Killer Instinct 3 on X-Box 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I think that there should be Killer Instinct 3 on the X-Box 360 system since Microsoft owns Rare now.

Plus also, include the Arcade versions of KI 1 & 2 on there. The problem is, though, that Microsoft may have to pay Nintendo for those two, since they published it, & I'm not sure about Midway (they also published those two), since they're officially dead & is now owned by WB.

I think that with such fighters now regaining popularity (SF 4, Blazblue, etc.), that Rare should consider doing it. What do you think?

Toll_Booth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toll_Booth
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
Mickey's Speedway USA should be on the Xbox 360 IMO. You know, since they own Rare and all.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
Mickey's Speedway USA should be on the Xbox 360 IMO. You know, since they own Rare and all.Toll_Booth
except there would be actual interest in a new KI...
Toll_Booth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toll_Booth
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about. Mickey's Speedway USA got a better review then Mario Kart.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

I'm pretty sure Rare owns the rights to the Killer Instinct games so putting them on XBLA shouldn't be a problem. I'd definitely love to see them put on there and I'd certainly love to see a new KI game get made. I'm actually fairly confident that some sort of KI news is forthcoming.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I hope not. the game was all just dial in combos. It would not hold up in todays market like SFII. It would only be worth if it they designed a totally new engine,and then it would lose its gimmick.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Fans seem to want it pretty badly, and I think there have been minor teases from Rare themselves.

Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Free_Marxet
Member since 2009 • 1549 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about. Mickey's Speedway USA got a better review then Mario Kart. Toll_Booth
that doesnt mean its better
Fitz157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fitz157
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I don't really see the point in a KI:3. It probably wouldn't be given much attention due to the fact that the publisher would probably be trying to sell based on name rather than if it's good or not. Nostalgia purchases for franchises like KI that were never that great to begin with just doesn't seem likely for most people, IMO at least.