Kojima considering MGS 1 remake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

So according to himself, it's MGS 1 he wants remade the most with the Fox engine he is using on the MGS V game

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#2 Posted by Archangel3371 (22741 posts) -

That'd be pretty damn awesome. I'd certainly be in line to buy that.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#3 Posted by Ballroompirate (25830 posts) -

But he already did a remake for the GC :/

remake of a remake?

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

But he already did a remake for the GC :/

remake of a remake?

The Twin Snakes was handled by Silicon Knights, so I can't imagine he had too much involvement with it. I assume he means he wants to remake Metal Gear Solid himself with his own team this time.

Avatar image for Legend002
#5 Edited by Legend002 (13367 posts) -

Just garbage journalism. That's not what Kojima said at all. They asked them on the live stream what game would he remake if there was to be onenotif he wanted to do one. That's like if someone asked what would you chose, apples or oranges? I don't care for either but I'd pick oranges. You are being forced to pick one.

IGN being IGNorant just for hits.

Avatar image for Byshop
#6 Edited by Byshop (18220 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: Twin Snakes was a pretty decent effort. While I would certainly play an MGS1 remake with the new engine, I can't say replaying MGS1 for a third time is super high on my priority list.

-Byshop

Avatar image for behardy24
#7 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

The Fox Engine looks so pretty in MGS V, that I'm okay if Kojima and company went ahead and remake almost all the MGS games with the engine.

Avatar image for Ilovegames1992
#8 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

I think the latter half of TPP will be a remake of MG1 and 2. The MGS1 remake maybe.

Avatar image for Buckhannah
#9 Posted by Buckhannah (715 posts) -

I don't think such a thing is vaguely needed. Full retellings of the original Metal Gears, however, would make more sense as the story of Big Boss is coming full circle.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#10 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@Legend002 said:

Just garbage journalism. That's not what Kojima said at all. They asked them on the live stream what game would he remake if there was to be onenotif he wanted to do one. That's like if someone asked what would you chose, apples or oranges? I don't care for either but I'd pick oranges. You are being forced to pick one.

IGN being IGNorant just for hits.

But there have been talks about a third party making that game, not he himself

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (96571 posts) -

I'd be a million times more interested in that than MGSV.

Avatar image for watchdogsrules
#12 Posted by watchdogsrules (541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: it impossible for them to do a MGS 1 remake with the release of the phantom pain coming up if it already not here.

Avatar image for Ilovegames1992
#13 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: What?

Avatar image for watchdogsrules
#14 Posted by watchdogsrules (541 posts) -

wow, that was one of first MGS game? it looks WAY ahead of its time.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (96571 posts) -

@Ilovegames1992 said:

@foxhound_fox: What?

What? I'd pay money for a MGS1 remake in the new Fox engine. I have no interest in MGSV.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I'd be a million times more interested in that than MGSV.

You don't like Big Boss?

Avatar image for Ilovegames1992
#17 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Ilovegames1992 said:

@foxhound_fox: What?

What? I'd pay money for a MGS1 remake in the new Fox engine. I have no interest in MGSV.

Fair enough. Don't know why that is, its probably going to be one of the best in the series.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#18 Edited by foxhound_fox (96571 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I'd be a million times more interested in that than MGSV.

You don't like Big Boss?

I love Big Boss. MGS3 was my favourite game. See below:

@Ilovegames1992 said:

Fair enough. Don't know why that is, its probably going to be one of the best in the series.

MGS4 killed almost any interest I had in the series. And my username is foxhound_fox for fucks sake. I still have a hard time reconciling that game with the rest of the series. I find it hard to return to the old games after that retcon nightmare. Had I stopped playing before Act V, I probably would look at the game fondly.

Avatar image for Ilovegames1992
#19 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I'd be a million times more interested in that than MGSV.

You don't like Big Boss?

I love Big Boss. MGS3 was my favourite game. See below:

@Ilovegames1992 said:

Fair enough. Don't know why that is, its probably going to be one of the best in the series.

MGS4 killed almost any interest I had in the series. And my username is foxhound_fox for fucks sake. I still have a hard time reconciling that game with the rest of the series. I find it hard to return to the old games after that retcon nightmare. Had I stopped playing before Act V, I probably would look at the game fondly.

I didn't think 4 was that bad to be honest. A little OTT but it churns the story out. V is going to be something totally different anyway.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#20 Edited by foxhound_fox (96571 posts) -

@Ilovegames1992 said:

I didn't think 4 was that bad to be honest. A little OTT but it churns the story out. V is going to be something totally different anyway.

4 was a complete mess of fan-fiction, fan-service and a massive load of retcons that ruined everything that all three previous iterations built up to that point. And I'm not trying to be exaggerative here.

I'd rather Kojima and team remake what they've already made amazing. There is plenty to revisit in MGS that could be refreshed for a modern audience. And besides, I'd rather go back to Shadow Moses than watch a horse poop.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@watchdogsrules said:

@The_Last_Ride: it impossible for them to do a MGS 1 remake with the release of the phantom pain coming up if it already not here.

We already know that, that's why it's most likely for a third party to do it

Avatar image for thebest31406
#22 Posted by thebest31406 (3775 posts) -

I would prefer a MG1 and 2 remake, though a proper MGS1 remake is long overdue

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#23 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@thebest31406 said:

I would prefer a MG1 and 2 remake, though a proper MGS1 remake is long overdue

indeed, i remember playing through that game. It was amazing

Avatar image for Bardock47
#24 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

I'd be cool with it, Twin Snakes is a pain in the ass to track down, and MGS has not aged well at all.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#25 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@Bardock47 said:

I'd be cool with it, Twin Snakes is a pain in the ass to track down, and MGS has not aged well at all.

Hence the request for a new game