kamek in mario kart 64?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts
i saw an image in google, the character select with no dk... but kamek. Can anyone explain?
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
photoshop?
izdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 izdan
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

oh that photo shop. nothings real anymore

lightblade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lightblade84
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

That was a prototype (?)version of Mario Kart 64 that you saw. It was called Super Mario Kart R back then. I believe you can even find video clips out there containing some brief footage of the prototype. Whether the image you saw was a photoshopped image or not, I don't know, but I do know that Magikoopa was on the list of characters in that early version of the game. The images were in Nintendo Power as well (cannot remember the issue number, but it showed off a number of early N64 games).

You know, ever since I saw Magikoopa in those early screenshots, I always wanted him to be in the game. They've added so many new characters, why won't they bring in Magikoopa (besides being a bike design in Mario Kart Wii)?

xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 xBLACK-MAGEx
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts

That was a prototype (?)version of Mario Kart 64 that you saw. It was called Super Mario Kart R back then. I believe you can even find video clips out there containing some brief footage of the prototype. Whether the image you saw was a photoshopped image or not, I don't know, but I do know that Magikoopa was on the list of characters in that early version of the game. The images were in Nintendo Power as well (cannot remember the issue number, but it showed off a number of early N64 games).

You know, ever since I saw Magikoopa in those early screenshots, I always wanted him to be in the game. They've added so many new characters, why won't they bring in Magikoopa (besides being a bike design in Mario Kart Wii)?

lightblade84

yeah i got the image that was in nintendo power:

kamek

the is in fact from the prototype build. pretty cool

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

it sounds cool but i would rather have dk because rareware provided the sprites for dk on that game. it said that in the credits

DustinQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DustinQuick
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Testing 1234
lynxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lynxed
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts
Yipes, I'm glad they updated the graphics on that one. Thanks for the pic, Black Mage!
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

I always kind of wondered why they keep putting in Donkey Kong characters when it's a Mario series. I know the whole Jump Man thing and all, but I never really saw how that leads to them thinking Donkey Kong was better than more Mario characters.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Aw beta games!

Beta OoT.... if only!

xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xBLACK-MAGEx

Yipes, I'm glad they updated the graphics on that one. Thanks for the pic, Black Mage!lynxed

lol no problem.

actually some developers are nororious for having pretty interesting and different protype builds. resident evil 4 was originally REALLY different, and had the player constantly running from a shadow creature with a chained hook, and only went into and over shoulder view when shooting:

c

not to mention the infamous "Donkey kong racing" for gamecube:

i would have liked to see how some of these betas would have turned out

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="lynxed"]Yipes, I'm glad they updated the graphics on that one. Thanks for the pic, Black Mage!xBLACK-MAGEx

lol no problem.

actually some developers are nororious for having pretty interesting and different protype builds. resident evil 4 was originally REALLY different, and had the player constantly running from a shadow creature with a chained hook, and only went into and over shoulder view when shooting:

c

lol@ beta RE4 with ghosts and flying ships!

Thats a great game that went throught probably just as many changes as OoT!

Would have loved to play that beta, actually looked more scary than what we got!

Backbonesalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Backbonesalsa
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
Does anyone remember the beta version of Super Mario Sunshine? The area it contained was a huge urban part of delfino island and to be honest, it looked much better than the final product. Could it have turned out to be the first sandbox mario game if Nintendo had decided to go with this version? It also contained humans. I think i saw a beta video once of Mario kart 64 where the magikoopa had stars on it's outfit aswell.
xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xBLACK-MAGEx

Does anyone remember the beta version of Super Mario Sunshine? The area it contained was a huge urban part of delfino island and to be honest, it looked much better than the final product. Could it have turned out to be the first sandbox mario game if Nintendo had decided to go with this version? It also contained humans. I think i saw a beta video once of Mario kart 64 where the magikoopa had stars on it's outfit aswell.Backbonesalsa

ive actually never seen the sunshine beta, maybe ill dig up some images of that too

xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xBLACK-MAGEx

sorry for the double post but i did better than images

theres actually a whole site of unseen secrets from beta games: http://www.unseen64.net/

enjoy guys

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="lightblade84"]

xBLACK-MAGEx

yeah i got the image that was in nintendo power:

kamek

the is in fact from the prototype build. pretty cool

ye thats the pic, evryone looks wierd like mario rpg box art

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="lynxed"]Yipes, I'm glad they updated the graphics on that one. Thanks for the pic, Black Mage!xBLACK-MAGEx

lol no problem.

c

omg dkracing saw that on youtube that game woulda been SICK! got canceled when rareware went to microsoft... if only it hadn't...:sigh:

Kenbo325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Kenbo325
Member since 2009 • 1177 Posts
Can't be real :P