted Metal III and Twisted Metal IV. The stories did suck, but the game play was some of the best, imho.
MudoSkills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MudoSkills
Member since 2012 • 362 Posts
Clayfighter 63 1/3 is nowhere near as bad as everyone said it was at the time. I picked it up dirt cheap maybe a year or so after it came out and had a blast with it.
Judge-Correct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Judge-Correct

[QUOTE="Judge-Correct"]For thy, it would be Bubsy, Mario 2, which is the best mario game to thy, Dragon Warrior 7, Mortal Kombat 4, Clay Fighter games, really entertaining, Dynamite Heady, Blinx the cat, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Gradius 4, True Crime, Burnour Paradise among others.GreySeal9

Mario 2, Shadow Hearts, Burnout Paradise, and Final Fantasy XII are not considered bad, especially not FFXII, which has an 92% metacritic score. In spite of the FF fans who dislike it, FFXII is widely considered to be a quality title.

It puzzles me why so many people will answer a question with games that simply don't apply.

So thou claims that Final Fantasy XII is not claimed to be bad then says that fans claim it's bad? Thine Final Fantasy fans influence what non-fans by into the series, this has always been a trend. Look at the latest XIII games, fans have sought thou beliefs, and it prevented good sales. Burnout Paradise is constantly told to be the worst in the series. Mario 2 is considered bad, I am refering to the easily buried American version. Shadow Hearts is considered sub par, and it lost Midway tons of money to publish. But at least Thou agree with the others. By Thy do not like Thous attempt at instigating.
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

The Getaway

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Judge-Correct"]For thy, it would be Bubsy, Mario 2, which is the best mario game to thy, Dragon Warrior 7, Mortal Kombat 4, Clay Fighter games, really entertaining, Dynamite Heady, Blinx the cat, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Gradius 4, True Crime, Burnour Paradise among others.Judge-Correct

So thou claims that Final Fantasy XII is not claimed to be bad then says that fans claim it's bad? Thine Final Fantasy fans influence what non-fans by into the series, this has always been a trend. Look at the latest XIII games, fans have sought thou beliefs, and it prevented good sales. Burnout Paradise is constantly told to be the worst in the series. Mario 2 is considered bad, I am refering to the easily buried American version. Shadow Hearts is considered sub par, and it lost Midway tons of money to publish. But at least Thou agree with the others. By Thy do not like Thous attempt at instigating.

I didn't say all FF fans dislike it, just some of them (not to mention that disliking a game doesn't always mean you think it is bad; I dislike God of War, but I don't think it is bad), and Mario 2 was considered mediocre compared to the rest of the series, but not bad. Bad is too strong a word.

As for Burnout, just because it is considered the worst in the series doesn't mean it's considered "bad".

But anyway, I'm not really going to continue to argue with you about this since I think you're pretty unstable (I mean, what normal person makes all these alts?).

Also, your thou gimmick is not even slightly clever.

Judge-Correct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Judge-Correct

[QUOTE="Judge-Correct"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

I didn't say all FF fans dislike it, just some of them (not to mention that disliking a game doesn't mean you think it is bad; I dislike God of War, but I don't think it is bad), and Mario 2 was considered mediocre compared to the rest of the series, but not bad. Bad is too strong a word.

As for Burnout, just because it is considered the worst in the series doesn't mean it's considered "bad".

But anyway, I'm not really going to continue to argue with you about this since I think you're pretty unstable (I mean, what normal person makes all these alts?).

Most FF fans dislike Xii, and that had led to Xii's lack of thine sales. Thy say bad because the surrounding reputation prevents people from even trying thine game. Thou seems to just be trying to inflate an argument by nitpicking for no reason as a Final Fantasy trool, because thou has a different opinion(even though Thy have stated that I enjoyed XII) you aggressively jump in thy face and insult? Also alts? Gimmick? Thou is an idiot, just accept other peoples thoughts. You are clearly the mentally unstable one if Thou needs to instigate an argument and throw insults in a topic not about debate for no clear reason that thouest has seen. Thou obviously has medication issues. Or will Thou come back and call more names for no reason?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Judge-Correct"] So thou claims that Final Fantasy XII is not claimed to be bad then says that fans claim it's bad? Thine Final Fantasy fans influence what non-fans by into the series, this has always been a trend. Look at the latest XIII games, fans have sought thou beliefs, and it prevented good sales. Burnout Paradise is constantly told to be the worst in the series. Mario 2 is considered bad, I am refering to the easily buried American version. Shadow Hearts is considered sub par, and it lost Midway tons of money to publish. But at least Thou agree with the others. By Thy do not like Thous attempt at instigating.Judge-Correct

I didn't say all FF fans dislike it, just some of them (not to mention that disliking a game doesn't mean you think it is bad; I dislike God of War, but I don't think it is bad), and Mario 2 was considered mediocre compared to the rest of the series, but not bad. Bad is too strong a word.

Most FF fans dislike Xii, and that had led to Xii's lack of thine sales. Thy say bad because the surrounding reputation prevents people from even trying thine game. Thou seems to just be trying to inflate an argument by nitpicking for no reason as a Final Fantasy trool, because thou has a different opinion(even though Thy have stated that I enjoyed XII) you aggressively jump in thy face and insult? Also alts? Gimmick? Thou is an idiot, just accept other peoples thoughts. You are clearly the mentally unstable one if Thou needs to instigate an argument and throw insults in a topic not about debate for no clear reason that thouest has seen. Thou obviously has medication issues. Or will Thou come back and call more names for no reason?

I actually don't mind being called an idiot by someone whose most likely miserable existence hinges on making alt accounts on a retro gaming board.  Step away from the keyboard for your own sake. :lol:

Judge-Correct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Judge-Correct

GreySeal9

I actually don't mind being called an idiot by someone whose most likely miserable existence hinges on making alt accounts on a retro gaming board.  Step away from the keyboard for your own sake. :lol:

Reported. thou just posted in this thread to troll. I also post in other places, you posted in my off-topic, so thou lies are exposed. Did your parents forget to send you outside?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Judge-Correct"] Most FF fans dislike Xii, and that had led to Xii's lack of thine sales. Thy say bad because the surrounding reputation prevents people from even trying thine game. Thou seems to just be trying to inflate an argument by nitpicking for no reason as a Final Fantasy trool, because thou has a different opinion(even though Thy have stated that I enjoyed XII) you aggressively jump in thy face and insult? Also alts? Gimmick? Thou is an idiot, just accept other peoples thoughts. You are clearly the mentally unstable one if Thou needs to instigate an argument and throw insults in a topic not about debate for no clear reason that thouest has seen. Thou obviously has medication issues. Or will Thou come back and call more names for no reason?Judge-Correct

Reported.

Oh the horror!

Judge-Correct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Judge-Correct

GreySeal9

Reported.

Oh the horror!

Why does thou continue to troll the thread?
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I've got a few. I was a poor growing up, and the habit of being a cheapskate has followed me into adulthood even though I'm doing better than my parents were then. So I experienced a LOT of bargain-bin games and random used games:

• Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - The black sheep of the Castlevania series. I always see this one people's lists of bad NES games. The biggest complaints being some of the cryptic clues, and the other big one being the stupid nightfall sections. I definetly can't argue with the nightfall sections, I really could have done without those. But crytic clues never were an issue for me since I had Nintendo Power then, which covered this game (wish I would have held on to those issues, found the Super Mario World issue in a closet years later and have it, though!). Even if not, I'm sure someone at school could have told me, as was the common way to find out video game hints back in the day. And nowadays there's the internet. The reason I liked it so much was the added RPG-elements and open-world (as far as 2D platformers go) feel of the game.

• Eternal Champions (Genesis) - I love the style of this game. Different warriors from different eras in time battle each other in a tournament, and whoever wins may reverse their impending death that they were plucked from. Each character is unique, and has a very comic book feel to them. And the graphics are pretty cool looking as far as Geneiss games go. The environments are also pretty cool since they're all from other eras. And it's got one of the most comprehensive manuals I've ever seen in a game.

• Final Fight (SNES) - The game itself isn't bad, just the SNES port specifically gets a lot of crap, and it's the only version I have played other than the arcade many years ago a kid.

• Home Alone (SNES) - Just a generic licensed game. But for some reason, the item collection gameplay of the game just hooked me.

• Hook (SNES) - Another generic licensed game. But I really loved the movie when it came out (I still own the VHS). And this game did have some pretty nice looking graphics for the time. So I played the heck out of it.

• The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - I hear a lot of people talk crap about this game. People say it's too different from other Zelda games and it should have never strayed from the formula. Well, it was only the 2nd game in the series (as in the first sequel), there really wasn't any "formula" to follow yet. I'm glad the series did return to it's roots afterwards. But I still love this entry in the series. Great combination of action and RPG elements for one of the most fun, and most challenging experiences on the NES.

• Raiden Trad (SNES) - Again, like Final Fight in my list, I'm referring the SNES port specifically. I've heard it get a lot crap for missing areas. Can't argue with that. But I'd personally rather deal with that than the tinny sound of the Genesis version of the completely unexciting explosion noise it makes compared to the bass-y sounding explosions on the SNES version.

• RoboWarrior (NES) - A lot of people say it's a crappy Bomberman wannabe. But I played this before I had ever played Bomberman. So this was my first experience with this sort of gameplay and it was a blast (see what I did there?).

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (U.S.) (NES) - Most people like to point to it and say "It's not even really a Mario game." And they're not wrong. But that doesn't make it a bad game. It's still one of the best platformers on the NES (granted SMB 1 & 3 are both better, though).

• Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) - People seem to hate this entry in the Mario series. I feel that's just because it's different. It's still a great game with some great platforming and level design, some fantastic music, and some of the best looking graphics on the Gamecube.

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - I know it's a bad game. Bad graphics. Some glitchy, slowdown sections. And all kinds of generic enemies that I've never seen in the comics or cartoon. Yet I still played the heck out of it because it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I was addicted to the cartoon at that age. And the opening intro is still one of the coolest ever on the NES.

There's a lot more I could talk about, but that seems like plenty for now.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I kinda like Aero the Acrobat and even Castlevania 64. Dynamite Duke was a far as I go.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Off the top of my head: Sonic 3D Blast for the PC.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Tales of Legendia is often labeled as the worst game in the Tales series, but I think it's really good.

Its battle system may have been a step in the wrong direction and the random encounters may have been frustrating.

But I still thought the battle system is quite fun despite being a little worse.

Where ToL redeems itself is in its atmosphere. The art-style, setting, character design, character development and soundtrack are all incredible.

ToL has the absolute best atmosphere out of any game I've ever played. This game is proof of how games shouldn't rely on nothing but gameplay, but every design aspect. When everything comes together nicely, you've got yourself an unforgettable experience.

I hate it when people say games shouldn't have stories because they think it's all about the gameplay. They'll skip through cutscenes just to power through the game. They don't give two sh*ts about the plot, the character development or the music. So they don't pay those aspects of video games too much attention. I feel really bad for those people. They sure are missing out.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreySeal9

Tales of Legendia is often labeled as the worst game in the Tales series, but I think it's really good.

Its battle system may have been a step in the wrong direction and the random encounters may have been frustrating.

But I still thought the battle system is quite fun despite being a little worse.

Where ToL redeems itself is in its atmosphere. The art-style, setting, character design, character development and soundtrack are all incredible.

ToL has the absolute best atmosphere out of any game I've ever played. This game is proof of how games shouldn't rely on nothing but gameplay, but every design aspect. When everything comes together nicely, you've got yourself an unforgettable experience.

I hate it when people say games shouldn't have stories because they think it's all about the gameplay. They'll skip through cutscenes just to power through the game. They don't give two sh*ts about the plot, the character development or the music. So they don't pay those aspects of video games too much attention. I feel really bad for those people. They sure are missing out.

GeoffZak

People do that when playing RPGs?

If someone is skipping the story in RPGs, I think they should consider playing a different genre.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. Digimon World 3. Eternal Eyes isn't well known but it's known not to be very good but I liked it. There's a good number of titles I've liked that others just don't see the appeal of
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I've got a few. I was a poor growing up, and the habit of being a cheapskate has followed me into adulthood even though I'm doing better than my parents were then. So I experienced a LOT of bargain-bin games and random used games:

• Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - The black sheep of the Castlevania series. I always see this one people's lists of bad NES games. The biggest complaints being some of the cryptic clues, and the other big one being the stupid nightfall sections. I definetly can't argue with the nightfall sections, I really could have done without those. But crytic clues never were an issue for me since I had Nintendo Power then, which covered this game (wish I would have held on to those issues, found the Super Mario World issue in a closet years later and have it, though!). Even if not, I'm sure someone at school could have told me, as was the common way to find out video game hints back in the day. And nowadays there's the internet. The reason I liked it so much was the added RPG-elements and open-world (as far as 2D platformers go) feel of the game.

• Eternal Champions (Genesis) - I love the style of this game. Different warriors from different eras in time battle each other in a tournament, and whoever wins may reverse their impending death that they were plucked from. Each character is unique, and has a very comic book feel to them. And the graphics are pretty cool looking as far as Geneiss games go. The environments are also pretty cool since they're all from other eras. And it's got one of the most comprehensive manuals I've ever seen in a game.

• Final Fight (SNES) - The game itself isn't bad, just the SNES port specifically gets a lot of crap, and it's the only version I have played other than the arcade many years ago a kid.

• Home Alone (SNES) - Just a generic licensed game. But for some reason, the item collection gameplay of the game just hooked me.

• Hook (SNES) - Another generic licensed game. But I really loved the movie when it came out (I still own the VHS). And this game did have some pretty nice looking graphics for the time. So I played the heck out of it.

• The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - I hear a lot of people talk crap about this game. People say it's too different from other Zelda games and it should have never strayed from the formula. Well, it was only the 2nd game in the series (as in the first sequel), there really wasn't any "formula" to follow yet. I'm glad the series did return to it's roots afterwards. But I still love this entry in the series. Great combination of action and RPG elements for one of the most fun, and most challenging experiences on the NES.

• Raiden Trad (SNES) - Again, like Final Fight in my list, I'm referring the SNES port specifically. I've heard it get a lot crap for missing areas. Can't argue with that. But I'd personally rather deal with that than the tinny sound of the Genesis version of the completely unexciting explosion noise it makes compared to the bass-y sounding explosions on the SNES version.

• RoboWarrior (NES) - A lot of people say it's a crappy Bomberman wannabe. But I played this before I had ever played Bomberman. So this was my first experience with this sort of gameplay and it was a blast (see what I did there?).

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (U.S.) (NES) - Most people like to point to it and say "It's not even really a Mario game." And they're not wrong. But that doesn't make it a bad game. It's still one of the best platformers on the NES (granted SMB 1 & 3 are both better, though).

• Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) - People seem to hate this entry in the Mario series. I feel that's just because it's different. It's still a great game with some great platforming and level design, some fantastic music, and some of the best looking graphics on the Gamecube.

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - I know it's a bad game. Bad graphics. Some glitchy, slowdown sections. And all kinds of generic enemies that I've never seen in the comics or cartoon. Yet I still played the heck out of it because it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I was addicted to the cartoon at that age. And the opening intro is still one of the coolest ever on the NES.

There's a lot more I could talk about, but that seems like plenty for now.

Emerald_Warrior

I like every game you listed with the one possible exclusion being Home Alone. Although I love the first two movies... lol

This kind of topic is hard for me to come up with a list... I tried, but I was simply listing hidden gems and personal favorites that are less known to most people... The problem is that I have not played many games that I didnt get some sort of fun out of.

The list of games in my just plain "bad" list is very small making it hard for me to do this.

I will list some games in my own collection that got low scores of a 6 or below on gamespot that I really enjoyed.

My all time favorite two JRPG's Breath of Fire II (SNES) and Breath of Fire III (PS) recieved scores in the 6 zone... I gave them BOTH perfect scores 10/10

Driver (PS2) scored a 5 I would give it more like an 8 (A 5? Really... Maybe not an all time classic but a 5/10 is a 50%.... thats an F in my book... This game is easily a B or C.

Double Dribble (NES) got a 5 I gave it a 7.5 (I mean come on, this was the first game to show a preview of what cut scene graphics could do!!! A true glimpse of the future and a fun game as well.

Most of the Dynasty Warrior games and variations scored between a 5-6 range and I gave them scores in the 7-9 range. (As a series overall, this is the most under rated of all time... People complain about things being to repetitive, however, games in the CoD franchise dont change and get WAY to high of scores... I calling BS. This series and KOEI remains true to its loyal fans and for that I commend them as one of the greatest game developers of all time! Also the games are all good, and have a lot of replay and depth if actualy given a chance... My guess is that most people who ever played one of them put the game on easy and tore through the enemy ranks like a hot knofe through butter. However these games really shine at much higher difficulty levels.

Evil Dead a Fist Full of Boomstick (PS2) got a score of 5 and for whatever the reason I only gave it a 7.5. However this still remains one of my personal under rated games of all time!

Fighting Force (PS) recieved a 5 and I gave it an 8. This is one of my favorite beat em ups of all time. Easily one of my favorite PS games as well.. too bad it was so short. However that is not how I judge a game. I judge games based of of what they have to offer during their playtime regardless of length. This is an enjoyable game with what had at the time some pretty cool gimmicks in game that hadnt really been seen too much outside of the arcades.

Galaga (NES) This game recieved a 5? One of the all time classics... hands down. Retro classic bad ass game meter? 10/10

The Legend of Dragoon (PS) scored a 6, my score 9. This is a classic example of graphics aren't everything! A great game that often gets dogged for having underwhelming graphics... Oh freakin well... that doesnt take away from the games brilliance! I still hope one day we will see a sequel!

Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) got a 3 while my score was only a 6, the game wasnt THAT bad.

Milon's Secret Castle (NES) 2? Yes it was hard, and I dont like to use any strategy guides either, however I am sure this game made the Nintendo hotline back in the day a FORTUNE... I know they got some money from my parents when I was a kid... lol my score 7/10

Nes Play Action Football (NES) 4 my score 6.5 although I should have gone a little higher. One of my all time favorite football games. In fact probably number two only to NFL 2K5.

Shining Tears (PS2) There score 6 my score 8.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) GS score 2 my score 7. I played the heck out of this game as a kid. I still play it to this day from time to time. I have beat this game countless times playing fairly without any game genie or codes. If you master the water level and execute Donatello and Leonardo right, this game is MUCH easier than people make it out to be. It is also a fun game imo.

That is about it I guess. I know that there are many many other games that I disagree with others about, but there are so many that these will have to do for now. 8)

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Emerald_Warrior

Fighting Force (PS) recieved a 5 and I gave it an 8. This is one of my favorite beat em ups of all time. Easily one of my favorite PS games as well.. too bad it was so short. However that is not how I judge a game. I judge games based of of what they have to offer during their playtime regardless of length. This is an enjoyable game with what had at the time some pretty cool gimmicks in game that hadnt really been seen too much outside of the arcades.

WitIsWisdom

I loved that game too! Great PS1 game that was simply a victim of burnout. Most gamers were sick of beat-em ups when it came out, because beat-em ups completly dominated the SNES and Genesis scene during the early 90s.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

919003_26797_thumb.jpg

Yes it's basically Scalextric for the PS2 and you don't have any steering of the traditional sense. But it's fun in a simplistic way. Okay it's not more than a 7/10 game, but certainly more than the 4-5 that usually gets levelled at it.

556047_4110_thumb.jpg

It's a lesser version of Twisted Metal Black. But again not bad enough to warrant the 4/10 scoring. It's less demanding than TMB and is often welcomed as a warm-up or cool down to that particular blastathon.

939804_92009_thumb.jpg

Perhaps not completely on-topic as it's not considered bad per-se, just cited as the worst in the series. WRONG! Second only to Porsche 2000 in the NFS series for me. No silly distractions like cops and stuff just good tracks, great cars, excellent customisations and decent handling.

-

And lastly a 2008 game that was released in 2011. I think it juuuust about scrapes through as Legacy PC!

448848_49503_thumb.jpg

Kevin VanOrd; you're a fool! I'm calling you out for the most repulsive act of game-hate in Gamespot history!

And that goes for all the other critics who based their entire reviews on the 13 year wait for the game. Everyone got hung-up on "is it worth a 13 year wait, what's broken?" and completely forgot to review the game for what it is.

A modern Duke, faithful to what we loved about Duke3D and an EXCELLENT experience from start to finish.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

^ Duke Forever should have came out in 2001/2002, imo.

Back then it actually looked attractive and "cool", but nowadays...

The three versions of the game (i.e. 1997 build, 2001 build, 2007 build) could be basically three *seperate* games.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

^ Duke Forever should have came out in 2001/2002, imo.

Back then it actually looked attractive and "cool", but nowadays...

The three versions of the game (i.e. 1997 build, 2001 build, 2007 build) could be basically three *seperate* games.

nameless12345

Yes indeed. I forgot the guy's name but, the project lead at 3D Realms basically trashed and restarted the game a few times at great cost because he always wanted the latest ideas included. When what he should've done every time is finished what he had, got it out on shelves to generate income THEN started afresh.

I hope he's no longer in the industry.

Each earlier iteration of the game has looked fantastic for the period. The actual DNF released was more like the 6th game in the series, we just didn't get a chance to try 4 or 5.

It's not perfect obviously, being limited to 2 weapons in any game is über-lame, though i've just discovered a patch was released to fix this flaw. WIN! Hello reinstall.. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Psx Phantom Menace
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#30 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

Driver

driver2_1113_screen001.jpg

Rampage World Tour

RampageWorldTour.gif

Rugrats: Search for Reptar

6795.jpg

The Bouncer

3300b00d5e270b944bba4bf002c86a9a13284926

Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside

nba_courtside_2_featuring_kobe_bryant.jp

Super Mario Bros 2

220px-Smb2_comparison.png

Legacy of Goku

dragon-ball-z-the-legacy-of-goku-2005050

Captain America and the Avengers

1051811339.jpg

Yugioh Dark Duel Stories

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR05GnEkMR_ttBAagqYXuh

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Ghost Recon on the PS2

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Driver

driver2_1113_screen001.jpg

Rampage World Tour

RampageWorldTour.gif

Rugrats: Search for Reptar

6795.jpg

The Bouncer

3300b00d5e270b944bba4bf002c86a9a13284926

Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside

nba_courtside_2_featuring_kobe_bryant.jp

Super Mario Bros 2

220px-Smb2_comparison.png

Legacy of Goku

dragon-ball-z-the-legacy-of-goku-2005050

Captain America and the Avengers

1051811339.jpg

Yugioh Dark Duel Stories

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR05GnEkMR_ttBAagqYXuh

dbz987

Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside is one of my all time favorite basketball games, and Captain America and the Avengers is a very solid beat em up. It gets pretty tough, and I'm not sure if I actually ever beat the game or not, but it is enjoyabale. I guess I'll have to go put it in and beat it just to make sure.... lol

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Shadow Gate on NES

Destiny of an Emporer NES

FFXI PC

Spike Mcfang SNES

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

Emerald_Warrior

I loved that game too! Great PS1 game that was simply a victim of burnout. Most gamers were sick of beat-em ups when it came out, because beat-em ups completly dominated the SNES and Genesis scene during the early 90s.

Ah a blast from the past..I loved the hell out of that game.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

Not so much a game as a platform but the Sega CD. It's seems often viewed as the start of Sega's downward spiral. There are some decent 16-bit era games on it besides Sonic CD though.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emerald_Warrior

Not so much a game as a platform but the Sega CD. It's seems often viewed as the start of Sega's downward spiral. There are some decent 16-bit era games on it besides Sonic CD though.

Exceed20XX

Ports of games already on Genesis or SNES (albeit usually with a better soundtrack), the far too expensive RPGs, a few really good shoot-em ups, and Sonic CD. That pretty much sums it up for Sega CD, IMO.

A few years ago I would have suggested to everyone to get one. It was still cheap enough to justify the library. Nowadays, though, the price of Sega CD has shot up to the point that it's really not worth getting one unless your get a good deal one, IMO

And then there's the issue of finding one in good working order. Mine and my best friend's Model 2's lasers burnt out on us, and a lens cleaning didn't help. Yet my emulator on my XBox still read the discs fine. I've also heard that a lot of Model 1's disc-alignments are failing at this point from other collector's that have them.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
For thy, it would be Bubsy, Mario 2, which is the best mario game to thy, Dragon Warrior 7, Mortal Kombat 4, Clay Fighter games, really entertaining, Dynamite Heady, Blinx the cat, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Gradius 4, True Crime, Burnour Paradise among others.Judge-Correct
Bubsy as well... a lot of people hate it but I happen to love the difficulty of it. Charmillion Twist 2... Honestly I don't get the hate. Yes, its frustrating at times and it isn't flawed, but I feel its unique gameplay more then makes up for it. Mario Sunshine as well, if thats considered bad... it does get a lot of hate.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I enjoyed Blinx, but I think it got panned critically.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I enjoyed Blinx, but I think it got panned critically.Allicrombie
I thought it was all over the place, review-wise. People keep naming games that were considered good--I liked the Star Wars fighting game.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#40 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Bokosuka Wars.

The NES port is bad, but the original PC version is a surprising good proto-RTS/TRPG for its time.

XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
Army Men Sarge's Heroes. I used to really enjoy playing the Army Men games although I don't think they were critically received well.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
Blinx
Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts

939804_92009_thumb.jpg

Perhaps not completely on-topic as it's not considered bad per-se, just cited as the worst in the series. WRONG! Second only to Porsche 2000 in the NFS series for me. No silly distractions like cops and stuff just good tracks, great cars, excellent customisations and decent handling.

-

BarbaricAvatar

I always wonder if my experience of this game is tainted due to playing it on the wii, with the tilt to turn thing built into it.

PokeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PokeCrysis
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts
Even though "Super-Man 64" was actually a terrible game from a technical perspective I really enjoyed it because after a while you learn to laugh at the glitches and flaws that somehow got into the finished product.
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Twisted Metal: Head-On for PSP. Need For Speed: Carbon for Xbox360.
PokeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PokeCrysis
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts
[QUOTE="Dexter-010"] Need For Speed: Carbon for Xbox360.

I actually didn't even know that carbon was considered bad. I have the collectors edition 4 deh ladEEz.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#49 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

driv3r driver paralel lines mario party 7   are all on the top of my list   driv3r blew away gta vc/3  ,   -the car damage and physics where great i loved runnning from the police in driv3r more then gta cause in gta the police were stupid,  and lol  the cars drove like they were on iceÂ