Just got a Virtual Boy.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AutoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AutoTaco
Member since 2006 • 747 Posts
Any games worth recommending?
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Have fun burning your eyes out.
AutoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AutoTaco

Have fun burning your eyes out.Legendaryscmt

Who needs to see anyway?

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]Have fun burning your eyes out.AutoTaco

Who needs to see anyway?

The darkness is our friend.

JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
Mario Tennis (its better than the wii tennis) and wario (I cant remember the complete name right now).
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
Why not just get the entire collection of games for it? Yeah, you know.... All 15...
grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts

Mario Tennis (its better than the wii tennis) and wario (I cant remember the complete name right now).JReefer1

That's exactly what I had in mind when I entered this thread, fun games, especially Wario

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Have fun burning your eyes out.Legendaryscmt

Can it really do that or what? I dont know much about the Virtual Boy

Avatar image for Videogamefan123
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Videogamefan123
Member since 2007 • 941 Posts
I don't have one but I would suggest teleroboxer because it looks pretty good. Also Red Alert. To the post above: the virtual boy can cause eye strain mainly because the way it displays and image is it uses lasers
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

I don't have one but I would suggest teleroboxer because it looks pretty good. Also Red Alert. To the post above: the virtual boy can cause eye strain mainly because the way it displays and image is it uses lasers Videogamefan123

Ah thanks. I am guessing that was a reason it did not sell great.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

I am reminded of the G4 gag on the "SAW"films, and Perrera wakes up with a Virtual Boy strapped to his face. At first it's kinda cool, and then after a bit he starts shrieking in pain. Yeah, so what, so they made a few people cross-eyed and a few more have seizures, so what?

:lol:

At least it's not CRACK!

zelda450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 zelda450
Member since 2006 • 664 Posts
Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Vertcal Force, and Galactic Pinball are the really good games for the system.  Also, don't be afraid to buy Japanese versions of games, they work on all VBs, and are mostly in English anyways.  Good job on picking one up!
AutoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoTaco

Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Vertcal Force, and Galactic Pinball are the really good games for the system. Also, don't be afraid to buy Japanese versions of games, they work on all VBs, and are mostly in English anyways. Good job on picking one up!zelda450

Thanks, I'll be sure to look in to those. :)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#14 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
the last system i want is sega master system other then the 32 x add on for genesis , i am complete, lol , i wont be getting my eyes hurt by that ridiculous thing , and that right there is a failure , to those who call gamecube or n64 or even dreamcast failures they better open their eyes for this one lol because, this thing i cant recoomend even buyin one ,
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I hope you got it just for collection purposes
AutoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AutoTaco

I hope you got it just for collection purposesN8A

Obviously.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Be careful when playing it it causes dizziness, altered vision, strong headaches and, in many cases, diarrhea.
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
I liked the boxing game. Can't remember the name. Once you adjusted your eyes to that system, it was actually pretty fun.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
I only tried virtual boy once in my life but just get all the games theres only 13 I think only wario,robot boxing game was actually good.Just dont play long or else you'll only see red for the rest of your life jk
JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
Wario
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Videogamefan123

I liked the boxing game. Can't remember the name. Once you adjusted your eyes to that system, it was actually pretty fun.zaphod_b

it's called teleroboxer

zelda450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zelda450

[QUOTE="N8A"]I hope you got it just for collection purposesAutoTaco

Obviously.

Wow, am I the only one here who likes to play the VB?  It doesn't hurt my eyes, and I actually think some of the games for it are really great to play...

AutoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AutoTaco
[QUOTE="AutoTaco"]

[QUOTE="N8A"]I hope you got it just for collection purposeszelda450

Obviously.

Wow, am I the only one here who likes to play the VB? It doesn't hurt my eyes, and I actually think some of the games for it are really great to play...

:o

Now don't get me wrong its cool and Mario's Tennis is great and all (I'm sure there are other great games as well but only have MT atm.)but I can't play it for 20 minutes straight without my eyes getting strained.

zelda450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zelda450
I guess it must be different for different people then.  I can play for as long as I want with no probs whatsoever, my brother however just looks into it and gets a headache... yup, it's great to be me :lol: :P
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts
when people say that the graphics of the n64 sucks they are only scratching the surface compared to vb
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Videogamefan123
when people say that the graphics of the n64 sucks they are only scratching the surface compared to vbbigM10231
thats only the people that didn't grow up on it. For its time it had the best graphics of it's competition( saturn and playstation). I don't consider the Dreamcast was competion of the same generation because the Dreamcast was made to compete with the next generation and was released late in the N64 and playstation's lifespan.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
No you didn't...
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

I don't have one but I would suggest teleroboxer because it looks pretty good. Also Red Alert. To the post above: the virtual boy can cause eye strain mainly because the way it displays and image is it uses lasers Videogamefan123

It definitely does not use LASERS to project its image. Quoted directly from the Wikipedia entry:

"The Virtual Boy, which uses an oscillating mirror to transform a single line of dots into a full field of dots, requires high-performance LEDs in order to function properly. Because each pixel is only in use for a tiny fraction of a second (384 pixels wide, 50.2 Hz scan rate = approximately 52 µs per scanline), high peak brightness is needed to make the virtual display bright and comfortable for the user to view. The two-screen system demanded a fast refresh rate, unlike the original Game Boy which had blurry motion, so using an LCD was not an option."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow. I, too, own a VB, and also only own Mario's Tennis. I don't like it though, the difficulty is why.

On games, this is also taken directly from the Virtual Boy's Wikipedia entry:

"Due to the short lifespan of the system, only 22 games were released. Of them 19 games were released in the Japanese market, while only 14 were released in North America."

Having said that, the only games that look appealing to me are Teleroboxer, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and Mario clash.

Hope this information is of use to you, it seems this forum is full of 14-year-old know-it-alls who cannot research a single topic as easy as this.

Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Videogamefan123

[QUOTE="Videogamefan123"]I don't have one but I would suggest teleroboxer because it looks pretty good. Also Red Alert. To the post above: the virtual boy can cause eye strain mainly because the way it displays and image is it uses lasers bbeastieboy

It definitely does not use LASERS to project its image. Quoted directly from the Wikipedia entry:

"The Virtual Boy, which uses an oscillating mirror to transform a single line of dots into a full field of dots, requires high-performance LEDs in order to function properly. Because each pixel is only in use for a tiny fraction of a second (384 pixels wide, 50.2 Hz scan rate = approximately 52 µs per scanline), high peak brightness is needed to make the virtual display bright and comfortable for the user to view. The two-screen system demanded a fast refresh rate, unlike the original Game Boy which had blurry motion, so using an LCD was not an option."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow. I, too, own a VB, and also only own Mario's Tennis. I don't like it though, the difficulty is why.

On games, this is also taken directly from the Virtual Boy's Wikipedia entry:

"Due to the short lifespan of the system, only 22 games were released. Of them 19 games were released in the Japanese market, while only 14 were released in North America."

Having said that, the only games that look appealing to me are Teleroboxer, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and Mario clash.

Hope this information is of use to you, it seems this forum is full of 14-year-old know-it-alls who cannot research a single topic as easy as this.

Well sorry I've discussed this topic before in my post history and I did look it up then. I did realise this mistake after I posted this but forgot to edit my post. I've read the page befor, for some reason the idea that it used lasers to project the image got into my head. You yourself can be less smug and mabey look at the post history and notice their previous post because I've ussally been right and have researched my topics before making a post.

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

I guess it must be different for different people then. I can play for as long as I want with no probs whatsoever, my brother however just looks into it and gets a headache... yup, it's great to be me :lol: :Pzelda450

it's probably much more likely that no one besides you has ever played one and they're all just going on what a friend's friend's friend heard from his mom's aunts daughters fiance' who worked at wal-mart when it came out. it's the same causal effect as the rumor about yellow 5 in mountain dew making penises smaller.

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

[QUOTE="N8A"]I hope you got it just for collection purposesAutoTaco

Obviously.

Phew! You had me a bit nervous for a minute...

zelda450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zelda450
:lol: Yeah you have a point, kinda like how it's cool to say "Jaguar is teh suckz, I's never played it, but ah jus no it suckz!"