Just finished AC: Brotherhood... what?? (SPOILERS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

Okay, so I'm sure there's been threads on this already, but I felt this warranted a post. That ending was RIDICULOUS. I was expecting some sort of explanation after the credits rolled, but that was it. Desmond kills Lucy. :cry:

Right up there with Halo 2's ending imo (in that same sort of ohmygodwhereisthenextgame way).

What did you guys think of the ending?

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts
Disappointing, compared to the "Oh ****, oh ****!!!!" ending of AC2.
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Typical AC cliffhanger

wonder how they'll start off AC3?

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Instead of filling in the answers for the questions AC2 left it just seemed to open even more questions. I'm guessing Lucy is a templar (she did glow yellow at the end of AC2 when you turned on eagle vision) Though when it comes down to it, I thought the ending was decent. It was completely unexpected and the voices at the end are probably a group of assassins putting Desmond back in the animus (or abstergo but I doubt that)

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
I finished this about a week ago. I loved it the cliff hangers and ridiculously awesome story, and gameplay is what keeps me coming back to assassins creed. You could interpret the ending alot of different ways. One of them I've heard alot is that Lucy is a Templar.
DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

What I find more ridiculous in a completely "that-is-the-most-nonsensical-thing-ever" sort of way is how a now dead race (from millennia ago) can somehow control what Desmond does physically in another time-period. That made me roll my eyes real hard. Just because it happened while he was holding the POE still made no sense to me. I don't care how advanced their technology was.

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
I don't like how complicated the storyline is getting. I liked it better when it was just a war between Assassins and Templars, none of this end of the world 2012 bull.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
The story in this series in stupid. The gameplay however is awesome.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts
by that point I stopped caring, I mean they rushed the last two sequences with the stupid Apple I was just glad it was over so I don't have to touch it again I'm pretty certain AC:B was to be nothing more than AC2 DLC that got turned into a stand alone retail game, I mean the only city you really are in the entire time is Rome, previous titles had multiple large cities, I felt this game was assembled rather sloppily and I'm scratching my head as to why it's so praised
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

Well I've come to expect wtf endings from ac.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

The story in this series in stupid. The gameplay however is awesome.GodModeEnabled

The story isn't that stupid at all. Predictable? Sure. But stupid? Hell no.

I will say that the endings in AC Brotherhood leave a lot to be desired. I too was thrown off by Desmond killing Lucy, so I hope Ubisoft explains why that act was committed.

kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
I don't like how complicated the storyline is getting. I liked it better when it was just a war between Assassins and Templars, none of this end of the world 2012 bull.awesomeface
I agree. It's a good story still, but I think Ubisoft has to make sure it doesn't get too wrapped up in the complexity of it all. Otherwise it'll become incomprehensible... And now that you mentioned it, December 21st, 2012 is exactly 72 days after October 10th. Now it's just getting ridiculous.
Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Instead of filling in the answers for the questions AC2 left it just seemed to open even more questions.

XileLord

You can't sell the next game by answering all the questions in this one.

Seriously, though, like an above poster said, AC:B was not necessitated by the AC storyline as the writers initially imagined it. But when you have a game that sells like AC does and you go to your publisher and say, "we're only gonna do one more," that probably doesn't go over well. AC:B is a completely unnecessary side story that was written into the series so they could sell an extra game. That's it. It's padding to make a few more dollars off the franchise. This sort of thing happens with fantasy/sci-fi books all the time with similarly disappointing results.

As to why Lucy was stabbed. Well, it's clear that Desmond's bloodline is a hybrid of that ancient race and their human slaves. The purpose of these hybrids seems to be to preserve the ancients and return their bloodline to the world at some point in the future. I think Juno senses that Lucy is a threat because she is not the other half of the bloodline that Desmond is meant to join with (Eve) and that's why he is forced to stab her...so he can't fall in love with Lucy and delay the return of the bloodline or dilute it.

To another point - Juno's ability to control Desmond through a recording is unremarkable in the sense that previous games explain that control of humans is achieved through genetic engineering and not any sort of mind control. AC2 explains that humans were engineered on a genetic level to respond to the POE. Think of humans as golems and POEs as control rods. The POEs simply activate a dormant set of neuro-transmitters in the brain designed to subvert the will and enourage subservience, iirc. Because of this, it is unnecessary to have an intellegent being present to control Desmond - something as simple as the right radio signal will suffice. In fact this is the basis for the satellite that the Templars are launching in December.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodModeEnabled
As to why Lucy was stabbed. Well, it's clear that Desmond's bloodline is a hybrid of that ancient race and their human slaves. The purpose of these hybrids seems to be to preserve the ancients and return their bloodline to the world at some point in the future. I think Juno senses that Lucy is a threat because she is not the other half of the bloodline that Desmond is meant to join with (Eve) and that's why he is forced to stab her...so he can't fall in love with Lucy and delay the return of the bloodline or dilute it. To another point - Juno's ability to control Desmond through a recording is unremarkable in the sense that previous games explain that control of humans is achieved through genetic engineering and not any sort of mind control. AC2 explains that humans were engineered on a genetic level to respond to the POE. Think of humans as golems and POEs as control rods. The POEs simply activate a dormant set of neuro-transmitters in the brain designed to subvert the will and enourage subservience, iirc. Because of this, it is unnecessary to have an intellegent being present to control Desmond - something as simple as the right radio signal will suffice. In fact this is the basis for the satellite that the Templars are launching in December.Ish_basic
Honestly I think you're stretching, and maybe even making some things up. How one gets all of this from the terrible AC:B story is baffling. Dont get me wrong I loved the game but for every reason besides story... I just dont think its there. Edit> Although rereading your explaination makes me wish they had all that info in the game so I could of cared about the story. Makes sense a lot of it... too bad the developer is an ass when it comes to the story in this game though.
Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

[QUOTE="Ish_basic"]As to why Lucy was stabbed. Well, it's clear that Desmond's bloodline is a hybrid of that ancient race and their human slaves. The purpose of these hybrids seems to be to preserve the ancients and return their bloodline to the world at some point in the future. I think Juno senses that Lucy is a threat because she is not the other half of the bloodline that Desmond is meant to join with (Eve) and that's why he is forced to stab her...so he can't fall in love with Lucy and delay the return of the bloodline or dilute it. To another point - Juno's ability to control Desmond through a recording is unremarkable in the sense that previous games explain that control of humans is achieved through genetic engineering and not any sort of mind control. AC2 explains that humans were engineered on a genetic level to respond to the POE. Think of humans as golems and POEs as control rods. The POEs simply activate a dormant set of neuro-transmitters in the brain designed to subvert the will and enourage subservience, iirc. Because of this, it is unnecessary to have an intellegent being present to control Desmond - something as simple as the right radio signal will suffice. In fact this is the basis for the satellite that the Templars are launching in December.GodModeEnabled
Honestly I think you're stretching, and maybe even making some things up. How one gets all of this from the terrible AC:B story is baffling. Dont get me wrong I loved the game but for every reason besides story... I just dont think its there. Edit> Although rereading your explaination makes me wish they had all that info in the game so I could of cared about the story. Makes sense a lot of it... too bad the developer is an ass when it comes to the story in this game though.

The only interpretation I'm doing is with Lucy getting stabbed and the purpose of the hybridization with humans (maybe it was just jungle fever). We don't know why Lucy was stabbed for sure, but we know it's because she's not Eve.

Juno specifically refers to the assassins as hybrids of the ancients and humans in the finale of Brotherhood. I know it's hard to listen to her because you're trying to platform...it really annoyed me, in fact, that she insisted on talking while I was trying to make jumps...but it's there. The Eagle vision is a diluted version of an extrasensory power used by the ancients - a sixth sense. Juno says all this specifically.

The rest is from codexes and such from AC2. But it's all information the games give you, as best as I can remember it, including the way POEs work on people. I'd have to go reload my AC2 save to refresh my memory of it all.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I'm not sure I'm convinced that Lucy is dead yet, idk maybe I'm just in denial
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Metamania

I'm not sure I'm convinced that Lucy is dead yet, idk maybe I'm just in denialKeredsBlaze

I saw the stabbing myself on Brotherhood. It was done long enough for the two of them to drop to the floor like that. So I expect to see Desmond obviously survive with Lucy dead. I guess it was the way it was ordained.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Who knows what Lucy was doing, she might have still been on the templar's side. Going solo to take down the Assassins. The ending was disappointing compared to the AC2 ending, which amazed me. BIGTIME.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

It's not confirmed Lucy is dead at the end of the game. It just shows her lying there.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Metamania

It's not confirmed Lucy is dead at the end of the game. It just shows her lying there.

MathMattS

You didn't see the blood coming out of her stomach when she got stabbed?

stealth6spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stealth6spy
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

@awsomeface I couldn't agree with u more.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GodModeEnabled
The only interpretation I'm doing is with Lucy getting stabbed and the purpose of the hybridization with humans (maybe it was just jungle fever). We don't know why Lucy was stabbed for sure, but we know it's because she's not Eve.Juno specifically refers to the assassins as hybrids of the ancients and humans in the finale of Brotherhood. I know it's hard to listen to her because you're trying to platform...it really annoyed me, in fact, that she insisted on talking while I was trying to make jumps...but it's there. The Eagle vision is a diluted version of an extrasensory power used by the ancients - a sixth sense. Juno says all this specifically.The rest is from codexes and such from AC2. But it's all information the games give you, as best as I can remember it, including the way POEs work on people. I'd have to go reload my AC2 save to refresh my memory of it all.Ish_basic
Cool, makes sense to be honest I only half heard what she was saying at the end like you said cause I was trying to do the platforming sections in time. I can get behind the story a bit more now :)
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

[QUOTE="MathMattS"]

Metamania

You didn't see the blood coming out of her stomach when she got stabbed?

True, but she's not necessarily dead. It cut the scene soon after she hit the floor.