Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

...My God, I was blown away.

Aspects of the ending were a bit meh (like the epilogue romance dialogue. Both of us were just like, “k bye, good luck.” Despite her claiming her undying love for me over and over earlier.)

but the journey....just, what a game.

Can’t wait to jump back in and play with the people I left out on my initial play through.

Anyone else playing the DE? Party make-up? Experiences/thoughts?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

It really is one of the best games ever made. Simply brilliant; the gameplay, the characters, and the dialogue. Oh and I loved the skill/character system this time around, how you could respec and try out other things.

Did you take the animal friend perk (or whatever it is) where you can talk to animals? There is so much enjoyable dialogue that way, too.

I haven't played the DE edition, just standard, but I need to play it again except as one of the core party members....was thinking of playing as the skeleton guy, he would be interesting to play as.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MisterVulpes

@mrbojangles25:

I took Fane along and played as Ifan.

Defs took pet pal. Learnt that it’s a must from the first game. :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@mistervulpes: haha I know, right? I took it in the first game because "Hey that could be cool" I thought, then in like the first 20 minutes you come across rats in the tomb, a couple ox in town...just so much FUN!

And that's why I love the series so much: it's FUN. Capital F-U-N. It reminds us (me, at least) why I still play games. It's too easy to get caught up in the gaming-arms-race (4K, exclusives, etc) that we forget why we game sometimes.

**** it, playing another game right now. BF V beta will have to wait.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

I really like Divinity 2 also, never played the original but its sequel is a great game. My favorite playthrough was having Chameleon Cloak and The Pawn, ontop Lonewolf with the Rouge class.

Many games tell you the player has choices, but few deliver half what this game offers.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 not only does everything Dragon Age don't. It has interesting tactical depth and RPG build variety.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MisterVulpes

@RSM-HQ:

Not sure if they’re that comparable despite being fantasy RPGs.

I’m a big Dragon Age fan and some of the characters in origins and inquisition have far more fleshed out backstories than Divinity despite Divinities characters being fantastic.

If there was as much inter party dialogue in Divinity as Inquisition it would be incredible.

Gameplay wise, they’re just entirely different beasts. Divinity puts DA to shame but also puts every other RPG to shame with its scope and opportunity for variety and choice.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MisterVulpes

@mrbojangles25:

*whispers* BFV can wait...forever.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

@mistervulpes: I personally disagree, Dragon Age NPCs all ramble about fictional politics and seem less like actual people, transparent choices in dialogue options, and more like miniature novels that expect to get laid.

As for gameplay it's drastically similar in Dragon Age if one went in strategic view, and considering real-time is even worse it's the better solution. Difference is Dragon Age is a poorly functioning game in combat; with some poor camera work and few choices to turn. And that's not even covering how respawns work and the wild amount of fetch quests in Inquisition.

Both Dragon Age and Divinity 2 are story heavy team-base RPGs with tactical options and D&D skills. I just heavily prefer one over the other. If you are able to enjoy both that's great, and wish I could enjoy the Dragon Age games. Don't mean that in any sarcastic manner either, I love a good RPG game with creating builds and slaying dragons.

However found the Dragon Age games shallow from both a narrative/ choice, and gameplay standpoint.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MisterVulpes

@dor850:

Get out of my thread you bot posting scum puddle.

dbodhisattwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dbodhisattwa
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

Gonna start it after sometime. I have it ready and downloaded. For now I am gonna complete HITMAN Patient Zero DLC missions, almost complete. Then take a deep look at VAMPYR. After that Divinity is in the queue. Just check this short video i am sure you would like the gameplay :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zyr94DoFa0

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah D:OS2 is super fun in multiplayer as well

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points