Last game you beat, and your thoughts?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I just finished Brutal Legend. I had a lot of fun with it. I'm normally not a fan of metal music, so I wasn't sure how I'd be able to take it, but the soundtrack was actually pretty damn good. I enjoyed most of the game, but there were some rough spots like wonky glitches and poor AI. Great story, funny writing, terrific voice acting (OZZY OSBOURNE!). If you never played this game, you really should, especially if you like Tim Schaefer games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts

I really enjoyed Brutal Legend but the RTS segments almost ruined the game for me.

The last game that I beat was Batman: Arkham Knight on the Xbox One. The game was fantastic. Excellent graphics, a really good story, and great gameplay. It could have used some better boss fights though but I loved it. 9.5/10

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

DA.I fantastic game i give it 9/10

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Alex839
Member since 2015 • 151 Posts

Can`t threads like "what are you playing at the moment" & "Last game you beat" be stickied?

I haven`t actually beat it but i`m pretty close to finishing Dirt 3. Was expecting a bit more tbh, not bad or anything, it`s just that there are only a small amount of tracks to choose from. And i could be wrong but i think the original Colin McRae Rally had better handling & physics engine than this game.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

TLOU Remastered

I don't see much of a difference from the PS3 version. It was fun to playthrough again though.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Borderlands on PC. It was better than I thought it would be.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

I just beat Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and I have to say even though the actual tomb raiding only served as small, optional breaks from the story, the game was pretty great., even the second time around. I am now ready for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I've started and quit a lot more games this last year and finished nothing. The last game i actually finished was probably Wolfenstein New Order last year, i almost gave up on it since i lost interest in it about half way in but got it done.

I'm playing Witcher 3 right now but at a super slow pace, its been boring so far but once i get more in i think i should be fine, just the first 3+ hrs have been painfully dull... but not as bad as the second game.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

AC Unity - held off on it until most of the bugs were ironed out. Not bad but nothing special as the missions were fairly uninspiring but some of the online play was ok - definitely a step backwards from Black Flag. 6/10.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@xanatos357 said:

I just beat Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and I have to say even though the actual tomb raiding only served as small, optional breaks from the story, the game was pretty great., even the second time around. I am now ready for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Last game I finished was Old Blood and just before it was TR2013 that I founded 2 years late.

I found out how rewarding it is to finish such a great game at a very hard difficulty level. I've finish it at Uber and this was so cool.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah I'm with Alex..... theres a bunch if reoccurring threads that need to be Stickied..... I mean why even have the feature if you're not even going to use it on the very thing it would work best for.

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alex839

Threads like these seem to pop up once in a while & then disappear, just sticky the damn thing & keep one of them :p

Does Gamespot have or even had a screenshot thread? If not it would be nice to create one for people who like that sort of thing.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Hmmm....recently, I beat Bloodborne again for one of the endings. Still my favorite game of 2015. Love the vicious combat, the interesting lore, the setting, and the amazing level design. I haven't played Batman: Arkham Knight or The Witcher 3 yet, but even still, Bloodborne will remain in my top 3 either way.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

the last game i finished is far cry 4, to be honest the game did not reach my expectations , agreed the visuals are breath taking, game play have many new elements which makes the game play fun, but as the game progresses the same things keep repeating, which causes u to lose interest in the game. despite of all these they could have made the game more interesting and addictive if they had put up a good story. the story of the game is quite simply Boring !!! i would give it an 8 out of 10

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Brutal legends is a great game considering the budget it was made on.

Anyways the last game i beat was first episode of Life is Strange, a decent episodic title that keeps it more open than Telltale´s but seem to lack the quality in its writing , stil a decent title and i will be playing the rest of the episodes, opposite Telltale it seems to be a better idea to wait tho until all are out.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

War for the Overworld. Get past the glitches and it's a fun story mode, it's mid-tier difficulty. For a successor to Dungeon Keeper I'd rate it like this.

Deeper Dungeons> Dungeon Keeper2> War for the Overworld> Dungeon Keeper.

I only rate the original lowest because the level structure balance is broken. Converting your strongest warrior from level to level is op in the original game.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JustPlainLucas

@CTR360 said:

DA.I fantastic game i give it 9/10

Dragon Age: Inquisition I assume?

@gamerguru100 said:

TLOU Remastered

I don't see much of a difference from the PS3 version. It was fun to playthrough again though.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I loved TLOU, but I didn't think the remaster was worth buying the game again.

@xanatos357 said:

I can only hope they do a better job with the tombs.

@drspoon said:

AC Unity - held off on it until most of the bugs were ironed out. Not bad but nothing special as the missions were fairly uninspiring but some of the online play was ok - definitely a step backwards from Black Flag. 6/10.

Yeah, it was hard to really enjoy this game coming off Black Flag. I wish they'd slow down on making the AC games every year.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Yeah I'm with Alex..... theres a bunch if reoccurring threads that need to be Stickied..... I mean why even have the feature if you're not even going to use it on the very thing it would work best for.

Since you are in the thread, please feel free to participate. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Finished Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3 which was excellent, my favorite in the series now, and I need to replay it for the true ending.

Also finished Dragon Age 2, I liked it not as much as Origins, not even close but it was good.

Next is finishing up Evil Within then into Dragon Age Inquisition

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Think it was GTAV next gen. Never got around to finishing it on ps3, so thought id give it another go on ps4. Loved the first person mode and the online mode was fun with friends for a while.

Feels like im getting pretty close to finishing dying light which im playing through atm.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Finished "The Fall" on Xbone yesterday... great little game. Cool story.

Solid 7/10.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamerguru100

@JustPlainLucas: I luckily got it for free alongside my PS4. Total was $390.

Aaron_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Aaron_R
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts

The last game i beat was batman arkham knight, loved the game but it was lack of boss battle and the tank battle was a little bit too much for me but it was challenging because i didn't upgrade my bat mobile a lot. Overall i really enjoyed the game, i'm curious too see what's rocksteady working on now.

TheSeptopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheSeptopus
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

NiGHTS into Dreams. meh.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

advanced warfare - actually really enjoyed it. i hadn't played a cod campaign since black ops so i think taking a five year break really helped. spacey really helped sell the hollywood / michael bay feel. it also doesn't get enough appreciation for its graphics. some moments were truly spectacular

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alex839

@aaron_r said:

The last game i beat was batman arkham knight, loved the game but it was lack of boss battle and the tank battle was a little bit too much for me but it was challenging because i didn't upgrade my bat mobile a lot. Overall i really enjoyed the game, i'm curious too see what's rocksteady working on now.

They are working on fixing PC version :p

You probably meant about their next game. Arkham Asylum was one of the best games from last gen but City was a let down for me, still, it will be interesting to see their new game, eventually.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerguru100

@Macutchi said:

advanced warfare - actually really enjoyed it. i hadn't played a cod campaign since black ops so i think taking a five year break really helped. spacey really helped sell the hollywood / michael bay feel. it also doesn't get enough appreciation for its graphics. some moments were truly spectacular

Its campaign was better than Ghosts' campaign. Thank God. Ghosts' campaign is like four hours long and is half cutscenes.

Aaron_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 Aaron_R
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts

@alex839:

@alex839 said:
@aaron_r said:

They are working on fixing PC version :p

You probably meant about their next game. Arkham Asylum was one of the best games from last gen but City was a let down for me, still, it will be interesting to see their new game, eventually.

Yeah haha you're right, i was guessing that they may have been working on something new right now, at least the team who in charge in creative division.
I played Arkham City first after that Asylum, so City had greater impact for me because it was the first time i'm feeling like a batman! I can't forget the feeling of swinging between gargoyles with cool soundtrack playing while thugs underneath scared to death! I hope you can understand me well, i'm still learning english ^^.

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alex839

@aaron_r: Your English is great :p

And you`re right about creative division, they should at least have an idea for their new game by now.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I finished StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty about a week ago.

It's the first game I've finished in a VERY long time.

It was incredibly enjoyable (which is why I think I finished it) and was the perfect mix of nostalgia (I was huge into the original SC back in the day) and new stuff all brought in at a comfortable pace (I hadn't played a RTS game in years and was brought back up to speed quite quickly).

I'm already a good chunk of the way into Heart of the Swarm and am already looking forward to Legacy of the Void. When StarCraft II and it's release schedule was first announced, I was very sceptical, but now I'm kind of regretting not getting it when it first came out. I've got a lot to catch up on.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Azure Striker Gunvolt. As a Mega Man ZX fan, I absolutely loved it on all aspects: gameplay, art style, music, the challenges, etc. People that are worried about Mighty No. 9 sucking need to play this game, because Comcept, and especially Inti Creates, know what they're doing.

Trash_Boat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Trash_Boat
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

I think it was Splinter Cell Blacklist 2 months ago but since then I play 2 hours or less and becomes a pain in ass and boring .

I've bought alot of games recently, Witcher 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, played halfway through Hitman Absolution then my friend corrupted my save , bought The Crew and i found that sh1T extremely boring,

I wanna play Batman but I wanna get it on PC and you guys know how that went .

Help me plz lol

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#32 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i beat Bastion. The story is a little muddled and the game gives you too many weapons too late in the game, becoming more of a nuisance than an advantage. I do like the game mechanics and the concept. So it's a good game

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Macutchi

@gamerguru100 said:
@Macutchi said:

Its campaign was better than Ghosts' campaign. Thank God. Ghosts' campaign is like four hours long and is half cutscenes.

yeah i don't think i missed much campaign wise in the years i've skipped the game. i thought blops' campaign was dreadful, it was enough to put me off for a few years. admittedly i can't see me replaying the advanced warfare campaign again any time soon, but as a one off play through it was fun

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

Battlefield hardline and its not as bad as the reviews are making it out to be, beat it on hard without too much effort I wish i was as good with swords then maybe I could beat bloodborne.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The Witcher 3, got the bad ending, sucked. Now I'm downloading that 1.07 patch and trying to get the good ending. The game told me to make a save before a critical spot in the story so I'm on my way yay!

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

last game i beat was arkham origins. ill give it a solid 6. story was kind of okay to cool. favorite fight was deathstroke. the technical side of this was really frustrating though. camera was a throwback to a wonky ps2 game. i thought that was a thing of the past. i really think the best of the series was the first game. say all your criticism about being linear, but i think the story has suffered a bit by being an open world game

allbulldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 allbulldogg
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

shadows of mordor. it was my goty last year. beautiful, fun, with great game play ideas.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JustPlainLucas

@trash_boat said:

I think it was Splinter Cell Blacklist 2 months ago but since then I play 2 hours or less and becomes a pain in ass and boring .

I've bought alot of games recently, Witcher 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, played halfway through Hitman Absolution then my friend corrupted my save , bought The Crew and i found that sh1T extremely boring,

I wanna play Batman but I wanna get it on PC and you guys know how that went .

Help me plz lol

I still need to get Blacklist. I love the Splinter Cell games, but I guess I lost interest when I heard Ironside wasn't the voice of Fisher anymore. Just didn't seem the same.

@The_Last_Ride said:

i beat Bastion. The story is a little muddled and the game gives you too many weapons too late in the game, becoming more of a nuisance than an advantage. I do like the game mechanics and the concept. So it's a good game

Honestly, the only reason why I was interested in the game was because Kasavin was involved in making it. Glad I checked it out because it was a pretty good game. I even beat it by turning on all the difficulty modifiers as high as they could.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Hmm the last game I beat is probably fez. Great game from a douchebag dev. A bit sad that there won't be a sequel to this game.

BTW, playing lag souls for now.( Seriously lagging in the pvp part of the game. :( )

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gamerguru100

@Macutchi said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@Macutchi said:

yeah i don't think i missed much campaign wise in the years i've skipped the game. i thought blops' campaign was dreadful, it was enough to put me off for a few years. admittedly i can't see me replaying the advanced warfare campaign again any time soon, but as a one off play through it was fun

Agreed, the first Black Ops campaign was lackluster too. I like the WW2 missions though. Too bad Dimitry Petrenko from World at War died. :(

The game focused too much on Mason and "THE FUCKING NUMBERS!!!" alongside its seemingly short missions.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Macutchi

@gamerguru100 said:
@Macutchi said:

Agreed, the first Black Ops campaign was lackluster too. I like the WW2 missions though. Too bad Dimitry Petrenko from World at War died. :(

The game focused too much on Mason and "THE FUCKING NUMBERS!!!" alongside its seemingly short missions.

oh yeah, those fckin NUMBERS lol.

yeah there were a few bits that i thought were well done but i've just got too many bad memories of annoying cut scenes with garbled dialogue, shoddy qtes and never ending respawning enemy sections. and i know it's usually missing the point to criticise cod for being linear but parts of the campaign were just ridiculous. there were quite a few situations where if you strayed off the intended path the game basically broke.

@JustPlainLucas said:

I still need to get Blacklist. I love the Splinter Cell games, but I guess I lost interest when I heard Ironside wasn't the voice of Fisher anymore. Just didn't seem the same.

you're right it isn't the same. the new sam's just another generic brotagonist with a crew of cliches and stereotypes. from my experience the majority of people who really like blacklist were not massive fans of the original trilogy

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Mark of The Ninja..... I need to play it again before I lay down some judgement.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#44 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: that's cool, i doubt i will do that. The game didn't interest me that much. Good game though, but not that good

Gagomkd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#45  Edited By Gagomkd
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

Bound by Flame, it was very promising and had a great story but toward the end all of this falls apart and leaves a sour taste, the final battle was pretty hard though.

Now starting DAI.

Trash_Boat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Trash_Boat
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

@allbulldogg: bruh I played till I saw Smigol then I got bored and haven't touched in 2 weeks.

I'm not a fan of the Lord of the rings maybe thats why I got bored , should I go back ?

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Extremely satisfying story with great characters. Beat it twice infact, just to get the extra scene at the end after credits. Still highly enjoyable. Puzzles are on the easy side, but has some of the most out of the box ways to solve a puzzle I've ever seen in a game.

SakuraBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SakuraBomb
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

I just finished Mirror's Edge. I wasn't really interested in the story too much and the combat was disappointing. The game is still really fun and I loved running around as Faith.

allbulldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 allbulldogg
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

@trash_boat I really enjoyed the combat and the use of the nemesis system which gave me extra incentive and enjoyment to kill the captains if they had previously killed me. I thought the world looked great on next gen. It felt like it was the perfect size for a open world game. It left enough space for you to go off on side missions while not seeming to big and jam packed with filler like assassins creed or any of the collect XYZ type games. I'm not saying give it another try just giving my 2 cents. I also don't care about the lord of the rings.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

GTA V PC. Good game. 9/10. The next game I'm likely to finish is the TW3. We went on a road trip. So, it's been a month since I last played TW3. It's currently a 9.5/10 for me.