Last Guardian release date may be coming soon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

As we already mentioned yesterday the Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu just published a sizable article titled “The Truth on 2014′s Rumors,” and the feature actually includes an interesting snippet about The Last Guardian.

Famitsu’s editors pinged Sony Computer Entertainment on whether the game will ever be released, and they learned, as we already knew, that the publisher is looking for the best chance to announce the title again. In addition to that Sony also specified that if development continues as planned new information and a release date could be coming soon.

Of course “soon” in The Last Guarian terms may be in 2024… but Famitsu judges the information believable, so maybe there’s hope.

That said, the same article also judged the rumor of a new Demon’s Souls in development at Sony not believable just because Sony told them that they have nothing to announce on the topic, which is the standard “no comment” reply Sony always gives.

Just to give an example about that kind of reply, it’s exactly the same reply given about the now confirmed PS4 version of The Last of Us, a few weeks ago. Does it ring a bell?

Maybe Famitsu should take that kind of comment a little less seriously.

[Thanks for the tip: Masaru Aoyama]

This may be good news or just total bs. I really hope it's true though

Link

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

This is great news - PS3 owners are just as starved for new games as they were when The Last Guardian was first announced!

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Taken from SW. I lost all faith in it's release some time ago.

@Namgis said:

Would have been vastly more interested in '10. At this point, I'm buying it in the $4.99 and under bins. If it ever sees the light of day, that is.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i give them more credit in the rumor department for not taking the possibility of a new demons' souls seriously :P

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I love the past work of Team Ico so if The Last Guardian ever comes, I'll be there on day one provided it lives up to the original vision but I doubt it will happen.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

it's coming out on the 21st

of never

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

I love the past work of Team Ico so if The Last Guardian ever comes, I'll be there on day one provided it lives up to the original vision but I doubt it will happen.

i really hope that aswell