Justin "JewWario" Carmical commits suicide at age 42

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

The online gaming shows community got hit hard today. JewWario, the creator of the "You can play this" series and former affiliate of That Guy With the Glasses, ended his own life a few days ago. A list of links:

Confirmation by Justin Carmichal's wife

Angry Joe's farewell to JewWario

That Guy With The Glasses' Farewell

Fundraiser to help support Carmichal's family

I never watched his videos, but I knew of the guy through other sources and hearing him die so suddenly is incredibly disheartening. My thoughts go out to all his friends, family, and fans, and I urge anyone suffering from suicidal thoughts, depression or other debilitating mental disorders to seek professional care and comfort from your loved ones.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

He had a reputation for trying to hit on fans on cons, I think that is the reason for the chilling post by his wife on facebook. Seems too emotionell distant to the whole thing.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Yeah heard about that! Happy console gamer (respected youtuber) Did a heart felt video on the matter expressing his opinion. It was a sad exit to his life, and I did rather enjoy watching his videos, he had a interesting personality.

@kaealy said:

He had a reputation for trying to hit on fans on cons, I think that is the reason for the chilling post by his wife on facebook. Seems too emotionell distant to the whole thing.

This however I never knew....strange I also heard the who suicide was triggered by depression, which makes me wonder why he would commit suicide if he still had a loving wife? Perhaps they weren't so loving after all.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Never heard of the guy, but I hate hearing when anyone commits suicide.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@kaealy said:

Casting doubt on the wife's love for her husband based on her Facebook post is insane. Dealing with the death of a loved one publically cannot be easy, but her post came across as loving and gracious (thanking for fans for their support, telling them he didn't die alone, asking them to remember him for the good he did and not his one mistake).

It is with a very sad heart that I must confirm my husband, Justin Carmical, sometimes known as the Jew Wario died on Thursday, January 23rd.

I also have to confirm he shot himself, but he was not alone, he locked himself in the bathroom and I was on the other side of the door talking with him. He knew I loved him, HE KNEW ALL OF YOU LOVED HIM. You all made him so happy, every time he was recognized from his videos, it made him giddy with joy.

His last recording was a song with Johnathan Mann, I don't know if Johnathan knows. He recorded it the night before.

I am surrounded by family and friends, and am taking this one moment at a time, remembering to breathe. I want to share with you what the Chaplain said to me, it was a momentary mistake, hold on to the good memories. I will post an update once a decision has been made about funeral arrangements.

If I need anything I will let you know, just hold on to each other and love each other, and thank you all so much for loving him so much.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

Suicide is one mistake you can't learn from.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

IT's sad, but never watched his videos unfortunately

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 3

#9 Bumblebee1138
Member since 2010 • 292 Posts

I watched many Nostalgia Critic and Angry Joe vids but never heard of this guy till now. o.O

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Yeah, I heard it from the Happy Console Gamer (unintended irony there) no more than half an hour after the news went public. He was really crushed about it. I appreciated the fact he didn't want to go into detail on how he died, in his video. Sad story.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Sad news. Didn't know the guy but if Joe spoke the truth he was a genuinely great dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n0kdYWrwwg

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@roulettethedog said:

What a selfish jerk. I feel sorry for his family, BUT NOT HIM.

Taboo thinking at work. Take an ethics or even a psychology class and get a new perspective on things...

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@roulettethedog said:

This is one of the most blatantly untrue perceptions about suicide. People can kill themselves for any number of reasons. Some do it because they've been suffering from depression (whether caused by biological or social reasons) or trauma for so long that they see suicide as their only way out of it. Others do it because they genuinely feel worthless and burdensome to their loved ones, to the point where some survivors actually feel worse after a failed suicide attempt. This isn't even mentioning that many suicides are impulsive, usually caused by a trigger that can bring on a sudden major depressive or anxiety episode.

It's misconceptions like this that lead to a lot of preventable suicides, and in some cases even cause more suicides from people believing that they can't be helped or they're "weak" for feeling this way.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Lee Thompson Young, music exec Chris Lighty, and now JewWario.

When going through periods of personal misery and disconnection from those we love, or an inability to believe in our own strength, the thought might occur in our heads, but it should be a fleeting dismissed thought, When we regain ourselves, and remember all that we have to live for and those that depend on us in capacities we don't even know.

For me, I know there are those that love us, there are valid reasons we're still here consuming air, and we have no choice but to believe in ourselves that we can live and get through these dark periods.
I remember the shocking footage of Bob Dwyer on Jim Sterling's Jimquisition for the first time months ago (shown in his episode on VG violence). Like other youtube clips displaying the very moment of death, it was very sobering.

If we feel that the world has ruled against us for our shortcomings and scathing failures or doesn't love us, the only comfort we can really have is in soldiering on. In ending our lives, we have taken the opposing side and struck the gavel against ourselves and all that we love, enjoy believe in and stand for.

In the end, only I can be my greatest advocate. (sure it takes a lot of support from friends and family) but the will, the drive is all too important.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@1PMrFister said:

The online gaming shows community got hit hard today. JewWario, the creator of the "You can play this" series and former affiliate of That Guy With the Glasses, ended his own life a few days ago. A list of links:

Confirmation by Justin Carmichal's wife

Angry Joe's farewell to JewWario

That Guy With The Glasses' Farewell

Fundraiser to help support Carmichal's family

I never watched his videos, but I knew of the guy through other sources and hearing him die so suddenly is incredibly disheartening. My thoughts go out to all his friends, family, and fans, and I urge anyone suffering from suicidal thoughts, depression or other debilitating mental disorders to seek professional care and comfort from your loved ones.

No idea who the guy was and his youtube channel shows why.

But sad that any human feels the world is so bad that the only way out is to take their own life.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

@The_Stand_In said:

@roulettethedog said:

Taboo thinking at work. Take an ethics or even a psychology class and get a new perspective on things...

Excactly, this is people who see no other way out of their pain, who are you to pass judgement? Selfish? Maybe, our very being and the way we act are defined out of selfishness, even charity. Try to imagine the pain these people must be going through instead of judging them from your "high horse".