Just Got A Great Buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

User Lists: 0

#1 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts

Well last night dad let me pick out an early christmas present and we ordered it. When I found it, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Oldschool gamers like me would certainly find value in this. An Atari 2600 with two joysticks and two paddles, and 20 games included, in nearly perfectly brand new condition! With a 90 day warranty to boot. Now.. Guess how much it cost. 500? That's the LEAST you'd find it for. It was only $115. ONLY. And it was no ripoff. I'm quite happy with that. This is gonna rock.

I'm sure some of you will ask what games are with it, guess I'll tell!

Asteroids, Astroblast, Basketball, Battlezone, Carnival, Circus Atari, Combat, Dark Cavern, Defender, Donkey Kong, ET The Extra Terrestrial, Frogs and Flies, Home Run, Missile Command, Outlaw, Space Jockey, Swordquest EarthWorld, Venture, Video Pinball, and Warlords.

Now you tell me if that wasn't a good buy.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#2 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Disagree. Waste of money no matter how good the games.

Good Games:

Battlezone
Circus Atari
Defender(ooo forgot this one, I liked it but i sucked as a little kid)
Outlaw
Space Jockey - never played but it looks like something i would have liked.

Dont know about these or dont like them:
Asteroids, Astroblast, Basketball, ,Carnival , , Combat, Dark Cavern, , Donkey Kong, ET The Extra Terrestrial, Frogs and Flies, Home Run, Missile Command, , , Swordquest EarthWorld, Venture, Video Pinball, and Warlords.

You need stuff like river raid, choplifter, Yar's revenge, kaboom, ummmm some others i forget.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aryoshi

Disagree. Waste of money no matter how good the games.

Good Games: Battlezone, Carnival, Defender(ooo forgot this one, I liked it but i sucked as a little kid)

Dont know about these or dont like them: Asteroids, Astroblast, Basketball, , , Circus Atari, Combat, Dark Cavern, , Donkey Kong, ET The Extra Terrestrial, Frogs and Flies, Home Run, Missile Command, Outlaw, Space Jockey, Swordquest EarthWorld, Venture, Video Pinball, and Warlords.

You need stuff like river raid, choplifter, Yar's revenge, kaboom, ummmm some others i forget. _AbBaNdOn

Oh I know there's other games. I plan on getting them too. I can get them pretty much brand new in the boxes for 4 bucks or 5. Pretty good prices.

Avatar image for Videogamefan123
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videogamefan123
Member since 2007 • 941 Posts
By brand new condition do you mean in the box or its good quality.
TheFireFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TheFireFlower
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i didn't know those consoles can cost so much! I got mine at a garage sale for 5 bucks (now thats a great buy)
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aryoshi

By brand new condition do you mean in the box or its good quality.Videogamefan123

Good quality. Looks like it just came out of the box.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I like retro games but I go back as far as NES. Atari 2600 games are generally too simple for me with not enough depth but I still think you got a good value especially if you are in to the Atari so CONGRATS!

Now you just need to add Pitfall, Moon Patrol, Frogger, and Pac Man to your collection and it will be complete.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
i agree with Roboccs, im not a big atari fan, they're a bit too simplistic and although the original nintendo (NES) is no graphics giant, i grew up with it so i can safely say i like the graphics. unfortunately the atari 2600 with like 3 or 4 colors onscreen is a bit too minimal for me (im surprised at how much difference a couple extra colors onscreen can make for my own taste) however if you enjoy it and those games then good for you!
Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

i agree with Roboccs, im not a big atari fan, they're a bit too simplistic and although the original nintendo (NES) is no graphics giant, i grew up with it so i can safely say i like the graphics. unfortunately the atari 2600 with like 3 or 4 colors onscreen is a bit too minimal for me (im surprised at how much difference a couple extra colors onscreen can make for my own taste) however if you enjoy it and those games then good for you! z4twenny

I agree, as well. The Atari is not my style, never was, never will be & and I used to own a 2600 back in the 80s.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#10 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I wish I could accurately quote the radio commercials from GTA. The ones where they advertise games with red somethings and green somethings and thats it lol.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aryoshi
Yes 'tis a very simple console, but I don't know. Just something about it gets to me, not sure. Probably that oldschool animal in me. I'd been looking at all those games, Frogger, Space Invaders, Moon Patrol, Pac Man. I love those games, haha. I'll certainly be getting those, plus lotsa others.
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Videogamefan123
K if its just good quality I think you got ripped off cause I got my atari for $60 with 7 controllers 2 of them wireless and the paddle controllers, about 17 games, a working system although a little dirty and a power supply. it didn't come with a composite adaptor so I had to wait even longer to play and on of the contollers can't go right and the left wirless joysticks battery wire was broken. But that didn't bother me Cause I bought new wirless controllers in the box at http://www.atari2600.com/ and the broken joystick I don't use. So other then the price I think you had a good buy
TonySoprano314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TonySoprano314
Member since 2006 • 759 Posts
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think you got ripped off. The Atari it self should sell for no more than $15. Controllers are around $5. Even the games don't really fetch that much. About 2 years ago I bought an Atari 2600, 6 controllers, and around 15 games for $30. If you truely love the Atari, then more power to you. If you bought it for you collection, I think you wasted your money.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aryoshi
Well technically I got it free since it was a gift. So hey I ain't complaining XD
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

so your dad got ripped off is the general consensus...

so long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters, right? one christmas, my mom and dad gave me $200 cash to blow, and boy howdy, i blew it real quick. one stop on ebay and two weeks later i had a genesis, sega cd, 32x with mortal kombat on sega cd, and a couple of 32x games... and no more money.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aryoshi

so your dad got ripped off is the general consensus...

so long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters, right? one christmas, my mom and dad gave me $200 cash to blow, and boy howdy, i blew it real quick. one stop on ebay and two weeks later i had a genesis, sega cd, 32x with mortal kombat on sega cd, and a couple of 32x games... and no more money.

sofaking_bob

That sounds awesome XD yet.. Wow quite a bit.

Gavinology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gavinology
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts
I dont think he got ripped off. Consoles are kind of like baseball cards, thier value increases over time. Anything for some good nostalgia.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aryoshi

I dont think he got ripped off. Consoles are kind of like baseball cards, thier value increases over time. Anything for some good nostalgia.Gavinology

Amen.

Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Videogamefan123

I dont think he got ripped off. Consoles are kind of like baseball cards, thier value increases over time. Anything for some good nostalgia.Gavinology

Thats true but for the time being he got ripped off :)

djedi_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djedi_master
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
Breakout was a great game. and i agree that you bought something great...
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
I see 2600 games like donkey kong sell for $2, and systems sell for $50 in my town.. and thats not even a good deal imo
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
i got 2 Atari 2600's and 33 games with 4 joysticks for free from a garage sale and it works, so yea i beat ya
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aryoshi

Breakout was a great game. and i agree that you bought something great...djedi_master

Breakout is quite a gem.

Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Videogamefan123

i got 2 Atari 2600's and 33 games with 4 joysticks for free from a garage sale and it works, so yea i beat yaRigga911

That is sweet. Did they both come with a power adapter and thing to hook it up to your tv or just one set. Also how did you get it for free

Skylarkell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skylarkell
Member since 2007 • 2797 Posts
Good for you. Have fun :D